:::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Happy Friday, 3/2

Jamarba - I want to second Wendy in welcoming you! That looks like a good trainng schedule. These ladies are full of wonder advice and support! Hope you stick around! We would love to have you!

Wendy - Let us know how Budokon turns out! I have heard about it, but never tried it. I heard that is what Jennifer Anniston did?? Have fun on your get-a-way!!! And hope you "hit it big"!!!

Linda

Ut oh…I just went on a binge…Scarfed a Dove chocolate bar AND a whole mess of potato chips!!! ACK! I’d better order something healthy for dinner tonight!! I have about 45 minutes of downtime before I bang out my workout, so I thought I’d stop back & catch up w/ my cheetahs...

Judy :: hope your hip wasn’t troublesome today. The workout room sounds like a dream!!…I just hate when posts vanish!

Wendy :: agreed about Fluidity being good for days you want to get SOMETHING in...The Budokon sounds interesting – something ELSE I gotta go check out now! ;) Have a great time this weekend & lots of luck!!!

Kristi :: sorry to hear Annemarie’s down with a bug…is she doing any better by this afternoon?…I like doing the 3-day split with the GS series…I generally prefer straight-up workouts and don’t really do mish-moshes or anything like that, so maybe someone else has some other suggestions that would appeal to you…I just can’t believe you haven’t used yours yet!!

Linda :: I don’t know the S.W.A.T. workout...Who’s the instructor? On second thought, don’t tell me if I’m just going to want to buy it! ;)

Christine :: glad you enjoyed dinner last night…what is mahi-mahi like? I’ve never tried it…Thanks for the 411 on Chevy’s…Ya know, I never really cared for Chichi’s…and come to think of it, I think they are pretty much extinct around here now!…Sounds like you & the DDs will be quite busy while DH is away. Has the family ever accompanied him to India?

Carole :: enjoy the LIC premix…you have a great attitude toward laying off the running for a bit. Hopefully that’ll lead to a quick recovery!

Shelly :: hope all goes well at the dentist!

Jamarba :: welcome!! :)

OK, off to kick back a bit and then workout. Enjoy your Friday, everyone!!

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

Welcome Jamarba!

Cathy, It seems she is doing better. Only now she doesn't have a fever but diarrhea. I guess this thing will work itself out this weekend. I'll take a look at GS this weekend. How sad that I have not even opened it yet after all these months. Actually most of the new ones, and even the previous Hardcore preorder, I have not opened. I preordered them all. The only ones I have used from the last 2 preorders is Low Max (only premixes), Muscle Max, Stretch Max and LIC (total body weights premix, I think). My Cathe collection has been gathering dust for almost 2 1/2 years and I have more than the last 2 preorders. :eek: :eek: In my defense I received the Hardcore preorder while pregnant with DD and could not use them and then right after I had her I began focusing on running for my cardio. For some reason I don't like circuits. However, maybe if I sub a circuit in for a total body strength workout then I might feel differently. I probably do need to crosstrain.

Well, I need to get back to work. TTYL.

I'm back! I bet y'all thought you were rid of me for the weekend and here I am popping up again!:p :7 :p :7

I did the Budokon vid. It was pretty cool. It was 20 minutes of ashtanga yoga which he did a bit differently then Tony or Baron. Change is good, right? Then the martial arts-kicks and punches. It's set up like Kenpo where you do one thing at a time instead of a flowing choreography like Cathe does. It made me sweat. Not pant...but sweat. Then it was about 3 minutes of meditation-not so bad. I guess I was really relaxed cause I actually almost fell over at one point!:p After it was over I decided to add on LIC abs-good burner! I realized as I was doing it that I had never done them before!:eek: How did THAT happen!?!:7

Okay, time to hit the showers girls!

TOODLES!:)

Wendy - That sounds like an interesting type of workout! I LOVE LIC abs!!

Kristi - Oh my! I can't believe you haven't tried the GS's or HC's yet! I love them! They are my favorites! I think you should hurry and try them! }( Hope you like 'em!

Cathy - Don't feel bad....!! I did the same thing today! I ate a 1/2 of a BIG bag of tortilla chips and salsa and a bunch of chocolate ;( We are supposed to go to dinner tonight and to a movie with some good friends. I should have saved my calories for that x( I cannot find the instructor's real full name anywhere! He goes by Commander Tom. Like I was telling Shelly....I seriously need to ban myself from VF so that I will stop finding out about and buying all of these workouts! :+

Welcome, Jamarba!! You'll love this checkin for support & tips from other runners (cheetahs!). What kind of cross training will you do?? Good luck w/ your 10K!!

G'afternoon, Cheetahs!! Well, I did 4 miles (intervals) on the TM. I hated to say it before, but I think the IT band pain is gone FOR GOOD!!! WOOHOO and Hallelujah!! Wow, that's been a LONG time to recover from an injury!! Now I'm just hoping to STAY injury-free to train for the half in May. Then I just did a quick 15 min swim. I did GS BSB this afternoon too. My upper body is feelin' it after doing C & T y'day! }(

Well, we have a Family Fun night to go to in a bit. Greg ended up going to his Mom's to help her get some running water in one of her bathrooms/ laundry room. They had a pipe freeze so he got it back running again. Yeah, Greg! ;-) My Dad has our *new* truck, so we will get it from him tomorrow probably. It's a good thing I trust my Dad to buy it sight unseen!! (he's a total car guy!)

OK, gotta run but wanted to pop in! I feel like I've been on the phone non-stop w/ the car dealer, credit union, insurance, etc. Oh well, it's a done deal now! :)

Not sure if I’m dealing with allergies or if I’m getting another blasted cold! I am feverish (I have a fleece on at work and it’s cool here, but I’m burning up) and I’m coughing… I guess time will tell. I am ready to sleep. Good thing is that I haven’t been hungry. I’ve eaten to keep up my strength, but that’s about it. I did manage to get in some shopping – hit the Gap Outlet again and got a pair of jeans of DD14, a pair of dark brown roll-up khaki’s for me, two sweaters, two tanks and a pair of cute peep-toe shoes for $73.00. The jeans were $8.00. Cannot beat that with a stick! I love bargains! Kind of makes up for feeling like crap now! LOL

Linda – enjoy Wild Hogs – let me know how it is – we’ll probably take in the Sunday matinee.

Jamarba – WELCOME!!! Glad to see another Cheetah! I like the Runner’s World Schedule – used it to train for my Half last October. My only suggestion is to maybe do a light cross training session before your long run – no leg work. So happy you’re here!

Cathy – just eat a nice light dinner and relax – it happens to all of us from time to time. You’ll be fine and no heavier. P90X does make one hungrier. It’s something to watch for. Mahi-Mahi is a firm white fish – not as firm as swordfish, though. It’s very flavorful in a good way. If you like fish, you’ll love Mahi – if you get the chance, order it some time. I answered your question about the family going to India below because it’s long…

Kristi – glad to hear little AnneMarie is feeling a bit better!! How’s mom feeling?

Wendy – have a fab weekend!! I review Budokon on On Demand on my cable network. It was interesting…

Jess – I’m knocking on wood for you! Yeah!!! Oh, and I tossed some salt over my shoulder, too (not sure why, but, it seemed the thing to do). I hope that nasty IT Band injury is gone for good!

Barb – good luck to the boys at the swim meets this weekend!!!!

Here’s the India story - Yeah, we’ve been to India with DH. It’s an interesting country. If you’ve been to Mexico and visited some of the non-tourist spots, you have an idea what a third world country can be. As his mom lives in a town 120 miles north of New Delhi, I’ve been out into countryside and believe me, we’re always sooo happy to get back to Delhi to the clean hotel for a shower. I never feel clean anywhere else. The people are wonderful, though – so friendly and loving of a good time. I get an idea of what a celebrity goes through when I’m there, though – especially outside the major cities – being 5’10 and blonde, I’m very different from anyone else there (even the men usually only come to my shoulders). I get stared at, kids follow me around (that doesn’t bother me – I love that kids are curious about anything unusual – but when adults stare openly I get a little bothered), I get told I’m beautiful from complete strangers (which is odd to me as while I’m not ugly, I’m not the kind who turns heads), and I get totally ripped off in all of the stores (I buy nothing for myself because the merchants all think I’m a rich American). I really appreciate the culture in a lot of way (others, like the caste system – not so much). They have a great respect for their elders and the kids will happily spend hours translating between a grandmother and me. Everyone under 30 speaks fluent English – so the language is not really a problem (except when DH forgets about himself and starts speaking Hindi to me – which provokes great gales of laughter from everyone gathered about). Family is also very important, and if family travels to see you, they stay in your house. Even if there are 100 of them. You toss mattresses on the floor and sleep like puppies – all piled around each other. (except if you’re the rich American cousins who sleep in the hotel – you’d better believe it – as much as I love the tradition – I need a break from everything for a bit). Toilets are interesting most are “squatters” – basically they look like a built-in bed pan surrounded by ceramic – and you squat over it. Which is not fun when you’re affected by the water (I now only drink water that has been cleaned with iodine tablets – even bottled water outside the hotels is suspect). The hotels and newer houses have American Johns, but when you’re out – try squatting in a sari – not recommended!!! DD14 has been over there twice and has even been approached by my DH’s brother-in-law’s sister about a possible marriage to their son. Which is a huge honor – families of boys NEVER approach families of girls for marriage - and totally freaks out DD14 (not that we would ever force her to do something like that). We haven’t been over in a few years, so Ishmu may have changed his mind. DD17 hasn’t been over since she was about 12. I kind of felt sorry for her the last time we all went because with her sister being blonde, sis got all of the attention. That was hard on her. I am really glad that the girls and I did get to go over there, though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.