CCPP results!

spyrosmom

Cathlete
I woke up this morning w/ a bad case of "disc 6 butt" I noticed it before I even got out of bed. oohhhh, my tush!!!! I decided to go ahead w/ PP but dial back a notch if need be, but then I tacked on V8 steady 2 and challenge 2 at the end. Tonight is wine and movies night, so I need a little wiggle room :p My booty was fine once I got going, but now that I have stopped, showered, and am sitting, I may never, ever get up again.

The rain stayed away so I got outside with the workout. My Ipod wasn't juiced up this morning, so I thought I would be stuck inside, but by the time I got my shoes on and ready to go, it was ready as well. Those little suckers charge fast. We've had an oddly cool summer, and it was in the mid 60s and sunny when I started, and mid 60s and cloudy when I stopped, with a nice breeze, so it was perfect for running.

I ended up at 84 mins, and 7 miles covered. Woosh! I think I have room for some wine this evening. Other than PP, it is going to be a lazy day today. Groceries, lunch, cross stitch, and reading in that order. I'll walk the dog later. I think Vlad was a bit dissapointed that he had to stay home this morning, but I didn't feel like running with him today.

The workout was for my BIL who has been dealing w/ alcohol/drugs issues for a while, and finally announced to the family this week he is going sober. Best of luck, BIL!!!

Nan

I thought I posted already, but it wasn't showing up, so I really hope I don't have a duplicate post :eek:

Great job Nan!!! Enjoy your wine tonight :D

I just finished my PP workout and felt tired up until C4 and got my second (or first!) wind. For the first time I did NOT add a bonus challenge and just did the workout as is. I am off to the shower and then spend the day canning zucchini pickles and pears! :)

I look forward to reading everyone's results later.

I did mine early this AM also, followed by core and a Stretch Max segment. I logged over 6 miles and felt great, even thru the extra HILLS I tacked on (just for you, Shelley). MY PF felt pretty good during the run, but we'll see how I make out over the next 48 hours.

GREAT JOB, LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

I just finished on my stationary. I had a hard time getting motivated this morning :confused: Once I started and got focused I was fine. I dedicated the workout to my 88 year old cousin who just had a mastecomy a couple of weeks ago. She's a fighter!!!

Nan, I had Legs & Glutes butt this morning myself. I cannot imagine doing PP the day after disc 6 :eek: Have a glass of wine for me, mkay?

Mary, nice job. I didn't do a bonus either. Have fun canning!!

Gayle, so glad t hear your PF did ok!!

Way to go ladies!!

It was absolutely gorgeous outside this morning. I too didn't seem to have any energy this morning, but once I got started, the motivation from Jim and Sean kicked in. Doesn't it every time? :)

Nan, just like you I tacked on Volume 8 challenge 2. I used the instrumental only, it was awesome! There is something about that music that definitely digs deep. So I'll join you in that wine! (Is now too early? ;))

I ran for my husband, my love, my soulmate. And for Shannon (I hope you heal quickly) and as always, for Jim. I logged 82 minutes and 9 miles.

Nan, I'll keep your BIL in my prayers and Catherine, your cousin too. Mary, canning sounds like fun. :) Gayle take care of your PF, I'm glad it didn't act up.

You guys rock!

Becky

^^^^^5's everyone!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this workout. It's truly a gift that keeps on giving. Not only do I feel great doing it, that feeling lasts and lasts and lasts...

Also the gift that keeps on giving: STS disc 6. I also am sporting a serious case of "disc 6 butt". Thighs are sore today too, but once I got going...IT WAS ON!!!

However, I did not tack on an extra challenge like you hard-core ladies. Sitting on that bike was a challenge in and of itself.;)

explain to me...

CCPP Saturday...does everyone participating do the same Cardio Coach? Can I play too...but I have to do it on Tues or Wed...I have a standing date most Saturdays for a long run with a friend (kinda pathetic recently, missed A WHOLE MONTH due to vacation, rain, and illness) but I need to be a little more accountable for long runs-way too slow this morning, Insanity does not lend itself to training for longer runs. So you dedicate a run to someone? That's a great idea! I just thought I'd be nosy and see if I could butt in as you know you are all a bunch of enablers :p ...learned about CC here and bought 5 of the programs...they are great!
just thought I'd ask!
julie

I did PP this a.m. on my bicycle trainer in the garage. It was early, but already steamy. I sweated buckets. I just absolutely love this workout. It always gives me goosebumps and the hair on my arms was sticking up. It was incredible.

I dedicated my workout in memory of my brother Bryan, who died of lung cancer last Feb.

Hiya CCPPers:D

I procrastinated all day long until about 5:00 and then decided if I was going to get it in today, I'd better get to it. I know just how painful that first challenge is...ugh! I typically raise my level 3's to 4's and almost always do with challenge 1 and today was no different. I had already burned 350 cals. at the end of C1.:cool: Challenge 3 is another toughie for me. The sprints on the elliptical just slay me.:confused:

I added in great body abs and stretch for my additional challenge. It was a 1:24 min. workout and I am SPENT! My clothes were soaked thru and my HRM showed a huge calorie burn. I'm going to enjoy my rest day tomorrow.:D....and pizza tonight.:p

Nan - I laughed at your comment about sitting down and 'may never get up again'. LOL! I feel exactly the same way. I don't even want to get up to get the phone and order pizza. *lol* I wish I would have had your weather. The rain made it an elliptical workout for me, but no matter.....this workout is crazy inside or out. Great job!

Mary - send some of those yummy canned goods my way! Great job getting it done early today.

Gayle - ahhhh doesn't that stretch feel heavenly after such an intense workout? Hopefully the PF stays at bay for you. I know what a pain that can be.

Catherine - I had a hard time finding motivation myself. I've never done PP on a bike. I'd love to get a good one and give it a try. WTG!

Becky - Hats off to you for doing the extra challenge. You certainly must've found that motivation in order to do that! Great job!!

Melissa - LOVE this workout?? Are you crazy?? LOL! I know what you mean - the endorphins after it's over are like no other and worth every drop of sweat....or should I say every bucket of sweat.:eek:

farmgirl - Everyone's welcome to join in on Press Play Saturday. Yes, most folks dedicate their workout to someone as inspiration. However, it's not necessary if you don't want to. Press Play is 'THE' workout but I'm sure you could substitute another CC workout if you don't have it. But, really, it's a must have workout! Worth every penny!!! There's a link to buying the workout on Sean's site.....check it out. The proceeds go to the Choose Living foundation so it's money well spent.

ivory - Great job on that workout! So sorry to hear about your brother. What a great way to remember him.

To all who follow - high 5's!

Angie

Hey Everyone - great workouts! Just have a minute but wanted to post -

Burned just over 900 calories and now time for shower...yep, might just be needing one of those. Results were as follows: 7.01 miles in the bike (challenge 1), 1.52 on the TM (challenges 2 and 3), 1.60 (77 flights) on the stepmill (challenges 4 and 5) and 1.3 on the Arc (added challenge v8, challenge 2).

I thought now was a good time to get off my butt and post again here. :eek: I haven't done PP since May thanks to my feet and ankle acting up. BUT:

Today I did the whole workout! :p I can't remember the last time I did the whole thing! I felt so good. I really felt like I hit a zone and was hypnotised or something. I did the spin bike for the first 3 challenges and then the TM (walking with insane amounts of incline...). I burned almost 900 calories :eek:

It's so good to see you all posting about your amazing workouts :) Well done to everyone.

I thought now was a good time to get off my butt and post again here. :eek: I haven't done PP since May thanks to my feet and ankle acting up. BUT:

Today I did the whole workout! :p I can't remember the last time I did the whole thing! I felt so good. I really felt like I hit a zone and was hypnotised or something. I did the spin bike for the first 3 challenges and then the TM (walking with insane amounts of incline...). I burned almost 900 calories :eek:

It's so good to see you all posting about your amazing workouts :) Well done to everyone.

Yay ^^^^^^5 Glad you got thru it and more importantly had fun!!! Good job!

Nan

I decided to do CCPP today. My friend (I thought he actually considered me a good friend, too :p) gave me a set of rollers for my bike so I tried them today. Figured CCPP had that nice long intro, so I would have plenty of time to get my balance. Ha! Took me 20 minutes before I felt safe enough to let go of the wall (I was riding in a doorway per another friend's suggestion). By the end of the workout I was doing much better and actually did the final 4 minute challenge without running into either side of the doorway once. I can see great benefits to these in both spin cadence and balance, so I'm looking forward to using them more. Definitely can use the work on my balance. One other thing I learned is that being scared stiff does not raise my heart rate. :rolleyes:

Great workouts everyone!

This morning I ran 6 miles using CCPP outside on the path. Then I came home and DH and I went out together and biked 9.3 miles/ran 2 miles/biked 9.3 miles (we're training to do a duathlon together mid October). I'm so excited that he's going to do it with me, yay! :)

Kathy G

Tanya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! Way to Go!!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you that you did the whole CCPP!!!!!! :eek::D:p:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am doing the happy dance with you and for you!! Great job!!!

Checking in late. I wasn't able to do it this weekend, so the dogs and I headed out this morning - way too late in the morning because by the time we got back it hit 98 degrees.

We clocked in at 1 hour 56 min. and 8.7 miles. I added challenge 1 and 2 from vol. 8 as the "bonus". YIKES! WTH was I thinking? But I was too stubborn to stop early.
'This workout was dedicated to my friend Michelle who recently was diagnosed with breast cancer and started her first chemo treatment last Thursday. This run was you, Michelle! And as always to Becky's DH Mike.

Way to go, Tanya! It's great to see you here.

Christine, that's really good to know that being scared stiff doesn't raise your heart rate. LOL! I guess your heart was frozen stiff too :eek:I gotta ask though: What are rollers for the bike?

Great workout everyone!!!

Carola - rollers are pretty much what the sound like. Three big rolls that move you set the rear wheel between two and the front wheel on the front one and try to stay upright. Here's a video of a guy who CAN ride them on them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXV4S5TPctc Thanks to Cathe's core work, I could balance after about 20 minutes - but it's not easy. I set up in a doorway so whenever I started going to far to the left or right, I had something to grab. I also discovered yesterday that counting relaxes me - who knew? As soon as I started to freak out (yeah, happened a lot), I would count and calm down.

Carola - rollers are pretty much what the sound like. Three big rolls that move you set the rear wheel between two and the front wheel on the front one and try to stay upright. Here's a video of a guy who CAN ride them on them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXV4S5TPctc Thanks to Cathe's core work, I could balance after about 20 minutes - but it's not easy. I set up in a doorway so whenever I started going to far to the left or right, I had something to grab. I also discovered yesterday that counting relaxes me - who knew? As soon as I started to freak out (yeah, happened a lot), I would count and calm down.

I just would've fallen off and cracked my head on the doorframe with that. Seems to me a helmet would be in order. I can't believe anyone can actually do that, or that anyone came up with that!

Nan

It's not easy, but it's not as hard as it looks, either. Even if the bike falls, it falls off and stops. You don't really hurt yourself. And you do get a lot of benefits from it. There is a nice little learning curve though!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.