Cathlete's Gettin' to Goal Week of August 30th

upnorthchick

Cathlete
Hello! I'll get us started this week. :)

Busy weekend for me. I'm in full "preparing for mom's visit" mode. I've been cleaning like a crazed woman all weekend and I've been to Target no less than 4 times!!

I have managed to get my workouts in though. Saturday was a mix of BM2 cardio and some cardio from CTX-total of 70 min. This morning was Imax 2 (sans most of the blasts) + LIC Bonus Cardio for a total of 45 minutes. Normally Sunday is my rest day but because of some poor eating choices, I decided that I need to do something this morning. :eek:

Friday night my DH surprised me with dinner out. Which was wonderful of him, and I think I did ok. I had the lettuce wraps and only ate about half. Just never know what's in there and how much oil they use. I logged my calories for the day and seemed to be within range. :cool:

Saturday was a day filled with errands and a lot of driving. I made a Sam's Club run (1 1/2 hours away) and ate my lunch there. Sample heaven!! I kept track of everything I ate on a piece of paper! :p I ate very randomally all day. I wrote it all down but have not logged it yet. Hopefully, it won't be too bad. :confused:

Today was brunch at my SIL's. Did really good on portions. I'll see how the weekend really went when I weigh in on Tuesday. ;) :p

Well, back to preparing for my mom. Time to tidy up the patio!! I'll check back to see how everyone is doing.

I know everyone had a busy weekend too: showers, house hunting, etc. I hope y'all had a good one!! :D

Where is everyone? Hope everyone's weekend went well.

I ate horrible all weekend. I was craving chicken wings and finally gave in and ate 9 of them. Then when I got up I was grossed out by the thought of them and won't eat them for at least another 6 months or more. I took the kids on a really long, hilly walk this morning. The weather was great for it. I also ran some errands and did some packing.

I go back to work tomorrow and so I have to get my workout in first thing. I made a rotation for myself but am 2 days behind. I may do SH Bis and Tris or I may do MM upper body premix with PH Abs. Depends on how I feel in the morning.

I am off to do some schoolwork and then off to bed.

Good night.

test

why does my ticker not get updated? I updated it in the workout manager...
I don't get it!

edited:
Never mind it finally is working...

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm back :D! It was a crazy week. I was busy most of the week preparing for my sister's baby shower. I also took my son to get his senior pictures taken, took my four year old DD to the dentist (that didn't work out so well:confused:), and drove to Tombstone to my son's first football game of the season(we won 29-14:D). Saturday was my sister's baby shower. She left most of her leftover cake at my house :eek:. Guess who ate almost all of it. The good news is it's all gone and now I can focus on my goals again:eek:.

Linda: I see you posted a weight loss in your tracker. Congratulations!

Melissa: I hope your first day back to work isn't too stressful. I know it can take a little while to get back into the groove of things. I hope you find a house you like soon. Good luck.

Lisa: Have a fun visit with your mom. Good job with the workouts and eating. Sounds like you're doing great. I probably should of worked out today too following my terrible eating this weekend. I chose to take a nap instead :p.

Hope you all have a great week. I'll try really hard this week to check-in everyday.

Well, at least I don't have to feel like I'm the only one that is crazy busy!!

Lisa, I know that feeling of a Mom visit...I do the same thing. I clean so hard in the days leading up to the visit, I count that as my workout! I like the multiple Target trips, that's my kind of weekend!

Linda, Congrats on your wt loss!!!

Melissa, Good luck on the new school year. My sister, who is math teacher as well, goes back this week...but she's 6 weeks prego and sick....I only tell you this so you'll know it could be worse!! ha ha So does this mean that I can e-mail you math questions when I don't get my fith grades' homework this year?:confused:
Don't sweat the wings, if you have to cheat, do it right! I do the same thing with cookie dough, once I have my fill, I don't care about it for another 6 months.

Jacque, what a busy weekend! Juggling kids and sports is a full-time job...I'm in overtime mode juggling a husband on crutches, too! I did GS Legs Saturday...I forgot about how sore my calves are after that...ouchh!!

I've got workouts and meals planned thru Thursday...we'll see how it goes. I made a wonderful Gumbo from a WW recipe yesterday.
Have a great week!

Hi all!

Thanks for starting us, Lisa.:)

My eating sucked big time this weekend and that's all I'm going to say about that. :eek: This week doesn't look to be much better. I've got to get the social eating thing under control. There's just too much of it going on. I'll be making fudge and a couple of other chocolate treats for Wednesday. Our Girlfriends (women's ministry) is having a girls night out Wed and we're doing a chocolate bar. :eek::eek::eek: I can't hardly miss it since I'm the event's coordinator. :confused: And then there will be my special birthday meals......... I do think that I should be good for awhile after this week though.

Saturday I tried Amy B's In The Ring and really liked it. I didn't go all out on it but played with learning the choreography for the most part. I got my HR up and worked up a sweat so it's all good. I might have to look into Surge now.:D Sunday was a rest day and today was Disc 7! Tomorrow will probably be a rest day as well. I have to help DH and have too much going on but we shall see.;)

Jacque, I have left over cake from last night here, too. I'm going to try to give it away tonight.

Melissa,
if chicken wings was your only eating mishap then you did good girl. :p

Lisa, you sound like you're doing much better with your social eating than me. Good job! I must rein it in because there's always going to be things going on with eating involved.......

linda checkin

Hi EVeryone!

Rhondalynn: I am glad you liked Amy's In the Ring(ITR)! I really liked that, but, it is my second favorite, while Amy's Kickbox Surge is my very favorite. I really like how she's choreo'd that one and the music is really motivating. My daughter recognizes the songs on it, but, it is young people's music, and I guess I don't listen to those radio stations, so I son’t recognize the songs, but like the music to exercise to! Anyway, if you like ITR, you would love KB Surge! You sound really busy with all your social commitments, and the food associated with them – must be hard to manage it…

Lisa: Where do you get your energy to clean and workout? Can I have some (energy)? Sounds like you’re doing a good job on your portions! Also, wanted to tell you that I like keeping up with your FB postings.

Melissa: We had chicken, too, but, it was fried chicken. DH told my son to buy it for dinner at Fred Meyers(they have the best fried chicken), so I peeled the skin off one piece(I wanted a breast, but, got a small thigh), and ate it. It was still pretty good. Then I ate a big salad. That was so hard to give up(the crispy skin on the chicken). At least you got grossed out enough that you won’t eat them for awhile!

Jacque: You sure did have a busy week with your family! Maybe it will calm down a bit this week, or is it just ramping up?! When is your sister’s baby due? Glad most of the cake is gone now! If it is a good cake it is always hard to leave it alone. I put half of my really good bday cake in the freezer(July), and was looking forward to eating it later on. Well, I guess my son really liked that cake and he ate it when DH and I were out of town for a couple of days!!! L BTW, that cake is called Chantilly Berry from Whole Foods. That is my very favorite cake!

Lacey: The gumbo sounds yummy. I haven’t eaten soup during summer, mostly just salads. When the weather cools off I’ll eat more hot soups! Good luck this week; I see you have planned to Thursday and that’s a good idea to do that- I’m just going to wing it day by day this week!

Every morning I make a smoothie in my Magic Bullet, but, this morning I did not realize I used up my frozen berries YESTERDAY! I usually put soy or rice milk, frozen berries, half banana, flaxseed oil, & greens powder and any other fruit around, into my smoothie. Since the berries were gone, and my steel cut oats supply seemed to be also depleted, I made another kind of Mixed grain hot cereal. That was good – I added dried cranberries, rice milk, and flax seed oil. It was kind of cold in the morning so that hit the spot.
Did pretty well, keeping around 20 WW points totaled at the end of the days the past week,and the intense exercising helped! I’m very happy with the 1.6 pound loss, but that was over a 2-3 week period. This is less than all you guys(high 5’s to y’all!), but, if I can lose ½ pound per week for 3 months, I’d be ecstatic!!!
I went shopping at the mall near my sister’s house, and didn’t buy any clothes. I want to wait ‘til I lose some weight. I did buy some Tupperware, though! I love Tupperware. I got one of those wide-mouth pitchers for mixing with a spout and a cover(wished for one for a long time), and a squarish tallish pitcher. I don’t know why I get excited about Tupperware! I also get excited about DeMarle cookware(silicone cookware). You bake in these flexible molds and they don’t stick! The are very expensive, though L. Still love ‘em, and am planning my next purchase. My sister eats very healthy, too. Well, I try, but she actually does it! She is tiny 4’-11” about 105 pounds! She is very fit and looks great – she is 2 years younger than me. I am the giant, and I feel big and fat next to her!! J My other sister is also tiny, but, probably weighs around 100. I can’t even imagine!! I am the big one in my family!

Okay, guess I better go; I have started to ramble. This is getting easier to check-in.
Sorry if I have bored everyone, but good luck this upcoming week with your goals, plans, and eating decisions!

Off to do Butts and Guts!

Hey everyone! It was very cold here this morning!! We were under a "frost advisory". Luckily, there was no frost; at least not at my house. brrr!!

Well, I plugged all (hopefully all) my food into my tracker this morning. It was not pretty. I went over my calorie limit on Saturday by 656!! :(:confused::eek: What really got me was the eating in the car. Trader Joe's Popped Chips should be outlawed!! :eek::p I don't expect the scale to be kind to me tomorrow.

Happily, I am back on track today with food (at least so far). I did my favorite CTX cardio/upper body workout this morning. :)

Melissa: Hope your first day back to work goes well! It must be fun to see all the kids after the summer break. Tho' maybe some more than others ;) Whatever workout you picked today, I hope it was great. I like the UB work in MM. Except for maybe the dropsets of pushups! :eek: Or are those in GS chest? Sounds like you started packing for your move, good luck with your house search, I hope you find something soon.

Linda: Woohoo! Another 1.4 pounds GONE!! YAY! :D

Jacque: Sounds like you had a very busy weekend! I'm amazed at everything mom's accomplish for their kids!! Seriously, I stand in awe of it. :cool: I totally know how you feel about the cake(cookie dough, frosting, et. al) finally being gone! It's like a hurdle that someone moves out of the way! :) Glad your DS won his first game!! Is your DD scared of the dentist?

Lacy: Very cool that you have your workouts and meals planned for most of the week. Would you want to share that gumbo recipe? :) My house is almost "mom approved", just have to vacuum the window screens and sills and clean the bathroom.

Rhondalyn: I do better with food in groups than I do when I'm alone. :eek: :eek: That chocolate bar party sounds fun! What a great idea! Have a GREAT birthday week!! Enjoy yourself!! I have special things that I like to eat on birthday too! Thai food or Mexican are usually on my list! :D

Happy Monday to all!!

Linda, looks like we replied at the same time! Your smoothies sound delicious!! I don't have a thing for Tupperware but I do have a thing for Pampered Chef!! If I don't have a PC item it's because I don't want it or it's new and I haven't seen it yet! :eek: I also have a thing for specialized bakeware--fun shaped bundt cake pans, brownie pans, cake pan, silicone pans. Love them all!!

p.s. correction: congratulations on your 1.6 pound loss!! :D

I just ordered the whole Body Blast set thats on 30% off.....I figured while I'm on a roll, I might as well feed the need!!!:eek:

Lacy! Nice purchase!! You won't regret it! KPC was my first Cathe workout--it's SO awesome, it's still one of my favorites!! Step Blast is awesome too! It wasn't my first Cathe step workout but when I finally "got" the combos and made it through to the end, wow! I felt like I could do anything! :D

Good buy, Lacy!
fcc1594f71561e6329cf20ee5565d560ba51006_t.gif
You're on a roll!

So that silicone cookware really works? I've always been a little leery of them.

I'm making chocolate!!!:eek:

Good buy, Lacy!
fcc1594f71561e6329cf20ee5565d560ba51006_t.gif
You're on a roll!

So that silicone cookware really works? I've always been a little leery of them.

I'm making chocolate!!!:eek:

Hi Rhondalyn:

Yes that silicone bakeware works. Just the DeMarle brand. I will find a website for you. They have "parties" like Tupperware, etc, so you can get stuff for free. Only that kind is good, though. If you get a blue, red, or light green colored one, they do NOT work at all. I have those fake ones and they are good prices and a waste of money. The black ones, which are DeMarle are super expensive. I buy some once per year when someone has a party...

They are good for making chocolates, too, because they have lots of molds :D.
I'll find a website for you later tonight.

Talk to you later,
linda

Hi ladies! I was just outside pulling weeds when I saw a Gila Monster! Even though I know it's there (I've seen it several times it must have a burrow close by) it still freaks me out:eek: I took some pictures of it but I can't figure out how to post them here:( It's a very interesting creature that most people will never see in the wild. Did you know that it's illegal to kill, capture, harass, or otherwise harm a Gila Monster? Anyway, that was my excitement for the night :D. Today was a better day food wise and I got a good workout in (Supersets and CTX Step & Intervals cardio).

Rondalynn: You're a strong woman if you can make chocolate and not eat it ;). The chocolate bar sounds like fun. We need to do something like that for the ladies in my chruch. You've really had a lot going on lately. I hope your week's not to crazy. AB Kickbox Surge is really is a fun workout. In fact it's on my schedule for tomorrow.:) I'm going to stick with the same rotation for Sept. since I did so well with it in Aug. That means Tues. is a Kickbox day.:)

Lacy: You're going to love the Body Blast series. Step Blast, Step Jump and Pump, and Kick Punch and Crunch are three of my favorite workouts. I wish I was better at planning meals and workouts. I'm not much of a planner.

Linda: This week should be a little better. My sister had her baby 7 weeks ago. She was 6 weeks early though. She's doing good now. The cake was so good. I have a friend who makes them. They're so moist and the frosting is the best I've had. I'll have to try that cake you mentioned. I wish we had a Whole Foods around here.

Lisa: That was the first time my daughter had been to the dentist. She wouldn't even open her mouth. They told me to take her to a pediatric dentist so she can be sedated. That means a trip out of town since there's not one locally. I'm so jealous of your cold weather this morning. I'm so ready for summer to end. I've had enough of 100 degree plus temps.:mad: I'm sure you've already burned all those extra calories off. You may be pleasantly surprised by the scale tomorrow.:)

Heather, Melissa, and Nancy: I hope you all had a good Monday.:)

ETA: Here's a link to the Gila Monster pictures on my facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6803&id=100000018510001&l=82e92c304a

Last edited:
Monday!

Hi, everyone! <waving wildly> I skimmed through all of the posts I missed while I was gone. It sounds like everyone is doing fairly well in eating and losing weight (hey, we all slip sometimes!), and especially getting their workouts in.

We left here on Thursday for a surprise birthday party for my husband's 80-year-old sister. His siblings are 75, 80 and 85. We picked up his brother and sister (Jacque we went through Safford to Clifton -- did you see me wave? <giggle>) here in Arizona and in New Mexico and headed to Oklahoma for the big surprise party. And boy was it ever a surprise -- it was wonderful. It is a very rare for the four siblings to be together at one time.

It was four days of very long driving. I did well the first two days eating wise, but fell apart after that. The pure boredom got to me and I snacked constantly, although I did very well at actual meal times. <---Gotta look at the bright side, right? I did take workout clothes with me, but there was absolutely no time to get anything in. I'm looking forward to getting back on the eating and workout track tomorrow.

Sorry about no personals, but I need to get to bed. Driving (and being the passenger) wears me out! Talk to you tomorrow!

Oh, I nearly forgot. Please sign me up, too, for the Fall Farewell To Fat Tour! :p

tuesday

:cool:

Hi Everyone:

Just here to mostly say “hi” today:

Nancy: Welcome back from your trip. I cantotally understand not etting a chance to workout. I always bring my workout clothes, too, but, never seem to get the amount of workouts in (if any at all) that Iwould like to. I thinking getting off synch to one’s regular schedule of eating, working out, and doing different things makes it difficult to plan the workout. Ut, hope you get lots of goodsleep and get back on schedule!

Jacque: Saw the pics of your gila monster. That would freak me out, too. I hate anything “snake-ish”. Do you remember the line in one of the Raiders of the Lost Ark movies where Indiana Jones says, “I hate snakes” ? I am exactly like that, but he is more brave J. I do think geckos are cute, though J. How long are those gila monstors? I think I would be afraid to go outside! I am such a chicken!
Keep up the good working out!

Rhondalynn: Here is the website for Demarle cookware:
http://content.demarleathome.com/ . The Demarle rep sent her newsletter to me today, and here is her website: http://www.imakenews.com/demarleathome/index000386596.cfm?x=bg0SlMj,bg43KWs7,w You can’t really tell from the website how good the stuff is, and I’d say you’d probably be turned off from it because of the price, but, if you know someone who has some to borrow, you’d most likely like it a lot. The rep could send you a catalog, but, in my opinion she is very PUSHY and has misled me more than once to make her sale—a bad thing! I would tell you the honest truth, though J Okay, I’m done advertising!!
I’ve not been to a chocolate bar (although, I have ate one – hahaha). That sounds really dangerous, but, good luck and enjoy it! My new thing is the Belgian dark chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joes. (TJ’s is another thing I get excited about—I think Lisa might also?). Those almonds are either $3.99, or $4.99, and for 9 almonds is only 140 cals and 4g fat. I think that is mislabeled, though, and I eat 2 at a time because they are big, and that satisfies my choc craving.

Lisa- yum TJ popped chips! I think they have regular and BBQ flavor, right! Easy to eat a lot of those, but, they are not to laden with fat calories, right? I find out about a lot of their products, just by talking to people in the aisles. Everyone that shops there is friendly, and so is everyone that works there. In fact, I keep saying that if I get laid off, or if I retire, I want to work there, because people are so nice, and I’d be moving around all the time, rather than sitting on my behind looking at a computer screen all day long! Hope you have fun when your mom visits. Sounds like you did a really good job getting ready for her. Now, can you come over and organize and clean my house???? Again, keep up that energy!

Last night, I was trying to decide what cardio I would do today, and was looking through my DVD’s. I forgot about Amy’s Hi Low Knockout – I could not even remember what it was. I played part of it last night and remembered how fun, and tiring it was(good music to exercise to, also). So, going to do that in about 30 minutes!

Keep your goals in mind and have a good day!
(Also, excuse any typos—I should put that in my signature line)
:D

Tuesday

Hi all! No workout for me today. It just got away from me as I got caught up from not being home. It's probably for the best, though, since I'm still tired from the long drive. Eating has been really good and that's the most critical, so I should be all set for tomorrow.

Linda, I don't have any of the Amy Bento workouts other than the step ones. You're making me want to try some out.

Jacque, I forgot to comment about the Gila Monster. Aren't they something? Years ago when my husband and I were really into cycling we were doing the Cochise Classic around the Douglas area. We were out in the middle of nowhere and there was a Gila Monster just sitting in the middle of the road. My husband insisted that we stop so he could move it off the roadway. That thing was big! It probably just turned right back around after we went on our way and headed back into the road :rolleyes:

Hello!! Just checking in really quickly here....did you notice my ticker? I'm down another pound. :D Feels good!!

This morning I did LIC Cardio Premix. Tomorrow I plan on doing BM2-cardio & weights premix.

My eating has been good this week only by the fact that I have stayed within my calorie range. Can't say all the choices were great but I stayed within my calories. ;):eek: It was another stressful day at work...my receptionist quit!! :( It's a long story but basically she let a flirtation with someone at work go to far, her husband found out and wants her to quit (which I totally understand). Don't you hate it when other people's choices end up affecting you?? :confused:

I pick up my mom and her husband tomorrow!! :eek::D Hopefully I can stay on track while they're here. I cut up fruit and veggies to have on hand for snacking, so that should help. She must be really spooked by the dentist! Must be the white smock... :)

Jacque: That Gila Monster is horrifying!! I would choose not to weed...ever!! I had considered retiring to a nice little place in the desert but since seeing the Gila Monster, I'm reconsidering! :eek: I hope it all works out for you to get your doctor to the pediatric dentist.

Nancy: Sounds like you had a great weekend in OK! Driving/travelling can really make me tired too! Get some good sleep and rest! You're right, eating is the key part to the whole puzzle. Boy has it taken me too long to figure that out!!

Linda: I'll be looking for those dark chocolate covered almonds at TJ's tomorrow ;) I will also be looking at the silicone bakeware. My house is all ready for my mom-I'm exhausted! Maybe I'll just nap while they're here! lol!

The only Amy Bento workout I tried was a step workout that was on On Demand. I totally could not get what she was doing! And I like the dancy, more complicated routines. I'll have to see if On Demand has an AB kickbox workout available.

Well, I hope everyone has a good rest of the week! I'm not sure if I'll be checking in again this week but I'll be thinking of you!! :)

Cathletes Gettin' to Goal Check-in

Happy Tuesday! I made it through a super stressful Monday without comfort eating! After working late, I planned menus for the week and went to HEB on the way home. I prefer to take care of menu planning and grocery shopping on Saturday or Sunday, but I could not decide what to eat this week. Last night, I listened to my body long enough to know what would satisfy me this week.

Sunday and Monday were much needed rest days. I enjoyed STS Disc 4 this morning. I am loving STS this round without the one-rep max tests and workout cards! I am listening to my body and learning to enjoy STS intuitively. None of the personal trainers I have worked with through the years ever tested my one-rep max. I do not believe it is necessary for weight loss. STS is a fun rotation without all the fussy details. I realized this morning that the thought of logging all my weights and reps is what I was dreading. I am enjoying my fun version of STS! I love, love, love the band work! The bow and arrow with a band is fun (with my green Dynaband)!

Zumba addict of the week checking in! LOL! I got my Zumba fix tonight! It was a Zumba Max class! We got in a big circle and did some fun and fast-paced moves that were as intense as a Cathe interval blast! Mercy! I was drenched in sweat after that!

One of my goals for this week is to start getting to bed before midnight, so I need to wrap this up and start winding down. My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be free to check-in during my lunch hour and catch up with personals.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

OK, it's hump day...2 more days to weigh-in. My kids are begging to go get a giant cookie at the mall for their summer babysitter as a "thank you." Can I resist?? I think I can...here's my strategy...when they are eating the cookie I will eat a chocolate chip kashi bar...It will be chocolate and may just trick my craving for the lucious gooey cookie with buttercream icing...ok, I know may of you are raising your eyebrown doubting this will work...but it's worth a try;)
Yesterday was my rest day since I worked, the kids had dentist appointments and then 1 1/2 hrs soccer practice. Today is exercise bike with GS Chest and Tri.

Rhondalyn: What is your secret to losing weight with all of this baking??? Please let us in on it!

Jacque: Love the pics of the Gila Moster! I never saw one in Yuma!

Lisa: Congrats on the weight loss and have fun with your mom!

Linda: I'm checking out the bakeware today...it sounds awsome!

Heather: I agree with ou on STS, I never did the 1 rep max...I can't get bogged down in too many details or I wont stick to it (self-diagnosed ADHD talking). All I do is write down my weight I use in a notebook under each DVD so next time I do it I will know what to use. I put an up arrow or down arrow to tell myself to go up or down in weight next time. I do this for all the DVDs, not just STS, though.

Nancy: Sounds like you had a great trip...I too always take shoes and workout clothes, but never get to it...not sure why??? My rule for road trips is that no matter where we stop for fast food along the way, I always order 1 of 2 things: Grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo, no cheese...eat it open face w no fries...or grilled chicken salad w light or no dressing....becasue I know that at every stop for gas I have to have a YOO-HOO chocolate drink!!:eek:

Hope everyone has a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.