Cathletes Gettin' To Goal~Sept 6-12

pugw

Cathlete
Hi all,

I thought I'd get us started this week since I have nothing better to do. :rolleyes: I still don't feel good. :( I keep telling my family I have the Swine Flu but it's not getting me much sympathy. :confused: I didn't even go to church today because I thought those there might appreciate it. LOL I hope to start exercising again tomorrow. I am having second thoughts about returning to STS though. I'm not sure that's what I want to do. I have the new Kelly Coffey-Meyer dvds coming and I know I'll be wanting to try those. I'm thinking I'll just mix things up again until I'm ready to commit to STS. :D

Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend. :)

Sunday

Heather, what a great workout week you had. I took your advice and tried the Five Mint last night, as I love mint ice cream. You were right -- it's very good. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rhondalyn, I sure hope you do feel up to working out again soon, but don't push it if you're still not feeling well. STS is not something you can force yourself to do, I don't think. So if you're not feeling it, it's time to try something else.

I did the step premix from Cardio & Weights this afternoon, another of the gazillion premixes I have never tried before. I followed it with a brisk walk outdoors with one of our dogs. I hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend.

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is having a great holiday!:D We're having a BBQ today, just family and a few friends. We'll have to swim in a dirty pool since our pool pump decided to go out this weekend :mad:.

Rondalynn: I hope you're feeling better. You very well could have the swine flu. I think my daughter had it a few months ago (the Dr said it probably was but didn't send in the flu test to be checked, she said they were only checking the ones that were bad enough to be hospitalized0. Luckily, no one else in my family got sick. Did you preorder Shock Cardio? Maybe we some of us can start STS together with Shock Cardio this fall? I know it would help keep me on track to do it with others.

Nancy: Hope you're having a fun weekend. I thought we were going to get some rain this weekend but again NOTHING! I love the premixes! Helps to keep the workouts fresh. On Friday (the last day I worked out) I did a KPC and LG premix. Lots of great premixes on that DVD. I meant to ask you where you're DH went to high school. I know you said his family was from Clifton, but did he attend school there? My mom told me that Clifton doesn't even have a football team this year because there's not enough students. It's sad for me to see how much the school (and the whole area really) has declined.

Well I better run. Lots to do before people start arriving.:D

Happy Labor Day!
ec51594178551168984891f5b8df7ea3a37cdf0_t.gif
No grilling here. I just discovered that they are taking me out for my birthday this afternoon. I really don't want to go. :confused: I feel better but not 100% yet. I did KCM's 30MTF BC w/o this morning. It was all I needed. I got my HR up and worked up a sweat and felt done when it was over. :eek:

Have fun today Jacque. I've had so much trouble with my pool this year. It's still not right. I'm ready to have it closed. I was going to keep it open until after DS's wedding but I think not now. I really don't think I have the swine flu. I never ran a fever. It's just been a bad upper respiratory infection. :( I did order Shock Cardio and that's a great idea. I don't know if I'll be able to handle all of her cardio though. :eek:

I love the premixes as well, Nancy. There are so many that I haven't done. I used to think that I had to do the w/o in it's entirety as intended or not at all. ;) I'm so glad that I'm over that. LOL

I have to take my DM to have a stress test tomorrow and don't know if I'll get a w/o in or not. I'll let you know. :D

Labor Day

Jacque, my BIL lives in Clifton but they were raised in Safford and went to Safford High School. They were there for many generations. The last direct family members to still live there were his aunt and uncle who were killed there in a car wreck a few years ago. He still has many cousins there. I wouldn't be surprised if you ran into them here and there. That's a shame about your pool not being up to par. I wish we had one, but I know they are a lot of work.

Rhondalyn, that's great that you felt up to a workout today. I hope you enjoy your birthday meal despite not particularly wanting to go.

Nothing exciting happening here today. Just a quiet day at home, which is fine with me after being gone last weekend. I have steaks thawing to BBQ tonight so that will be a nice meal. S&H Legs & Shoulders is on the schedule for me today and I'll be doing that this afternoon. Enjoy the holiday, everyone!

Happy Labor Day. I love the relaxing picture, Rhondalyn. I have no idea how to do those. All of my crappy eating has brought me back up a pound. Maybe once I go back to school tomorrow I will be better. Now that I think about it, probably not. I don't snack much, just eat bad at meals. I can't help it, I really like bad things...cheese, cake, ice cream. I do eat my veggies, I just eat too much. I have been good about exercising. It has been difficult getting up at 4:30 but I keep doing it. I did the first 5 intervals of Imax (my new dvd!) today and just couldn't seem to jump high and I watched her for parts of the blasts. I plan on doing timesaver this week. I have never done it even though I have had it for 2 years. I figure shorter workouts are going to be good this week until I get into the groove of things. Plus, there are lots of SJP sections in it and you all rave about that one.

Nancy, I just started doing premixes recently. I really like some of them. I don't know the order of things to come and it is a nice surprise.

Jacque, enjoy your BBQ and so what if the pool is dirty. Enjoy it anyway. Our pool season is over already.

Rhondaylyn, feel better soon. Take it easy if you need to. You have a wedding soon and you are better off taking time off now and resting so that you will be 100% for the wedding and the weeks leading up to it.

Hope everyone had a good Labor Day. I took my girls to Chili's (ordered black bean burger) and then did some shopping. My youngest starts Kindergarten tomorrow, so there's lots of excitement around here tonight.
Today I did the whole 70+ minute Step, Jump & Pump...I loved it! I also love the Kickbox stuff in the Body Blast...it is all easy to follow and pretty hard!
My eating will be clean, clean this week, I am commiting to it. I am going to order a case of the Muscle Milk Light Ready to Drink in the 14-oz bottles to take for lunch to work. I have been doing the 8oz 100-cal ones for breakfast with whole grain toast and it is great!
Good luck this week!

Tuesday (probably feels like Monday!)

Melissa, sorry about your weight gain. What's not to love about cheese, cake, and ice cream, I ask you?! You're doing great with your workouts, especially with having to get up so amazingly early. That's quite an accomplishment in my book. I have the Timesaver workouts and have done them through twice. They're really good for when you have a week you know you need to try to condense things a bit.

Lacy, I really like black bean burgers, but have never thought to get on at Chili's. I'll have to try that next time -- thanks for the suggestion! How did the first day of kindergarten go? Ahh, the memories. I admire your commitment to clean eating. It's something I would like to do in theory, but haven't made that switch in my brain to put it into practice. I do fairly well, but nothing to brag about. I'm not familiar with Muscle Milk. I'll need to Google it. So are you just drinking breakfast and lunch now? That would be tough. I like chewing! Good luck.

I had a good workout today with Rhythmic Step, one of my all-time favorites (Heather's too, I know). Such fun!

You're right Nancy, it does feel like a Monday. I really like Rhythmic Step too. I wish Cathe would do more pure step workouts like it and Step Blast.

Just wanted to do a quick check-in. My DH is downstairs in the theater room waiting to start a movie. Today's workout was Low Impact Circuit. Eating was so-so. I had Chinese for lunch and leftover steak for dinner. No more eating for the rest of the night. Talk to you tomorrow.:)

Well, I've made it to the 2nd day of school. It rained so hard yesterday morning...what a first day...uugh! So yesterday was my rest day from exercise. I am looking forward to Push Pull this afternoon.
Nancy, I won't be drinking only both breakfast and lunch (although that reminds me of the Slim fast days;)) I do either-or, and if I have it with breakfast I have whole grain toast with it. I am eating several small meals per day (or at least that's the goal). I just love the way that stuff keeps me full. You have to be careful to get the Muscle Milk light, not the regular. They have it at Target and W-mart near the protein powders and stuff. Its ready-to-drink in little cartons.
By the way, I wanted to mention how excited I am the Dr Oz, famous for being on Oprah and writing many books such as You the Owners Manual will have his own show weekday afternoons starting Monday the 14th. Check it out, he's awsome! Does anyone watch Biggest Loser?
Happy Hump Day....I hope I'm ready to weigh in on Friday...YIKES!

Hi everyone,

I was busy with my DM yesterday. Not so busy that I couldn't have gotten a w/o in but I didn't. I got my new KCMs yesterday and was going to do one but couldn't get up the energy. I tried her new step w/o this morning. It's only 30 minutes but I was dragging still. It hasn't been quite a week since I came down with this stuff so I guess it's just going to take a while. Someone told me yesterday that there was something going around lasting 3 weeks. :eek: I certainly hope not. I don't do well sick. LOL

Tonight I have to feed our new member's class at church so I'll be busy all day preparing for that.

Lacy, those were the cutest pics of your little girls. Too sweet. Is your youngest liking Kindergarten? Does muscle milk taste like milk? I know that might be a stupid question but I'm not that fond of milk all by itself. :confused:

Jacque
, it must be nice to have a theater room. LOL I'm not a big movie lover but I still think it would be nice. :D I agree that Cathe needs to make some more pure step w/os. I'm anxious to try the one in her new w/os.

Hi Nancy, I'm another Rhythmic Step lover. Of course, I just like to step. :D

Melissa, I feel your pain. I've been feeding mine!!!!:eek: I can't remember the last time I did SJ & P. I might have to pull that one out. When I have more energy, that is. :p

Hello, ladies!! Sorry I haven't posted for a week! My mom and her husband left yesterday.

This is just a quick "fly by" as I'm typing this on my blackberry. I can't sit at the computer because it hurts to sit! :( Not sure why I'm having so much pain today.

I was able to get my workouts in this past week and this morning. However, I was too scared to step on the scale yesterday!! I know where I get my mindless snacking habit-- my mom!! ;)

Well, I'm off to read everyone's posts! I'll check in tomorrow (hopefully)!

Cathletes Gettin' to Goal Check-in

I’m still pressing on with STS. It looks like I am the only one with an STS ticker. Is everyone waiting for Shock Cardio? My body needs more sleep during this rotation. I am enjoying Meso 1, but I am super tired especially now that the days are getting shorter. I need to start light therapy sooner rather than later.

STS Disc 8 is in the DVD player for tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to my Zumba class after work. I hope to return tomorrow night for personals.

Lacy, I have been watching The Biggest Loser since the first season. I am looking forward to the new season. I like the “second chances” theme. Get the tissues ready. One of the contestants is from Texas, and she lost her husband, daughter, and newborn son in a car accident. I cannot imagine! One of the women weighs 200 pounds MORE than I do, and I am hauling around an extra 144 pounds! Oh my word! I cannot imagine how she will endure all those intense workouts.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Wednesday

Jacque, I hope you enjoyed that movie last night. Chinese food is always hard on the diet, I think. It's so hard to control until you make it yourself. Nice going with LIC. I like that one.

Lacy, how did Push/Pull go? That's another one I like. Actually, there are only a few that I don't like (MIC comes immediately to mind), so I guess I probably shouldn't keep repeating myself! I didn't catch very many of Dr. Oz's appearances on Oprah, but really enjoyed them when I did. What station will his show be on? I watch The Biggest Loser and have from the beginning. Certainly some seasons have been better than others. The season before last was just a train wreck, but I thought this last one was handled much better. I don't like the couples concept, though. Good luck with that WI!

Rhondalyn, don't sell yourself short. It's take a little bit to come back from the creepin' crud, but you'll get there quickly once you're feeling 100%. Step is the best, isn't it? With all of the clamor for it, Cathe's just got to do something like LM2 and/or RS2. It will be interesting to see what the Shock Cardio workouts are like.

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that your back is acting up. Maybe too much extra activity with your family visiting? I hear you on the snacking. I snacked my way to Oklahoma and back. But it only took a week to get that off again, so take heart.

Heather, yes I'm waiting for Shock Cardio before I tackle STS again. I'm going to do ChaLEAN Extreme for October-December and plan to start with STS in January, although the final week of the August rotation I'm doing is made up of Meso 3 workouts. I had heard that this season's The Biggest Loser contestants are the largest they've ever had. It will be interesting to see, as you say, how they handle the workouts. Did you see that Dan (I think his name was) is back from the orange team who got eliminated mainly because his partner was just not into it at all? It should be starting up again soon, right?

Today was a scheduled rest day for me today. I took it easy by doing Sara Ivanhoe's 20-minute Makeover Flat Abs and Cathe's Stretch Max with the band.

Good morning girls!

I did the first w/o from KCM's new wt w/os today. I like this one. I'm sticking with 30 minute w/os this week and hopefully I'll feel better next week. I'm not meaning to whine. I am doing better. I actually felt pretty good during today's w/o and I plan to get a walk in later this afternoon.

Okay, so I gained back 2 lbs but I expected it. I've been eating so much while I've been sick and celebrating my birthday.
2c31594f7d501561ae52543068ca1d1b9e951ea_t.gif
Not to mention the chocolate fiasco.
6803553f4088755252ce1c816f2013c01431dac_t.gif
But I have recommitted and I'm back better than before. ;) Sounds good, huh? Seriously though...I'm not giving up until I'm at a wt where I feel good. I miss shopping for clothes. :(

Okay, so when and at what time does TBL come on?

Nancy, are you still following BTFLC?

It's good to see you back, Lisa. I hope your back feels better today.

Sorry to bail out of STS on you, Heather. I just didn't feel up to it this week and that would have put me 2 weeks behind. I think I'll restart when Shock Cardio arrives. :eek:

I hope everyone is having a good week. The weekend is almost upon us. :D

Good morning ladies!

Rondalynn: I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Don't worry about those 2 extra pounds, I'm sure you'll take them off in no time. I've been gaining and losing the same pound for three weeks now:mad: How do you like KCM 30 min. workouts? I've heard good things about them. I hesitate to buy though because I have several of her other workouts and I never do them. I wish I could hold off shopping for clothes until I lose this extra weight. I shop waaaay too much. Then I get scared that if I do lose the weight then nothing will fit. Maybe I'm secretly sabotaging myself:cool: Sounds like I need therapy:confused:

Nancy: I did enjoy the movie. Thanks! We watched The Prince of Egypt. It's an animated movie about Moses. I love the music. LIC is one of my favorites too. It's funny how much you dislike MIC. What about it do you not like? It's one of those workouts I dread and don't pull it out very often . Sometimes I'll just do the step portion if I'm looking for a shorter workout. I would love to see Cathe do a sequel to RS or LM:D Maybe some day.

Heather: Great job with the workouts.:D Keep up the good work. Sometimes I wished I lived in a bigger city that offered things like Zumba or had a good gym that offered decent classes. I miss that class atmosphere. Sometimes it's no fun working out by yourself.

Lisa: I'm happy to hear your visit went well. How often do you get to see your mom? I'm fortunate to live close to my parents so I see my mom regularly. It's great because she's always willing to watch my kids when my DH and I want to get away for some alone time;). I'm impressed that you kept up with your workouts with company. That'll help burn those extra calories you consumed.:D

Lacy: I'm glad to hear the 2nd day of school went better for you. It'salways hard to get back into the routine. My baby starts kindergarten next year. Does yours go all day of half? Are you enjoying your new workouts?

Melissa: I hope things are calming down for you a little bit. The Timesaver is perfect for when you're short on time. Just the right amount of everything.

Well yesterday's workout was Amy's Kickbox Surge. Today I think I'll tackle HSTA (I haven't done that one in a while). Have a great day everyone.

Thursday

Rhondalyn, it sounds like you're definitely improving. Doing the shorter workouts for awhile is a great way to get your strength and endurance back. Bummer on the two pounds, but at least you know why. Never give up! Yes, I'm still following CTFLC, but as always, I'm having trouble getting all of the meals in each day. I know that sounds weird, but since I'm not really on a regular schedule my eating patterns are -- well -- there really isn't a pattern! I'm working on it, though. Yesterday was a carb up day and I really enjoyed having some lasagna for dinner. I had to step away from the table, though, as I could probably eat the entire pan!

Jacque, as far as MIC I guess I don't like the mix of step and floor work. And I'm just not crazy about floor work in general any more, so that adds to the dread factor. And since it's not one of those that I kind of dread but when I get through I'm glad I did it -- I really dislike it! -- I just decided it was stupid to keep doing it. I'm a rotation-creator businessperson's best friend. Whether it was TheFIRM or Cathe, if I decide to do a rotation I want to have the exact workouts it calls for and I rarely sub. So deciding I'm just not going to do a specific workout is pretty rare!

Today's workout was M3W1 Chest & Back. Since I didn't make it to M3 before this was a good preview for when I do it "for real." I didn't bother with the workout card or anything, just went with what I thought might work. I was mostly okay, although probably lighter than I could have gone. I did decide that when I do it fully I'm going to use our second barbell. It was tough moving the barbell from the squat stands to the floor and back between the chest and back exercises. I ended the workout with some treadmill time, including a hill interval workout I saw on the Yayas board.

Just a quick post...I lost a pound this week, but can't get the ticker to open up here at work, will update when I get home. It sure seems like I am putting a lot of effort for 1 pound every-other -week...but I guess that's better than gaining!
Jacque...you are a shopper, too??? It's bad on this end...very bad!
Have a great weekend everyone!

Happy Friday everyone!! WOO HOO!! I am looking forward to a weekend of NOTHING!! I was hoping to celebrate with some muscle relaxers but it seems my doc is out of town and the doc's won't prescribe them over the phone...can't imagine why... ;) They don't have any more appts. available today. I called yesterday to get scheduled for another cortisone shot, so I'm still waiting. I wish I'd thought of the muscle relaxers yesterday-might have been able to get in today! Though, the pain isn't as bad today. I'm still not back to where I was a week or so ago. I do think I pulled something and that's why I had this setback. My mom startled me in the hallway on Sunday morning. Haven't been the same since. :confused:

It was good to spend time with my mom. Her husband, I could have done without!! He is so loud and annoying. :mad: I think that is part of my setback too--the stress. Oy!!

I didn't workout yesterday or this morning. I'm being so careful because I don't want to make anything worse. I plan on taking a few walks this weekend. I haven't been tracking my food but I don't think my eating has too bad. I knew I was in a lot of pain the other day because I couldn't even bring myself to eat, cook, or anything. That is NOT like me. Usually nothing gets in the way of my food! :eek::eek:

I've interviewed 4 people for the receptionist position. 1 to go. I like them all so far. That makes it harder. I still can't believe the situation that caused the position to be vacant in the first place. I thought there was a lot of flirting and was actually going to caution her about "emotional affairs" (they are both married) but apparently, I was too late. So sad and distressing.

Did someone say "Biggest Loser"?! I LOVE that show and am so excited for Tuesday!! Looks like a good season too. Last season was excellent. The season before, not so much. Some nasty people that time around. I watched the preview and was already bawling (I cry at least once during each episode). The contestant that lost her family---wow. I'm gearing up for some Fall TV next week! In addition to BL, Survivor is starting. That's another show I've seen every single episode of. Now, if only they brought back 'Friends'. :cool:

Rhondalyn: Hope you're feeling better! Shorter workouts are definitely the way to go until you feel 100%. I have to say this again: I love your smileys!! That spaghetti face is hilarious! You are really involved at your church. :cool: Before I moved "up north" to get married, I was really involved in my church too. I miss it. Still haven't found a church home up here.

Jacque: I see my mom once or twice a year. Which sounds horrible when I type it! :eek: Flights are so expensive to Seattle from MN. She's retiring next year and I hope she'll be out here more often. She just has to leave her husband at home!! :eek::eek::p Hope you're week went well. Sounds like you got all your workouts in! :cool:

Nancy: Good job on branching out and trying premixes!! I love premixes! Like you, I don't like MIC either. Now I'd have to modify the floor portion so much that it's not even worth it!! However, RS is one of my very favorites! Did you get anymore rain?? It seems that AZ had a very hot summer!!

Lacy: WOO HOO!! Doing a happy dance for you! 1 pound!! So what does Muscle Milk Light taste like? Milk? Nestle Quick? ;) I've heard of Dr. Oz but don't watch Oprah so I haven't seen him. I'm curious as to what his show will be though. I might have to set my TiVo! :) How'd the first week of school go for your little one? My nephew just completed his first week of K as well. He liked everything but the lunches. He's a really picky eater...

Melissa: Don't feel too bad about the 1lb. That will come off very quickly! Did you enjoy the Timesaver's this week. It is *so* hard to get up early. I get at 5:00am to workout, and sometimes 4:45. It's worth it though! How's the house hunting going? I love the warm up part of Imax. It's so challenging! Gets my heartrate up really high. I sometimes use that as a warm up for days when I'm just doing weights.

Heather:You are really rockin' that STS!! And of course, your Zumba!! :D I am waiting for STS Cardio!! But not to do with STS-I don't even have STS. I just hope I don't have to modify the new cardio too much.

Linda: Hope you had a good week!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm hoping to take it really easy this weekend. I'm sure there are some movies to catch up on. I was reading the "saddest movie ever" threat on OD. Might have to rent a few that I haven't seen!! ;)

Last edited:
Lacy, way to go on the weight loss! I know it seems like it's slow, but better slow than not at all, right? Keep up the hard work.

Lisa, you sound miserable with your back. I do hope that since it's not quite as bad today that a relaxing weekend will work wonders for you. Aren't families fun? :rolleyes: Another good place for smilies is Smiley Central. It has tons of good ones and lots of situational/seasonal things:

Good luck with narrowing down your selection for receptionist. That's one thing I'm glad I never had to do -- hire and fire. I was always just responsible for me. Nope, no rain here lately. They keep saying it's a possibility, but it doesn't materialize. Supposedly it might happen on Sunday and then they say the monsoon will be pretty well dried up for the year. Bummer.

Today's workout was M3W1 Plyo Legs. I'm already feeling this one, but am glad to say that I made it through pretty darned well, thankyouverymuch. I wasn't sure how I would do with it and now I'm happy to know I can expect to do okay with these workouts when I get to them in the full STS rotation. Now, keep in mind that Cathe and crew were hopping up and down on a step with four risers -- I used two. So modifications were definitely made! I have Power Max on the rotation tomorrow and I've never done that one before. I'm looking forward to it. Anyone here have it?

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.