Cathes new push up challenge

I have two excuses for not joining...this is my rest week from STS and I broke my nose mountainbiking yesterday...ugh!
I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope you aren't in pain and heal quickly.

Buneknek, I sure hope it's okay to pause at the top of a push up. Otherwise my number would drop to 25-30. :)

DirtDiva: so sorry about the proboscus breakage!:( I have to say though, I have never been happy with my nose...and if I broke mine, I would get a nose job so fast it would make your head spin! I hope you aren't too banged up!!

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope you aren't in pain and heal quickly.

I learned one thing NOT to do after having a nose re-set...don't eat a York Peppermint Patty...pure agony!

I'm okay, thanks, though its hard to sleep with this splint on my face. I have a rather high threshold for pain, but this was pushing my limits when I got it reset yesterday. They do it with a steel rod inserted in your nose on the opposite side. Oooh ya...I threw out a few very colorful words. I have 5 days of no impact and no sweating allowed, so not too bad of a lay-up.

Hey, you can do it!

*#@! :mad:

(You rock, by the way. Congrats! Maybe...just maybe...I'll hit 60 in the next few days. It's more likely that I'll end up barfing on the carpet during my attempt. :D )

I would have never thought I could do what I did without this challenge. I'll shoot for 100 very soon - who's with me?

You all are amazing! For me I know my number is 50 and I've never tried beating it.

I have two excuses for not joining...this is my rest week from STS and I broke my nose mountainbiking yesterday...ugh!

well, I hope you were going down some sweet singletrack when it happened! sorry to hear, but you'll be back before you know it.

well, I hope you were going down some sweet singletrack when it happened! sorry to hear, but you'll be back before you know it.

I love your attitude :D and yes it was a very sweet, tight trail, completely off-camber and then a down chute that had no room for hesiation. That's what I mishandled, but I know the mistake and it won't be repeated.

OK, I just did 63...if it wasn't for this challenge I don't think I would've ever attempted to go that high. My arms are like jello and thankfully I do not work my arms again until Monday!!!!

I love your attitude :D and yes it was a very sweet, tight trail, completely off-camber and then a down chute that had no room for hesiation. That's what I mishandled, but I know the mistake and it won't be repeated.
well you know, from one mountain biker to another...
seriously, heal up soon.

DirtDiva....OUCH!!! Hope you are feeling better :)

Okay, you girls getting 50 & 60 push ups inspire me! I did it the other day & got 20 :eek: w/out stopping. I'll try it again tonight & allow myself a 1 or 2 second pause at the top to see if I can improve my #. My 12 yr old DS is on my case to do the hundred push up challenge w/ him so we are starting it in a couple weeks after our beach trip. So, hopefully that will get me on the way to competing w/ y'all :)

OK - hot on your heels....

OK, I just did 63...if it wasn't for this challenge I don't think I would've ever attempted to go that high. My arms are like jello and thankfully I do not work my arms again until Monday!!!!

I see someone did 65 - we have to best that, of course!!!

Last edited:
15!!!!!!!first try was 9 today 15. Can't believe it. A year ago I was only able to do 1. Go ladies go!!!!!!!! It's great seeing such high numbers how fun.

Let's keep this going!

I suggest that we start a Push-ups Challenge check-in to keep this going. I know I've done more that I would have done without the Cathe challenge, and I'd like to keep going. Anyone else interested?

5 more doesn't sound like a lot...but at 63 my arms were on fire. I think it will be a piece of "cake" for the cakebaker!!!! Go for it!!

I did 55 yesterday! My arms were like jello afterwards. Highest number is now 70 who can beat that? Come on girls get down to your hands & toes & start PUSHING!!!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using CatheForum

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.