Cathe: HIIT vs IMAX Question

Actually, that wasn't quite right, although it was a very good guess and I may try it that way too. Since it's my premix, I'll give you the exact sequence:

V2: Warm Up (4:13)
V3: Challenge 1 (6:02)
V1: steady-rest (1:48)
V1: Challenge 1 (6:00)
V3: Challenge 3 (2:56)
V8: Cool Down (4:38)
V7: Stretch (12:00 )

Actually, that wasn't quite right, although it was a very good guess and I may try it that way too. Since it's my premix, I'll give you the exact sequence:

V2: Warm Up (4:13)
V8: Cool Down (4:38)
V7: Stretch (12:00 )

Great, thanks!

I'd be curious to know how you liked it, if anyone actually tries it. It is easier to do on the street, or a track, than on a machine- too many changes.

i know this si a dumb question, but, when do you start counting your 20-30 sec. sprints. when you start or when youcan't breath? i want to try this on my son's treadmill. i am not very fond of running, but don't know how else you would do HIIT
cathy

I read an article on HIIT that said the eliptical shouldn't be used because you can't get the speed or resistence you need for it to be effective. Before I read this, I did my first HIIT workout on an eliptical and let me tell you, I thought it was effective!!!! So I was disappointed to read that since right now I'm limited to what cardio I can do in the gym. I thought I'd try the bike next time. It was also a belly fat burning plan that said you can do HIIT 3 days per week on non-consecutive days. Is that okay?

I think I read that same article, or one like it. Here's my take on it. If you were working really hard during the work phase, which it sounds like you were, then it's HIIT!! I've done mine on an elliptical, and I've been at the point where I'm gasping for breath at the end of my intensity segment. Now if that's not High Intensity, I don't know what it!! So I'd say if you can get your heart rate up and are feeling like you're working intensely, I'd use the elliptical. I still do.

Another HITT question... Is the plyo legs (just the plyo part) Hitt training. Meaning do the plyo segment then skip the weight part and going into the next plyo? Most of the plyo moves I am totally done after doing it for the 30 sec.

Any thoughts?
Heather

i know this si a dumb question, but, when do you start counting your 20-30 sec. sprints. when you start or when youcan't breath? i want to try this on my son's treadmill. i am not very fond of running, but don't know how else you would do HIIT
cathy

When you start. If you can't breathe, you die.

I love reading all the posts on HIIT. I've been so confused and not quite certain about it since figuring out what it is! :confused:

I already am doing C5K, CC intervals, now I need some HIIT, but was afraid I guess to try it without some more info and input from others who have done it.

Morningstar: I will try yours once I have more of the CC workouts! At least I have something to work from! Thanks! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.