Cathe’s New Lift, Move & Restore Series Makes Balance Training Fun!

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
FunctionalLowerBody-LowerBodyBonus-8533.jpg

Cathe’s New Lift, Move & Restore Series Makes Balance Training Fun!

Pictured here are Cathe and Kristin in a squat position with balance discs under each foot. They have their STS Bars in front of them to help assist with balance when needed, but they are also trying to lift their hands off the bar so that their bodies can fight to balance through the full range of motion while they squat down.
Did you know that balance is required for just about every activity that we perform in our daily lives? We can look at gymnasts and acrobats performing feats that highlight their incredible balance, but we sometimes forget that even if we can’t walk a tight rope or tumble on a balance beam, balance is still required even just to bend over and tie our shoes.

The ability for the body to catch itself and rebalance when things get shaky is a skill that we all need, and that we should be training regularly in our fitness routines!
Historically, balance-specific training has often been reserved for physical therapy and the treatment of injuries. We go through the motions and suffer through boring routines that help to build our strength and balance when we’re struggling. But why? Why do we wait until balance becomes an issue before we start training it?
Balance IS a trainable skill and the more we practice, the better we will be! Balance training doesn’t have to be boring, and in my new Lift, Move & Restore Series, we will explore fun and exciting new ways to work balance into our fitness routines.

In my new series, we will use balance discs, foam rollers, yoga blocks, and a mini yoga ball, to test our balance in ways that are not only “NOT BORING”, but that are functional and downright fun! We’ll move our bodies in new ways so that our muscles can work to explore, adjust, and fight to balance our bodies as we perform many different exercises. Rather than singling these pieces of equipment out for therapy exercises, we will embrace them, and give them a new life as everyday exercise tools. Balance is so important for every age, so why not have a blast while also improving skills that we will need to stay strong and independent for the long haul.

Learn more or pre-order here: https://bit.ly/4bO6lHn
*current pre-sale prices end 6-28-24

I hear 'ya. I purchased some new "toys" for this series too - Cathe's yoga balls as they're smaller than my current small balls & one balance disc which I'm not sure if I'll actually need (the floor might be enough for me). I also splurged on the dip bars, which aren't "needed" per se but I have other purposes for them. I think that's key to whether a purchase is "worth it" to me - can I use it for other workouts? I've purchased some Cathe LIVE workouts that use her Boss Bands & Loops so I can feel as though the equipment was worth it & often use them to substitute for exercises that are similar - otherwise they would be too expensive for me to justify their cost for 2 DVDs. I use the small balls in other instructors workouts cuz Cathe seldom uses them in LIVEs; I use yoga blocks every week for various things, not just yoga & stretching; the foam rollers are useful for recovery work, not just Cathe's workouts, etc.

Since you purchased some new equipment, maybe check YouTube for some free workouts that use the "toys" so you can feel better/more justified in the purchases. Don't wait for LM&R to be released.

I was concerned about the new equipment as well. I’m a little relieved that I “only” need to spend about $60, but that would have gone to new downloads in her sale. Hopefully I DO get to use it—honestly the balance discs I think I need. So in the winter, I will decide if it was worth it, walking in the ice and snow conditions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.