Casey Anthony-Your Thoughts

JT

Cathlete
Shocked like the rest of the Nation is on this decision by the Jurors. I knew her attorneys would've appealed if she was found guilty.
Rest in peace, Caylee. GOD loves you.

I was shocked also but then a friend of mine reminded me of the Jon Binet Ramsey case where everyone thought for sure the mother did it and years later (after she died) it was proven that it couldn't have been her.

Hopefully the justice system worked and the real killer will be found. (But I gotta say, I really thought the verdict was going to be guilty)

I was shocked also but then a friend of mine reminded me of the Jon Binet Ramsey case where everyone thought for sure the mother did it and years later (after she died) it was proven that it couldn't have been her.

Hopefully the justice system worked and the real killer will be found. (But I gotta say, I really thought the verdict was going to be guilty)

No one but Casey herself knows what's in her own heart, as far as Patsy Ramsey goes, she & her husband went to great lengths to find out the truth of what happened to their little girl. I am certain that anyone who dies in such a way will never be forgotten, they live in our hearts.

I was very surprised by the verdict, particularly because Casey Anthony was already tried and convicted by the media and in the court of public opinion. I thought that she would be found guilty. I listened to the prosecution's case and I think the jury did the right thing. Other than that the whole Anthony family seems to be quite disfunctional and that Casey Anthony is a liar and a bad mother, they didn't prove anything. Being a liar doesn't make people murderers. The standard to be met in a court of law is still beyond reasonable doubt and that was not met, in my opinion. And that despite of the unlimited resources of the government to prosecute. But I also admit that I have a general distrust of prosecutors and police "investigative" work.

I was speechless and had a feeling of disgust in my stomach!! The thing that gets me is that, she didn't report Caylee missing for months, WTH!! Rest in Peace Cayle

I was shocked also, but following the case, they had no concrete evidence. It's a shame, really. That little girl died and no one seemed to care, especially her own mother. I am disgusted with the whole thing.

I was very surprised by the verdict, particularly because Casey Anthony was already tried and convicted by the media and in the court of public opinion. I thought that she would be found guilty. I listened to the prosecution's case and I think the jury did the right thing. Other than that the whole Anthony family seems to be quite disfunctional and that Casey Anthony is a liar and a bad mother, they didn't prove anything. Being a liar doesn't make people murderers. The standard to be met in a court of law is still beyond reasonable doubt and that was not met, in my opinion. And that despite of the unlimited resources of the government to prosecute. But I also admit that I have a general distrust of prosecutors and police "investigative" work.

Carola~I agree 100%.

Does anyone know whether the cause of death was ever made public?

I was totally stunned by the verdict!! Casey has to live with this the rest of her life... and you are correct, only she and God know what truly happened.

It makes me sick to my stomach that she was allegedly out partying after her darling daughter went missing! I'm sure most sane mothers would be searching endlessly and desperately trying to find the answers.

If Casey had anything to do with this - she will have to answer to her Maker.

God bless your innocent little soul, dearest Caylee.

Pam

Circumstantial cases are hard to prove. I don't think they actually had anything that could 100% link Casey to her daughter's death; that's why the jury could not convict her. Her behavior is what screams GUILTY to me. If she was truly innocent, she would have been screaming for someone to find her child. AND if it was an accident, why not just come forward and admit it. She would not be the first parent to have a child die in an accident of that sort (pool drowning). Top that off with all the lies she has told on so many levels....I'm sorry, it just stinks. I also don't understand why it took a month for her parents to come forward and call the police. If I had pulled a stunt like that with my child, my Mother would beat me until the truth came out, adult or not. She wouldn't let me get away with it.

She has created her own unique prison now, that she will be in for the rest of her life: She will be a social outcast no matter where she goes. I'm just wondering how long it will be until she sells her story for the movie rights, or until she screws up again and ends up in jail anyway. OJ Simpson ended up in jail due to his continued bad behavior. I think it will just be a matter of time.

The cause of death was homicide by undetermined means!

Homicide that was done by her own mother. I hope Casey burns in hell. :mad: I am angry and disgusted over this verdict.

Casey will most likely walk out of that court tomorrow a free woman. She better watch out, because I'd bet there's a person out there crazy enough to do her some harm. And I gotta say, I think she deserves it. She gets to walk free while her beautiful baby girl was thrown in a swamp like trash. Someone needs to throw Casey in a swamp like a piece of garbage. :mad:

I told you guys, I was angry.

RIP Caylee Marie Anthony. You're loved by so many people around the world. ♥

I'm not shocked about the decision because they had no concrete evidence on who killed that little girl.

One thing we have to remember is that she was found guilty in the media and public eye and that is why I think this case should have never been publicized to begin with.

One thing who should consider is if Casey had any form of depression because that could be a reason why she didn't report her daugther missing for some long. It happens all the time, more than we know. This is why I don't think behavior equals criminal all the time, it depends on the situation.

I do think all the antics that took place during this trial were ridiculous though.

I do think they should have questioned the man that found her body more b/c I feel it was too convenient that he was the only one in the area.

Don't get me wrong I think this is a tragic situation all the way around but I'm not shocked about it at all.

Just my opinion

With Jonbenet Ramsey for years both Patsy and John Ramsey were cruzified in the media because they didn't react the way people thought they should and for years they were considered guilty. I am convinced that the murder of her daughter and the constant accusations may have very well played a role in the return of her cancer and her eventual death.

I am not saying that Casey Anthony is innocent, she may have very well killed her daughter. I just don't know and it was not proven in a court BEYOND a reasonable doubt (not all doubt) and as a mother I don't understand why someone would not report their child missing for 30 days. That being said, just because people don't act the way I (or the majority of people) would does not make them automatically killers.

I just don't see the motive, that she killed Caylee because she wanted to party just makes no sense to me, especially since her mother would take Caylee whenever it was needed. To me there were just too many questions that remained unanswered and the prosecutions case made no sense to me.

I am as appalled by the talking heads in the media of the likes of Nancy Grace, Wendy Murphy and others who automatically declare anyone accused of a crime guilty and for personal gain poison the public with inflammatory and untrue statements. That's stirring the pot and when I read that people hope that Casey Anthony will harmed by a vigulante I am shocked!

Last edited:
Homicide that was done by her own mother. I hope Casey burns in hell. :mad: I am angry and disgusted over this verdict.

Casey will most likely walk out of that court tomorrow a free woman. She better watch out, because I'd bet there's a person out there crazy enough to do her some harm. And I gotta say, I think she deserves it. She gets to walk free while her beautiful baby girl was thrown in a swamp like trash. Someone needs to throw Casey in a swamp like a piece of garbage. :mad:

I told you guys, I was angry.

RIP Caylee Marie Anthony. You're loved by so many people around the world. ♥

I couldn't agree more. I have followed this case from day 1. I live in Florida and there has been coverage here for 3 years now. I watched the entire trial and thought there was plenty of evidence to prove her guilty. Do you have to have the murder on video to prove it these days? Do people think she actually drown in her pool?? That is crazy! This is O.J. all over again! She better hope that the judge keeps her in jail a while longer, it is the safest place she can be!

Having been a police officer for the past 26 years, with 5 of those spent investigating crimes involving youth and children, I can personally report that there is no case that will cause a police detective to work harder than one that involves the death of a child. This, despite the SERIOUSLY limited resources that we have to work with these days. During the course of my career, I have also become skilled at recognizing a guilty person (yes, Casey, I am talking about you) when I see one. Unfortunately, the guilty ones are not always held accountable, sometimes due to the efforts of defense attorneys, but also sometimes because you are not always fortunate enough to be handed a great case. We do the best that we can with what evidence we have to work with. And, unlike others, we have to follow rules. Nevertheless, I take great comfort in knowing that those who get away with things here on earth will someday have to answer to the Ultimate Judge. And in that court, a lack of evidence won't matter and a defense attorney's shenanigans won't work...

RIP dear child.

I couldn't agree more. I have followed this case from day 1. I live in Florida and there has been coverage here for 3 years now. I watched the entire trial and thought there was plenty of evidence to prove her guilty. Do you have to have the murder on video to prove it these days? Do people think she actually drown in her pool?? That is crazy! This is O.J. all over again! She better hope that the judge keeps her in jail a while longer, it is the safest place she can be!

I would really hope that a crime is caught on tape b/c I wouldn't want a jury convicting me of a crime that someone"thought" I did without any hard evidence. Or due to he said she said information.

I absolutely agree that you need to have proof of a crime. The news has been reported about several cases in which a person has been jailed for 20, 30 years because there was no DNA or simply going off of someone's word and later that person was found innocent.

update news: Casey is getting hit with some civil court cases to pay for all the investigative work by the police. Plus, she mentioned about changing her name and changing her looks. Also, she would like to "adopt" a child-I say No to that one. As mentioned, there is a possible movie/book deal already in the works. Her lawyer said she is getting death threats and may need to leave Florida.

The issues of Casey Anthony, her clearly dysfunctional family, and whatever evidence the jury was actually presented with aside, I think more than anything else I was hoping to actually SEE Nancy Grace's head explode when the verdict came in.

None of us was in that courtroom and jury box. We saw and heard editorialized perspectives everyday on our local media ports. That is NOT what the jury heard or had an obligation to consider. Since I was not a part of that jury, I don't think I have any place to comment on how they considered what they considered and came to their conclusion. Rules of evidence and law govern what can rightfully be considered.

BUT, I find it repulsive that one condescending, queen-of-editorializing, arrogant, sensationalisitc hack (Ms. Grace) acquires her own TV show and makes it her own life-passion mission to convict this woman. During the last 3 years SHE has singlehandedly taken on the role of judge, jury, and executioner in this matter. Who the he!! is she to be all that? How many of us were exposed to the pure evils of Casey Anthony though the hellfire and brimstone of the wrath of Nancy Grace?

No doubt Casey Anthony has a lot of problems. There are MANY people who have a lot of problems. No doubt this child died in a tragic and horrific way. Many children do. That is not a pleasant reality.

But I really did think Nancy Grace's head was going to explode in the reaction to the verdict. I'm rather sorry it did not.

On GMA this morning, Elizabeth Vargas was questioning Nancy Grace's attitude/motives. With her, she treated the other attorney disrespectfully although his points of view were correct.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.