Can I handle P90x?

I have just gotten back to exercising after foot problems and wondering if P90x is too advanced for me. I do all advanced workouts, but I watch this workout on tv and wonder if it is for those who are already in super shape. I also see that you have to have a pull up bar and there is no place I could put that. I wonder if you could substitute something in place of the bar?

I would appreciate any advice or information that you could share.

kim

Kim,
If you are keeping up with Cathe workouts, then I would say you can likely handle P90X.

The fit test you are supposed to do prior requires that females be able to: do one pullup, leap at least 3 inches vertically, do 3 on-your-toes pushups (or 15 on your knees), hold a wall squat for at least 1 minute, perform at least 10 biceps curls with an 8 lb. weight, do 25 in & outs (abs) and come within 6 inches of touching your toes.

The beauty of the X is that each exerciser works at his/her own pace, doing the # of reps and using the amount of weight that's enough to challenge him/her.

Yes, you can use the bands with a door attachment in place of a pullup bar.

You might want to do a search here as there are tons of threads on the subject and you are bound to come up with a wealth of information and opinions.

HTH,
[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Kim,

I'm sure you could handle it. There are 3 different rotations to choose from plus you will be working out at your own pace. You will choose the weight that is right for YOU and the rep range that is right for YOU and if you don't reach your goal, it's OKAY!!! The X is about IMPROVING not about being the best from the start. If we were all already perfect then no one would bother doing the program. It's a tough program but it's doable.

I say GO FOR IT! Just be prepared.....

TO BRING IT!!!!}( :7 }(

*ahem* I didn't do the fit test either ;)

I say go for it. As others have said, you go at your own pace and use whatever weight you can so in that way it's very easy to adapt to your own level.

Thanks. I've been on the fence about these workouts for awhile. It seems like a good thing to do the first of the year. I just might use my Christmas money.

Hi Kim,
Great post, I have seen the P90x info on TV and wondered the same thing. Cathe is my ultimate favorite and have been using her workouts for several years now however, feel like I am strictly maintaining and I need to shake things up to progress and see more changes. I have tried some other DVDs and seen some small changes but they are still similar to the Cathe workouts I have been doing and the P90x seems like it may do the trick. Can anyone tell me what results you've had in the ab/core area?
Thank you!

Hey guys,

You have totally convinced me to get these workouts! My B-day is coming up and I already planned on getting cathe's new series and now i will definitely get P90x also! The cost is alittle up there but I think I can convince the hubby!

Thanks ladies,

kim

Hey,it was good hearing from you girls again. Yeah I haven't been around lately.

Hey Kim - you're gonna love it! Also, do a search for coupons or discount codes for P90X before you order. There are some codes for 10-20% off your order......I've used some in the past but can't remember what they are. I don't think the old SERTROM2 code works anymore but I guess it's worth a shot. I'm sure a search will get you what you need.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.