Calorie Counting Site

nspire

Cathlete
Can anyone recommend a good calorie counting site. I tried fitness pal but am not that impressed.

I really like fitday.com, been using it for 10 years. It takes a little time to put in foods that they don't have in the database, but worth it. I like that it gives you the breakdown of macronutrients and fiber count as well. I also track my weight on this site. The free service is great, no need to buy the software they advertise.

If you just want to know the calories in food, I like calorieking.com. For counting, I have heard good things about both mentioned above. I have found that both don't work for me just because I find I don't use them. For example, if I am at work, I might not be able to log on. I like having a notebook that I keep in my purse. I can at least write down everything I eat. If I don't get the calories down right away, I at least have the food listed. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Carrie

If you have an iPhone, Lose It! is a free app you can get on iTunes. It's rather decent for calorie counting and it also tracks your weight loss. You can calculate your TDEE for your goals, lose 1/2 or 1 pound a week, maintain or gain and it will give you maximum calorie intake for each day. Works for me!

Tricia

I like the Daily Plate. I'm not sure if the other sites have this or not, but it also tracks your water intake, which I love!

Another vote for Daily Plate!! Big database of foods, you can track your water, set your calorie/weight goals, track your exercise, etc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.