Caesars

Marlene123

Cathlete
I finally caved in and purchased both Powerstrike tapes, particularly because Donna was so enthused with them. Uh, thanks Donna. I really needed to find a new torture.

I did the first tape last week and one of the instructors has some kind of cute foreign accent.

When she said, "Now we will do Caesars," I had stop in my tracks, never having done a Caesar before. I laughed (as much as one could laugh while gasping for air) when I realized she was saying "scissors."

I will have to practice on this because I keep getting confused but will slog on. I think it was a good workout of the sweat inducing kind and it will have a place in my cardio days. But I still like Cathe's kickbox better.

Marlene

Marlene, I laughed reading your post because I was confused when she said "Caesars" too! I didn't actually realize she meant "scissors" until her partner Patricia said it. Then I had to stop for a few minutes I was laughing so hard at myself :)

Sandi

This one had me going....I was wondering why we were discussing salads in the video forum! ;-)

I have heard alot about these videos.What are they all about? Are they has good as Cathe? Are they weight work or cardio and where do you buy them?
Thanks Lori

This one had me laughing too! Here I thought it was a posting on Caesar's Salad or something!!! LOL

Then I was wondering why we would talk about a salad in the Video Questions area....too funny....

Terri

Marlene you crack me up! :)

It's been a while now, but I can still remember what I thought when I first heard Illaria say "caesars." I remember stopping dead in my tracks and saying aloud, "what the hell are caesars?!" And then cracking up when she did scissors and going, "ooohhhhh, scissors!" :)

I just did Powerstrike 1 this morning, I was tossed between Cardio Kicks and Powerstrike, but since tomorrow is Imax day, I opted for the Powerstrike.
Hope you enjoy them! :)

Donna

p.s. For the poster who asked where you buy them (sorry I can't remember your name) www.powerstrike.com

Miz Donna, how do you think Powerstrikes compare to Taebo?

FYI, Ilaria has an Italian accent. I always think it's cute when she says "A-gain" with a big "ay" sound.

powerstrikes vs. tae bo

Hi Honeybunch,

Intensity wise, I'd rate them equal. Here's how I separate them mentally:

I actually flip flop tae bo (which I LOVE!) as either a high/low or kickbox workout, depending on what my rotation calls for. Since tae bo utilizes kickboxing primarily, but incorporates other "athletic" moves, I feel justified using it as a high/low.

But Powerstrike is 100% kickboxing. Regardless of which video you purchase, you are kicking throughout, and doing a series of jabs, crosses, hooks and uppercuts throughout, so it is "pure" kickboxing.

I love them both! :)

Donna

RE: powerstrikes vs. tae bo

Thanks, this is one of the only reviews I've read on it that I could get straight on what it's like. If there's lots of kicks, that's what I like.

Donna - or anyone else who knows -
How do Powerstrikes compare to Aaron Lankford's Power Kicks? He is pretty much low impact with punching and kicking which I love. I don't like to bounce around all the time and have a lot of choreography. I want to focus on my punches and kicks and give it all I've got.

I really like the drills at the end of Cathe's Cardio Kicks but don't particularly enjoy the first 35 minutes of it. I don't like Tae Bo only because Billy just doesn't do it for me.

I have to admit I haven't read any of the threads on Powerstrikes because the cost including shipping is outrageous ($54 for two videos!!!) but if it is something I will like and use a lot I will consider it. Thanks for any info you can give me.
Tami

Tami,

I have both Powerstrike videos and also Aaron Lankford's PowerKicks as well as Cardio Kicks. Powerstrike is much more intense than PowerKicks and I'd say equally as intense as CardioKicks. From your description, Powerstrike seems like a workout that's right up your alley. It's like Cathe's powerdrill for a straight hour (including warmup)and uses the least amount of space of any tape I own. If you dont want to pay for two videos, just get one. I've done them both and although #2 seems to have a bit more kicking (only a slight difference though), #1 made my entire body sore the next day, legs and arms included. In my opinion, Powerstrike is worth the investment.

Hope this helps,

Stacy

Thanks Stacy - you just sold me on Powerstrikes. Just have to wait until DH gets a bonus now - the only videos I have budgeted to order this year are Cathe's new ones. Unless I can sneak them in somehow...oh, well, Christmas is coming, LOL. Thanks again for the info!
Tami

I love her accent. I always laugh at Ayygain....and when the "Caesars" part comes, I yell "Caesars". Anyway...I love these tapes and both of the instructors. Definitely worth the mony.

Linda

When I read this title, I KNEW you had to be talking about Ilaria's scissors!! I love her accent. I thought it was Spanish!
-joy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.