Butts and Guts on Crack!!!!

When I first read this in the blog, I thought the description was in very poor taste. I'm not offended, but I do think that the wording is very unprofessional. I don't care if comedians, Cathe's crew and ordinary people on the internet joke about it all the time, the fact is that crack destroys the lives of the addicts and the people that love them and a lot of people aren't going to find it funny.

Erica

But, Erica, respectfully, the point that some are trying to make here is that SOMEONE is bound to find ANYTHING offensive. Alcohol destroys lives, too. Does this mean we shouldn't ever make a joke about that? I've heard jokes of this nature in professional settings (not around students) and didn't find them inappropriate. Folks were just trying to add a little levity - not advocate drinking or make light of the serious damage alcohol abuse can do. The fact is, laughter is healthy. And life is serious enough. We all have a variety of hurts and may not find the humor in some jokes, but we cannot make our own personal pain everyone else's by looking for malicious intent where there is none.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

I personally took absolutely no offense whatsoever to the Butts and Guts on crack comment. I found it to be rather hilarious actually! :7

In fact, when I first read that part of the blog I even commented about how funny it was while posting in another thread on the forum. Now I have to wonder if I was "attacked" for doing so. I guess I will have to go look for that thread now...x(

Cathy - I wasn't offended and didn't think there was any malicious intent, I only thought the comment was in poor taste and was inappropriate for the blog. Normally, I wouldn't have even posted about it, but I wanted to support the few people who felt that way also and were told to "get a life" and let them know that there are other people out there who had similar feelings about the comment. Thanks for your respectful reply! :)

Erica

I hardly ever reply to threads; but, I have to say I totally support Cathe and Heather. I think it is an absolute shame that they were put in the position for having to explain themselves when all readers know that the JOKE was meant as humor and not meant to hurt anyone. If you don't find the joke funny... don't laugh. :eek: I know it is a novel idea, but really not hard to do. MOVE ALONG! I am so tired of overly sensitive people attempting to dictate to the masses. I think we all need to get over ourselves and must MAN UP up a little! I guess I will be labeled as am sexist now!!!! LOL!!!!:p

Question

I'm wondering how many of us do Cathe workouts with our kids in the room with us. If you do, would you care if this comment was on the DVD and your children heard that your workout was like another workout "on crack"? Would you want your young children using that phrase after hearing it from the DVD?

Erica

OH! it's a lynch mob... who's got the noose?

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

RE: Question

>I'm wondering how many of us do Cathe workouts with our kids
>in the room with us. If you do, would you care if this
>comment was on the DVD and your children heard that your
>workout was like another workout "on crack"? Would you want
>your young children using that phrase after hearing it from
>the DVD?
>
>Erica
>
>
Oh honestly! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD CATHE SAY ANYTHING REMOTELY OFFENSIVE DURING A WORKOUT? The comment was made during REHEARSALS not filming. I thought it was absolutely hilarious and had no problem understanding the meaning of the phrase. I will not hesitate to show anything EVER created by Cathe to my kids. You are looking for a problem that will NEVER exist. In meantime, I hope Cathe and company keep their well developed sense of humor for the blog postings and not let a few posters affect them.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

RE: Question

>Oh honestly! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD CATHE SAY ANYTHING REMOTELY
>OFFENSIVE DURING A WORKOUT? The comment was made during
>REHEARSALS not filming. I thought it was absolutely hilarious
>and had no problem understanding the meaning of the phrase. I
>will not hesitate to show anything EVER created by Cathe to my
>kids. You are looking for a problem that will NEVER exist. In
>meantime, I hope Cathe and company keep their well developed
>sense of humor for the blog postings and not let a few posters
>affect them.
>
>Jonahnah
>Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

By making the argument that Cathe would never say this on video because she has never said anything offensive, you have just stated that the comment was offensive. Your comments are quite conflicting.

Also, my five year old daughter loves to read over my shoulder when I'm on the computer. I never thought that Cathe's blog would be something inappropriate for her to see, but I wouldn't want her to see this term. If SNM thinks there's nothing wrong with the comment since it's funny because it's about a workout and not people, then how do you know that they wouldn't use it on a workout as well? SNM's reply here was that the comment "accurately described the workout in as few words as possible".

Erica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.