Butts and Guts...feedback please

My Favorite....

thing about this workout is the floorwork, as too much standing work wreaks havoc on my knees. The floorwork is innovative and challenging and I especially like your use of the band and ball with floorwork. And I am always appreciative of the premixes you provide allowing us to pick and choose what we want to do.

Cathe,

I love Butts & Guts! Are you thinking perhaps Butts & Guts II?

I am Leary of dead lifts. I always feel a twinge in my lower back that it might possibly do me harm. Long ago it did force me to wait a couple of weeks before I could do them again. I'm scared of that so I use much lighter weight. I think that using lighter weight may be a waste of time though. I can never really figure out if I am doing them correctly. Perhaps while using my abs at all times, sticking my butt out more as I bend forward with the weight and then turning my butt muscles on while standing up? I don't know.

I love that maybe some fresh and new/innovative moves may be coming our way to target those 3 muscle groups in the butt and also the muscles in the tummy.

Janie

Last edited:
Hi Cathe!
I like everything about Butts and Guts! It's tough, challenging and has allot of variety. It keeps me motivated. Thanks! Lisa in Louisiana Geaux Saints!!

Hi,

Just wanted to say I love B&G. I like that it doesn't use the barbell much as I am not fond of getting the barbell onto my back anymore. It is fun, great moves and super music.

Like everyone else, Cathe, I love the DVD - it really works.

Unless I am missing something on the premixes, it would have been nice to have a timesaver premix that incorporated some standing and floor exercises together.

Also, I like the single leg squats you include (ok, I'm not sure "like" is the correct word; however, they are effective :) and would have enjoyed some traditional single leg squats (a squat on a single leg) as well.

By the way, in a perfect world, I would love to see a Cathe kettle bell workout and yoga too!

Thanks, Cathe.

Hi Cathe,
I was just coming back to see if you had given more information as to the sudden interest in feedback for B&G...B&G2 in the future?

I just did this workout yesterday, so it's fresh in my mind. Love the DOMS that it creates, I can feel every stair I climb today. This is one of your most complete DVD's. The premixes are incredible and effective any way you choose them. I would love a companion upper body workout to use the following day. Today I'm at a loss of what workout to do, as I don't want ANY leg work, but need cardio and heavy upper body.

The thing I love about this is the variety of moves, it's layout. The warm up alone is by far my favorite. It's a gym workout without the monotonous gym feel to it. I know I'm gushing, but I love this DVD and would love for you to go back to your previous style of workouts, prior to 4DS.

Crossing my fingers that they'll be filming news in the near future. : )

Fembot, what about the Cardio & Weights premix on BodyMax2? I believe that one circuits the upper body weight work with the step cardio? And what do you mean about Cathe's former style of workouts, prior to 4DS? What's changed about the workouts?

Cheers,
Sandra

b&g2???

hi cathe, love the warm up, firewalkers and the lunge work on and off step. just imagining b&g combined with floor work from l&g= b&g2. love the thought! thank you for asking us. jocq

Fembot, what about the Cardio & Weights premix on BodyMax2? I believe that one circuits the upper body weight work with the step cardio? And what do you mean about Cathe's former style of workouts, prior to 4DS? What's changed about the workouts?

Cheers,
Sandra

Let me start by saying I am one of Cathe's biggest fans, I've spent years and years following her workouts. I do feel there has been a big shift in the formula Cathe uses since 4DS, I know the set changed, but its so much more than that. Prior to 4DS, her workouts were intricate and intense with loads of premixes. I miss the old formatting and difficulty. Rythmic Step is a good example of intricate, complete and fresh. I'm sure someone else could explain it better than I can.

Body Max 2 is another example of what I'm trying to explain, the options are endless and I feel completely worked out when I finish. There isn't any moves that I worry about injuring my back or knees on and there is nothing monotonous going on.

I feel bad for criticizing because I adore Cathe and I'll continue to purchase from her, I just miss the old style. I'd be so excited for another B & G DVD.

Tina

B&G

Hi Cathe,

We do B&G in a regular rotation - I pretty much only do your workouts for legs. Although I typically use your premixes a lot on other DVDs - on this one we do the whole thing through, but substitute the stability core work for the built-in core routine. What I like is the emphasis on endurance with enough serious weight work (I use heavier weights) to maintain strength.

I find the variations on the donkey kicks (pizza press, et al) segment to be too long/tedious - it bothers my carpal tunnel prone wrists by being on my hands and knees for so long - so I just take more frequent breaks.

I like using the stability ball floor exercises - they are still a challenge after all this time. And I much prefer the stability ball core work over the other routine. I really appreciate the emphasis on core and not just abs-- my back actually feels good after doing this routine.

Thanks for asking!

I just got B&G because I was intrigued...love it. I think it is about as much variety as you can get & targets the spots perfectly. I am not crazy about using a barbell on my shoulders, but I will do it in this workout because it fits so well.

this is layering at its best. i did this in lieu of STS Legs for just this week, but I think I will check out the premixes in the future, or at least while I am doing STS.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.