Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

You're welcome Jodi! I have now created 19 workouts using workout blender. I am tapped out. I cannot think of anymore to create. At least not at this point. I still haven't done a single one yet! Ha! But they look so awesome! I am still tweaking them and I have to create workout cards for them. But right now I am doing MetaShred Extreme. I did the first workout this morning and OMG. I cannot gush enough. I love BJ Gaddour's MetaShred but it's not "functional" for regular use--for me at least. It's a great program but I have set ways of wanting to workout that I have a hard time deviating from. Well, MetaShred Extreme is the answer. Split sets with cardio bursts--both lower and upper body! I did the first lower body workout this morning and it was AMAZING.

Jen, can't wait to read your review for that one!

I'm in my last week of my S&S rotation. I do love these workouts, but I'm chomping at the bit to try more Live stuff. Live was definitely a worthwhile investment!

Jodi--your husband knows you so well! (o: My husband got me MetaShred Extreme for my birthday! They know what makes us happy.

The review should be going up 2/17/17--or at least that's the plan. I do have to say, I'm 1/3 of the way through one 2 week cycle and LOVE these workouts. After this morning's workout my legs are still protesting--specifically the place where hamstrings meet glutes. My commute to work was very uncomfortable and I have to keep standing up and stretching my hamstrings/glutes (I am at work right now).

I know I haven't posted in forever--but I am still here. I still stop by and see how everyone is doing. I am posting because I just signed up for something that has blown me away. I finally gave On Demand/Workout Blender a try. OMG. I am now obsessed with creating my own workouts.

Hello Jen, it is good to hear from you. I knew you were going to look into the blender and customize, create your own
premixes. Have you played adding the rest time/second to your own will?

Shame I can't join you in this fun. My shoulder is not cooperating fully. Still rehabbing right now.

Anyway, I had to share. It is fun but time consuming.

Yes, It can escalate to an addiction lol:D:D. The pro is you can design your own weight segment according to what
you are looking to achieve and/or work on.

Here is this week rotation:

Monday: Roko#1 Triceps melt (ICE)
Tuesday: PHA training Lower body prx, Back Melt
Wednesday: 101 Michael skogg Kettlebell
Thursday: 4ds kicboxing, Abs#1 RwH x2
Friday:Chiselled Lower body, Shoulders melt and Total giant --- Shoulders segment.
Saturday:Bootcamps + Biceps melt.

I am working on one body part per week plus cardios. 3 weeks left before I move to another rotation.
I did the same rotation last week. It feels great to be able to lift after such long break/hiatus:mad::mad:
It was such a Grrr moment. Can't wait to do my favourite stuff while reconditioning.

To Jodi: Hope you have all 4 cathe's cycling dvds. You will love your new toy/bike 4 sure!;):)
@sisu How are you. You haven't fallen off the wagon, Have you;)
:), Lol Hope to hear from you.:):)

I love BJ Gaddour's MetaShred but it's not "functional" for regular use--for me at least. It's a great program but I have set ways of wanting to workout that I have a hard time deviating from. Well, MetaShred Extreme is the answer. Split sets with cardio bursts--both lower and upper body! I did the first lower body workout this morning and it was AMAZING.

I can relate to what you meant here above with regards to deviation:p:p
I am looking forward to your usual honest, unbiaised review on Metashred xtreme. Would you mind comparing to cathe's intensity and content;);) Especially for upper split segments --- I need to venture more upper stuffs:);)

As to the blender, I will get into designing my own weight segment sometime later on this year.:)

Lol Tom, you are really showing push up, who is the boss;):):D
Tough work, well done. Hope you recovered fine after all that burn:)
Nathalie, I stepped off the edge and decided to do these at work between patients for a week.Some days I had more time and did more, one day doing 600, and if I do 200 today it will make 2000 since last Friday....yep, I am certifiably NUTS, but has been an interesting week!

Hello Jen, it is good to hear from you. I knew you were going to look into the blender and customize, create your own
premixes. Have you played adding the rest time/second to your own will?

Shame I can't join you in this fun. My shoulder is not cooperating fully. Still rehabbing right now.

Yes, It can escalate to an addiction lol:D:D. The pro is you can design your own weight segment according to what
you are looking to achieve and/or work on.

I have now created 22 blender mixes. And yes, I have added my own little rests for various reasons--equipment changes or because I put a tabata in somewhere. I have not done any of my blender workouts yet but that is because I am currently doing MetaShred Extreme. However, once I finish MetaShred I have already lined up the order in which I am going to do my blender workouts. I'm pretty excited about them. I created my own triset legs workout using my favorite exercises from STS Meso 2; I start it with Great Glutes warm up and compound legs. It should be intense! I also created a bunch of upper body workouts. For one I used S&S Ramped Up Upper Body and put Tabatacise tabatas between each muscle group. The others, I used my favorite exercises from series upper splits workouts and combined them into one hour long workout that works the upper body. I did that w/ RwH, Gym Style and STS. What I really like about it is I was able to structure it the way I prefer. For instance--lots of back and shoulder work, but not as much chest, biceps and tricep work. I feel like large muscle groups should get the most work plus, when you are working those large muscle groups, the smaller muscle groups (biceps and triceps) are always assisting as ancillary muscles so if you give them as much isolated focus in a workout as you are giving the larger muscle groups they are getting disproportionately more work. And I work the chest a little less because chest is my least favorite muscle group to work. It does get work tho! Just not as much as Cathe usually gives it. Anyway, this is my philosophy and why I am loving creating my own upper body workouts in blender. I also created tons of cardio + strength lower body workouts. What I always want (and never get) in a lower body cardio + strength workout is kickboxing for the cardio. Well--now I have it with my blender workouts!

Anyway, I think I am tapped out on blender ideas. Next month I plan to try them all and if they are as perfect as I anticipate them being I can see doing nothing but blender, Cathe Live and MetaShred Extreme workouts for a while!

Last edited:
How long has this been going on? It seems like your shoulder has been out for a while. That is worrisome. Is the rehabbing helping? Is it on the mend yet?

I got injured end of June 2016. I started physio october - December. I have gained about 70-80% ROM.
It has gone a lot better so yes it is on the mend.

That being said I need to be careful. I do not want to overwork shoulder by overlooking shoulder assistance when I add
certain circuit and cardio drills. All those circuit, metabolic using bodyweight on top of pure strength --- Moderate to heavy
feel like too much demand! At least that is the plan for next six months till I regain 100% full ROM.:)

I feel like large muscle groups should get the most work plus, when you are working those large muscle groups, the smaller muscle groups (biceps and triceps) are always assisting as ancillary muscles so if you give them as much isolated focus in a workout as you are giving the larger muscle groups they are getting disproportionately more work.

As always you are giving me stuff to think about. I have always felt most of the assistance on my shoulder.
I need to work on balancing the strength.:)

Nathalie, I only have 2 of Cathe's 4 cycle DVDs, but I do have Live so I can use those cycle workouts until I snap up the two DVDs I'm missing. I can't wait to give it a try!

Jen, will you be doing blog posts for the blender workouts you try?

Tom, all those push ups...oy vey! LOL!

Well, today I did Cathe Live Cycle 1....I loved it!!! Oh my gosh, my legs feel like jello, and I was quite conservative with the resistance.

Nathalie, you are right, I can see how this would be addictive.

Jen, I start your Cathe Live rotation tomorrow and I just hope I can move my legs!

Today for me was a bit of everything. 3 sets chinnups, 8 sets deadlifts, 3 sets military press, 3 sets squats, 3 sets kettlebell swings, 3 sets barbell calf raises and 3 sets of bench press. I did finish the week-long pushups challenge and it felt good! It was a bunch but really when doing them through out the day it wasn't that bad. I ended up with 2000 over really 6 working days and I think I can see a difference in the mirror ( maybe I'm deranged from all those pushups lol). Sounds like everyone is hitting it, have a good weekend all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.