Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

This morning was RwH Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + bonus abs 2. Man, that workout never gets any easier--especially when you haven't done it in a while! I know I will be aching tomorrow.

I'm not sure what I think of a 6 day split. I'm not against it, however I like to hit each muscle group approx 2 times a week and a 6 day split would obviously negate that. I really love Cathe's Crosstrain Express but I rarely come back to it because I don't care for the one muscle group a day concept. Even tho they are great workouts. I've also wanted to try the Xtrain rotation that uses the premixes that work one muscle group a day, but again, I have this hesitancy because I want to hit each muscle group more than just once a week. Even when I do splits I also do a total body or an upper body and lower body workout in combination with the splits. For example this week I am doing both of the RwH/RIHI upper body split workouts plus, on Saturday, I will do RwH Upper Body Circuit. And I am also doing both of the RwH lower body workouts this week--so each muscle group gets hit twice. Is there a benefit for only hitting each muscle group once a week?

And I am interested in a new beachbody strength program along the lines of Body Beast. I'm sure if they combine Sagi and Autumn into one program it is as much a marketing ploy as anything else. Body Beast is a great hypertrophy program so it makes sense they would use Sagi for the build phase. Sagi or Tony Horton. I have never done any of Autumn's workouts so I am not familiar with her. ChaLean Extreme is a great program--maybe they'll use Chalene Johnson for shredding? Or did the survey already choose the trainers?

Last edited:
Well, here it is--ready for pre-order: ICE Series. And it is all intermediate. :( I don't know what to do now. I will probably order it anyway.

We have been through few presale now Jen.
This means as we get details, more information we collect on how to incorporate the series into our routine.

I think I will get both dvds and downloads. This time I will get busy on the blender.
Depending on the rep range, I will blend a 6 days split. I hope the rep range won't be high, at least for adds on
listed on advanced list.:):)

I prefer a 6 days split for a 8-10 reps range to recruit more muscle and gain more definition:p:p. Hypertrophy
make me gain more definition compared to high rep. So for me CTX is not a reach for series. I am for 2x per week
muscle hit Jen. I am hopping that the 5 melthdown moves will pure building ones.I want try out a six day split for
at least two to three month and see what I could possibly gain from it. I want to do it in a brutal heavy and of
course safely way. Who knows what I could gain from it:eek::eek:

I just saw the e-mail too! I think I can't resist. She does mention the Blizzard Blasts which are for more advanced exercisers. And it's hard to resist the upper body and lower body split workouts, plus a total body one plus single body parts options. Any of the weight workouts can be made advanced by using heavier weights. Just the intermediate cardio stuff worries me a liitle bit.

I pre-ordered it, of course. In my mind, I am thinking that Cathe's intermediate will be like a KCM workout--still an awesome workout. And I don't need to push myself to the max every day. And if I get them and think they are too easy? Well, I'm not getting any younger. It is Cathe, after all, so it will sit on my shelf until my current DVD library is too advanced for me. Then I will return to it. I also used the double free shipping offer and the 15% off coupon to get my first Cathelette T-shirt and her total body stretching DVD. I now own every single DVD Cathe has for sale.

I pre-ordered it, of course. In my mind, I am thinking that Cathe's intermediate will be like a KCM workout--still an awesome workout. And I don't need to push myself to the max every day. And if I get them and think they are too easy? Well, I'm not getting any younger. It is Cathe, after all, so it will sit on my shelf until my current DVD library is too advanced for me. Then I will return to it. I also used the double free shipping offer and the 15% off coupon to get my first Cathelette T-shirt and her total body stretching DVD. I now own every single DVD Cathe has for sale.

I think we will all be happy in the end. Jen, I think we will like the total body met. It will contain compound.
This should be,as per description, a third sub to STS Total and Muscle Max. As to not getting any younger, we are all!
At least we can all look at this series, shall this proven to be "easy" for cardios, as an investment for future:D:oops::oops:
May be for our old days;);)

I should use the double free shipping offer and the 15% coupon. I think I will order both DVDs and download.
I am not ready to give up dvds as yet.Will get all shipped at my sister's home. Do not want to pay customs on this
occasion. Fall is not so long.:):)

I just pre-ordered it, too! Jen, my thought was the same as yours...I'm not getting any younger. There may come a time when I want some less intense workouts. I also took advantage of the double free shipping deal. I ordered Yoga Relax and Intensity. I had originally stayed away from Intensity because of the step work but looking at the clip, it doesn't look like a dance routine. I figured even if it turns out to be that, I can still skip it and do everything else on the DVD for a great workout.

Jodi--Intensity is awesome and the step is very uncomplicated, IMHO--and I hate complicated step work. I would compare it to the step work in TTM, X10 and the first Imax. It is very intense. Sounds like you got some great buys!

Nathalie--I am not ready to give up DVDs yet either. I will eventually sign up for the workout blender and use it to death at first, but I think, in the end, I will probably just return to my DVDs most of the time. I really like my DVDs. And of course, I use more trainers than just Cathe. I can't sign up for everyone's digital content and it does seem like a lot of my favorite trainers are going digital. But, of course, they are streaming from different places--so different subscriptions. DVDs are easier.

Jodi: Jen has been spot in her comment about INTENSITY. There is no complicated choreography.
I would add it contains many premixes and they do come in handy. I have used in the past as add ons
to heavy leg segments. Yoga relax is another good one. It is no as relaxed as it is called though:D
At least not for me. It 's one of the workout I promised myself to do more often!

Jen: For streaming, Totalfitness bought a big streaming company therefore most of knowledgeable trainer's
dvds are broadcast online. I think at some point we will all have to subscribe.

I can't sign up for everyone's digital content and it does seem like a lot of my favorite trainers are going digital. But, of course, they are streaming from different places--so different subscriptions.

You do not need to sign up for each trainer streaming.
Totalfitness is offering streaming now. I do not know if you are aware. I think all your favourite: ilaria, michelle DoZois, Patrick
Goudeau,....are being streamed. You might look it up.

When the time comes I will check it out. But until I get the Apple TV for my workout room TV I am not streaming anything--I refuse to do a workout from my laptop when I have a big flatscreen TV in my workout room. And I still don't want to pay multiple subscriptions--especially for trainers whom I already own their DVDs (as in Cathe workout blender PLUS Total Fitness streaming). I literally have 200+ workouts on my shelves--I've lost count. I have almost 300 reviews on my blog and still lots of workouts unreviewed! So at this point, when I get the Apple TV (probably sometime alter this year), I will start by giving Cathe's workout blender a try. If I like it more than I think I will then I may look into Total Fitness's streaming. But still--I have invested a lot of money into my DVD collection. I'm not sure it's worth it to pay monthly fee(s) when I already own so much.

My gosh, I'm beyond excited! Ladies, the Blizzard Blasts premixes should be close to her normally advanced workouts, right? I don't know about you but it's been only this past year that I've had to go looking for more intermediate workouts and they are just not as fun as Cathe. I think this series will make a very nice addition to any Cathe collection. Think ... recovery weeks, coming out of an illness, a DOMS day, something to mix in with RWH, etc. I wish I had these right now! This is Cathe we are talking about! The workouts will be awesome!!!

I'm interested in the 6-day split too! Jen, I always wanted to do the XTrain rotation of single body parts too but never got to it (yet).

This morning I did KBKB Body - Arms.

Jen, I of course read your review of Intensity first which really sealed the deal for me. :) I'm excited to try it. Doing all this barre work has really made me realize how crappy my flexibility is so Yoga Relax has been on my mind for awhile. I've already gotten an e-mail saying the DVDs have shipped...woohoo!

Today I did Ballet Physique's Amped Up. This one was not as long as Signature Sculpt, but oh man, it was just as tough. It includes the dreaded pretzel move...ouch! Plus it didn't help that my thighs were a bit tight from yesterday's workout. I had forgotten how much Tabatacise works your legs!

Hi everyone! I'll be placing my preorder tonight. While I'm not over the moon to hear the word intermediate to describe the new workouts, I know that Cathe never steers me wrong so I'm sure I'll love it! Plus I'm happy to hear that there will be plenty of weight work included in this new series as well as well as plenty of premix options I'm sure!

Regarding the new Beachbody rumors, I agree with Jen--I think the choice to have both male and female instructors is more about marketing than anything else. I follow Sagi on social media and I remember him making various posts last winter referring to himself and Autumn as beauty and the beast so that's why I am thinking it might be Autumn. The fact that the survey also mentions the portion control containers is the other reason I think that she is the female trainer. Chalene would be great too though! I actually prefer Chalene's workouts over Autumn's. Oh well--It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out once the new program is announced.

All in all, I'm just excited to have new workouts to look forward to later this year!

Oh and today was a rest day for me. :)

I was super excited to hear that tomorrow's Cathe live workout is going to be 80's style! I may have to add that workout into this week's schedule.

My gosh, I'm beyond excited! Ladies, the Blizzard Blasts premixes should be close to her normally advanced workouts, right? I don't know about you but it's been only this past year that I've had to go looking for more intermediate workouts and they are just not as fun as Cathe. I think this series will make a very nice addition to any Cathe collection. Think ... recovery weeks, coming out of an illness, a DOMS day, something to mix in with RWH, etc. I wish I had these right now! This is Cathe we are talking about! The workouts will be awesome!!!

I'm interested in the 6-day split too! Jen, I always wanted to do the XTrain rotation of single body parts too but never got to it (yet).

Hi Mary,

Good to hear from you. I too am interested in 6 days split at home. I know I can draft my own paper solid pure weight lifting
and head out to the gym and get an intense/brutal workout. I like the comfort of my own space and hope I can have
something intense and solid enough. I want both gym and home stuff. There is a tiny apprehension about ICE but
I hope as we get more details about Bonus workout my mind will be put at ease:p:p:p Girl can always hope;);)

Most of people who have done 6 days split states it can get more intense than upper/body split.
I want to try it out and see for myself. What I know is I did 3x total per week years ago and now I am trying to get back
into that routine pattern and trust me ladies I am on serious DOMS right now:eek::eek:.I know slowly my body will
re-adapt. Even 2x total within the week was a challenge.

My point is after being on split for a long time, changing the split pattern does confuse muscles and result
should turn up. Well we all know it by now that we should always shake things up and it include changing splits pattern.
Another reason Iwant a six days split is, it is high time I focus on my weak muscle group:p:cool::cool:
Six days split enable that easily. I can revisit twice or three times with 48hour window recovery required.

Today is rest day for me.
My quads are really SORE.especially my left one;)
I Shall repeat the shock.:):)

Regarding the new Beachbody rumors, I agree with Jen--I think the choice to have both male and female instructors is more about marketing than anything else. I follow Sagi on social media and I remember him making various posts last winter referring to himself and Autumn as beauty and the beast so that's why I am thinking it might be Autumn. The fact that the survey also mentions the portion control containers is the other reason I think that she is the female trainer. Chalene would be great too though! I actually prefer Chalene's workouts over Autumn's. Oh well--It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out once the new program is announced.

Hello SarBear,

Lol I knew you were going to pull out your bank card as soon as the announcement came up.:):)
Would you mind sending me Beachbody survey link on facebook. I want to gain as much information before making any future purchase decision.
If it is a lifting program with sagi, I could be in;););) He is a distracting beast that one Lol:):)

Yes as to highlighted above, I agree it is pure marketing strategy. They want to target not just male or female
audience. So they would rather assign both gender to ensure sales figures do not suffer!

Have a good day;)

Last edited:
This morning was RwH Lower Body Circuit + Bonus Abs 1. I am missing my doubles, but RwH Is definitely making me feel as though I am still working myself hard. My chest and shoulders are sore from yesterday's workout and my hips & hammies are stinging from this morning's workout.

And I probably do need to try the 6 day splits. For the next few months I will be working over time 2 weeks out of every month so those weeks would probably be a good time to try some 6 day splits again--Cross Train Express and The Xtrain premix rotation. Then I would get cardio and strength every day.

Jodi--I love Yoga Relax. Compared to other yoga workouts I own, I find both Yoga Relax and Yoga Max less challenging--but no less effective. I feel very stretched out after both of them. Which, for me at least, is the reason I usually go to yoga--to get stretched out. Tho with some of the newer hybrid workouts out there (PiYo, BodyFit 360) you can also get some awesome body weight strength work with your stretching.

I think I will like ICE. The more I think about it, the more I think that I do like to do less intense workouts sometimes--as long as I feel they are also effective. That is one of the reasons I love some of Cathe's more intermediate workouts--Supersets, Push Pull, Low Impact Circuit, Cardio & Weights--there are a few more I think. Granted, I haven't done them in a while (except Push Pull but I did a 70+ minute premix that took it to an advanced level), but I know I loved them when I did them--they were effective yet didn't waste me like many of her other workouts do. And also--KCM is more high intermediate and I always love her workouts. So I think that I will probably enjoy ICE. I do think I need to make more of an effort to not do advanced level workouts every single day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.