Body Beast

Ordered my BB this week. I am planning to do this after the arrival of my second child in April. Yes, I have to wait nearly 4 months before partaking in the goodness, but I am enjoying reading thoughts and feedback. They are helpful. I fear Ripped with Hitt will be too intense after right after Baby arrives.

Les Mills Pump was an easy way for me to easy back into working out after the birth of my first child nearly 16 months ago since it is a pretty stationary program and consist of few simple exercises. I plan to do the same thing as much as possible throughout the first month of my second child's arrival. After that, I would like to tackle BB, Lean Rotation, followed by Ripped with Hitt in the fall.

With all that said, I could not easily find the Tempo DVD. Where did you all order it from? I will look on the Beachbody website again, but did not have luck locating it earlier today.

Thanks again for all of your input. I can't wait. . . for May.

Here is a link you can order Tempo from.

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=bbtempo

Last edited:
Wow I revisited Build Legs today and whoa - butt's on fire!! But maybe because I did a Barre class yesterday at my gym LOL - the perfect storm! I'm trying to build up my glutes so followed it up with Cathe's 100 rep hip thrusts, then a bit of ball roll-ins and I'm so done....May be paralyzed tomorrow!

Wow I revisited Build Legs today and whoa - butt's on fire!! But maybe because I did a Barre class yesterday at my gym LOL - the perfect storm! I'm trying to build up my glutes so followed it up with Cathe's 100 rep hip thrusts, then a bit of ball roll-ins and I'm so done....May be paralyzed tomorrow!

I may have to try this, I think this is just what I need. Minus the paralyzed part, of course.

Jamie, make sure you let us know if you need EMT to help you off the floor.

I've decided to do STS + XTrain + Body Beast + RWH starting tomorrow!
Here's my plan (rotation is too grand a word...)
Monday - HiiT + Abs (Monday is the day I have the least workout-time available)
Tuesday - STS dvd#1 (chest, shoulders bis)
Wednesday - cardio legs (eg Cardio Leg Blast, Circuit LB.... or something similar)
Thursday - STS #2 (back, tris)
Friday - STS #3 (legs)
Saturday - either a complete upper body workout, or a metabolic type one (maybe even kickboxing - basically anything I feel like!)
Sunday - off / yoga

Basically I'll be doing STS with other dvds thrown in.

Thoughts? Am I mad? Does it make sense?????

Justine, I wish I could plan my own rotations like you do. Would you just plug in any body beast or RWH etc workout into the days you've set up or is there something you follow depending on the result you're looking for? Just as an fyi, I tried the back and bis tempo dvd this week from body beast and thought my biceps were literally going to rupture and fall off the bones LOL!! Good grief...But that slow count was mentally challenging and I was losing my focus and would forget what rep I was on so maybe I'm sore because I did 50 reps instead of 15 in error!
Jamie

Jamie - I'm sort of going to play it by ear...plugging in any workout that takes my fancy, but concentrating on strength, rather than cardio. I know that it's strength-endurance which is my weak area, so I'll have to make myself do plenty of high-rep work.
That back and Bis tempo is a killer, for sure! Who'd have though a couple of extra seconds could feel like an eternity! I'm going to have to give it another try pretty soon.

Go for it, Justine. I've been trying to figure out something like this for a month now. My brain is too full, can't think. If you don't mind, I would love to give this "rotation" a go. My thought on a rotation - if it works for you, it's a good rotation.

Hi Justine,
Your plan makes sense to me! I did a similar rotation for my 'month of GS' and loved it. My weeks went as follows:
GS Legs/GS CT/other leg workout/GS BSB/cardio/total body

My only thought for your rotation is that Weds legs, Thurs back+tris, Fri legs might really add up on your lower back. It if were me, I would put my day that included back muscles on Tuesday and my non-back day on Thursday. Maybe it's just me. I'm currently doing Meso 2, and I avoid doing Meso 2 legs and back+bis on consecutive days because the with all deadlifts and other lower back stuff, I just need a day or two in between. But I regularly do Meso 2 legs and chest/shoulders/tris on consecutive days.

Just a thought -- keep us posted!
xo
Roz

Roz - good idea about swapping them round. I hadn't thought about my back (!).
Sara and Karen - I'd love to know how you get on. The more people that follow a plan, the greater the brain-power available to perfect it!!!

I'm starting today, not-too-tough-but-will-do-the-trick: Plyo Hiit 2 (rwh) and later I'll do the abs from Ultimate Yogi. Mondays I spend about 3 hours walking (dogs, dog training etc - not all in one go, though), so that'll do for me today!

I am on week 5 of the Body Beast program. For years, I've done only Cathe workouts including 3 days weight/3 days cardio each week. I've always had difficulty building muscle (or gaining weight at all), so I thought the Body Beast program might work well for that. I'm following this program as designed, which means no cardio. In week 3, I started having difficulty sleeping. Now I have all-out insomnia almost every night. Nothing else has changed. Could this be due to a lack of cardio? Has anyone else experienced this with the Body Beast program?

Hi Pamgatlin, I own Body Beast and have done a few of the workouts. I think they're good workouts but Sagi is no Cathe, lol and there is not nearly enough cardio in it for me. I thought I'd chime in and let you know I get insomnia too if I don't do cardio regularly. I believe our bodies were meant to be active and our sedentary lifestyle these days really doesn't tire our bodies out as much as our brains. So yes for me I usually have to do 4 cardio sessions a week to keep my body happy and sleeping well. Cathe's RWH has really helped me achieve this and I'm building muscle too. It's a great program, I highly recommend it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Pamgatlin, I own Body Beast and have done a few of the workouts. I think they're good workouts but Sagi is no Cathe, lol and there is not nearly enough cardio in it for me. I thought I'd chime in and let you know I get insomnia too if I don't do cardio regularly. I believe our bodies were meant to be active and our sedentary lifestyle these days really doesn't tire our bodies out as much as our brains. So yes for me I usually have to do 4 cardio sessions a week to keep my body happy and sleeping well. Cathe's RWH has really helped me achieve this and I'm building muscle too. It's a great program, I highly recommend it!

Hi did you do RWH as is like the regular rotation? Or did u do a different rotation

like Karen, I did body beast as written, and lifted heavier than I'd ever done, getting great gains. I did the one day cardio, and for me, the leg day was also cardio! I walk a lot, so I get a certain amount of cardio that way. Many in the body building community recommend walking, as it doesn't seem to interfere with muscle gains. Perhaps try that?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.