Barbell weights for the new DVD workout

Nadia

Hi everyone!
I have just downloaded all 4 new workouts however Cathe doesn't say what weights she uses for the barbells. I do not know what weight to add to my barbell when doing the lower body workout and high reps workout. Does anyone knows the weights I should be using? I have noticed that before Cathe would say what weights were on her barbell and she does indicate the weights of the dumbells in her new workouts but not the barbells.
Thank you all!!!

I don't think it matters the amount of weight that Cathe can lift on her barbell when it comes to you working out. What matters is the amount of weight that you can lift on a barbell. Have you ever used a barbell before? If you have used one before then you should use the amount of weight that suites you the best. I used 40 pounds on my barbell when doing the deadlifts in sts total body and the lower body blast because that is what I could lift. You should select an amount of weight for your barbell that you can handle and that challenges you. I hope this helped.

I agree, best to use what weight works for you - but if you want to figure out how much weight Cathe is using, I think her barbell weighs about 5 lbs, and then if she has the largest plate on - each of those are 10 lbs, medium size are 5 lbs and the smallest plates are 2.5 (I am guessing these numbers based on the size of the plates I use and what is pretty much standard).

I believe on the STS today body it's 65 % of your one rep max. I would imagine it would be the same for any endurance work out. Just a thought

Is there going to be a workout card?

Is there going to be a workout card for STS total body like there is for STS? That would be very helpful. Im the same way, I like to know what my weight is going to be prior to trying the workout and making adjustments as I need to. Knowing what Cathe is using is a good way to judge my goals.

I previewed the dvds tonight and I like to know what Cathe is using because its a nice guide. Most the time I can match the weights, other times, need to go lower. On the lower body high reps, I'm thinking she's using 35-40 on her squats/lunges, especially because of the speed. I try to watch how easy/hard it is for her to heft the weights up then I have a clue:cool:

Looked good so far!

I previewed the dvds tonight and I like to know what Cathe is using because its a nice guide.
ITA!
I'd like to know what the weight of the barbell is in the HIgh Rep workouts (I use the weight that works for me, but I have enough experience with weight training, and with Cathe, to know when my weight will be heavier than, lighter than, or the same as what C is using).

Anybody figure this out yet?

I agree

Even though this new workout is STS, I always like to know what Cathe is lifting because I know her endurance compared to mine. I'm usually going anywhere from 5-10 lbs less than her for larger weights and for hand weights usually 2-5 lbs less. I literally use her as a guide, so it's always nice when she says how much she's using. I really missed that in the STS series. I know it's one rep max, but it's still a guide :)

I feel good if I can lift what Cathe is lifting, though I know I will NEVER be able to do 35lbs. for chest flys, I thinkmy arms would break off :) 25lbs is plenty for me!!!!!!

I can't post a link right now because I'm using the app, but in Ask Cathe someone asked this question. Another poster listed the barbell weight and Cathe confirmed it was correct. Check Cathe's posting history. Her reply is from 12/07/10.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.