Bad knees!!! Which videos?

benman

I am trying to find workouts that save my knee from flaring up. It's not from an injury, just a knee on a 44 year old who ran stairs (a lot) for sports training in high school and college, and jumped into a long-jump pit for four years with hardly any sand in it! Now I have a hard time walking up stairs without pain. All that to say that I am trying to get into shape again but am having a hard time finding any of Cathe's cardio videos that don't have a step involved. I have KPC, which I love, and I am very careful when lifting weights, which seems okay. It's just the cardio that I'm looking for. Any suggestions for an old body (except knee surgery, which isn't an option). Thanks, Lynn:D

You could try Cathe's other kickbox wo's as well. Kick Max - 4Ds kickbox - Cardio Kicks. There is jumping in these. Does that seem to bother your knees also?

I can relate to what you're saying about your knees. Although I didn't do the stuff you did I also have a knee that will act up ocassionaly. It's been good for a while now !! (fingers crossed) When mine has been real bad I will do step w/o the step. Makes me feel like a dork but better than nothing. What about a step w/no risers? Does that work for you?

Good luck with your knee!

I would stick with the kickboxing and the conditioning type workouts (like Drill Max). I find that if my knees are feeling okay, I can usually manage Lox Max or Body Max, but that's the most stepping my knees will take. Anything like 4Ds or the other complicated steps routines with lots of pivots and direction changes and generally lots of actual stepping KILLS me, so I stay away from those.

thanks

Tami, thanks for the advice and dvd suggestions. I have tried doing some of the videos w/o the step, which is very helpful, but i still struggle with the twisting, quick motions.....a bit of a dilemma because I love Cathe's videos.... well, actually it's a love/hate relationship. I can't make it through any of them yet! Again.....thanks!:)

I totally misstated the video - sorry. Not, LoMax - that's too twisty. It's Low Impact Circuit - there's one or two series that are a little bit, but I modify them and take all the turning out and that works. That's really the only one I can do without pain. Drill Max rocks, though. And Bootcamp.

Lynn,

I have a back issue that prohibits me from stepping, but I have found that all of Cathe's KickBox DVD's that I own...KPC, KM, 4DS KB...I bought 4DS simply for the Kickbox and the BootCamp..eventually I'll do the weight work..but refuse to touch the step workouts!!

I love Cathe's Boot Camp and Drill Max...although I step is used in DM, I modify and do jumping jacks, jogging in place, speed skaters, jump rope, any time the step is used.

Hope that helps some.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.