Back after a long absence . . . :)

Travisli

Cathlete
Hello!

It's been quite some time since I've been here with any regularity -- but I'm back and intend to stay because I'm in desperate need of the support and encouragement.

It has been a very long year . . . a long and nasty divorce from my husband of 23 years, struggles with my two boys as a result and although I was able to stay focused I've been struggling to stay on my healthy wagon. . .

These days I'm more happy and hopeful than I have been, but again it's a struggle. I'm hoping as we enter spring the sunshine will help fuel my motivation!!

I worked out with Cathe this week, and I haven't done that for a good 6 months. She still kicks my a$$ and I'm happy to be back in her care!!

I hope you are all well and that 2010 is a great year for you!!

Travis

(P.S. My baby Trigger is 11 months old and a little over 140 pounds . . . I'm attaching a picture for you)

Attachments

• TriggerNTravis.jpg
    TriggerNTravis.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 96
Yeah Travis!!!! I am so happy you are back. I missed you!! Holy moly your puppy is gigantor!!!! And I thought my 4 month old 40lb puppy was big. He is beautiful!!

Welcome back and (((hugs))) for all you've been through. Cute (BIG) doggie! Dogs are such great companions. :)

Hi Travis!! I don't believe we have 'met' but welcome back to you!! This is such an incredible forum and there is lots of love here for you! :D

So, will Trigger keep growing?!?!?! Good heavens!! :eek:

Happy and healing hugs your way!!

Pam

Thanks Ladies, it's nice to be back :)

This has always been a very friendly spot on the web ;)

I appreciate all the hugs and love -- and YES, my puppy will get bigger. He's got another 6 to 8 months of growing to do, I expect him to put on up to another 40 pounds. He will most certainly be pushing 200 when he's done.

I knew when I got him he would be large, but it still amazes me. He's the sweetest puppy though and I'm so thankful to have him. He's always happy to see me!

It's just like Steven Tyler coming back to Aerosmith!! :p:p:p

I missed you. {{{Hugs}}}!! Love your doggy pic!!

Hi Travis --
Glad you came back! You're positive outlook is gonna help you out so much. Was not aware of the struggle with your boys, and am sorry to hear about that Travis. Did you transition to raw food yet? What books would you recommend, if you have got any?

I enjoy your positive posts on FB, about your outlook and the sunshine:D. It's a really nice day here today in town, isn't it!?! Gotta wear my sunglasses:cool:.

Hi Travis --
Glad you came back! You're positive outlook is gonna help you out so much. Was not aware of the struggle with your boys, and am sorry to hear about that Travis. Did you transition to raw food yet? What books would you recommend, if you have got any?

I enjoy your positive posts on FB, about your outlook and the sunshine:D. It's a really nice day here today in town, isn't it!?! Gotta wear my sunglasses:cool:.

Linda, it's a beautiful day today!! I've got a sundress and my sandals on! :) Of course I also have a light jacket, but it's sooooo pretty!!

I have not transitioned completely to raw food yet, but I'm working on it. I found this raw food chef, Russell Jame that has some amazing recipies and books -- it's a slow process but I'm enjoying the journey!!

Have fun in San Diego Linda -- I look forward to hearing all about it when you come home!!

Welcome back! I always enjoyed your posts! 2009 was rough for me, too, but getting back to regular exercise has helped tremendously. Someone here has a great quote I love:

It's not that I'll work out when I feel better; it's that I'll feel better when I work out.

Anyway, {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and all you've been through. Your doggie is gorgeous!

anne

Hey Travis!
You look fantastic!
OMG, your dog is huge! We are adding a bullmastiff to our family this summer. Our guy will not be quite as big as your guy, but we're already thinking we are going to need a bigger car!:eek: It's good to see you back.:)

mastiff

What a great dog, they are so sweet too. My dog's entire body is as big as your dog's head, I have a coton de tulear.

Enjoy him

karen

Glad to see you back!!!! What a cute pony, er, puppy:p He's gotten so big. Hugs to you and MWAH! to the pooch!

Nan

Welcome back Travis. :)

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a hard time lately. Hopefully, that's all behind you now. :)

Sorry to hear about your rough year - things like that can make health and fitness hard to focus on. But you look lovely as ever!!! What a puppy!!! What kind of dog is that?!?!

You guys are so great! I'm so happy to be back :)

mrsmel: I love the quote -- I'll have to post that somewhere because I do always feel better when I work out [doing KPC tonight ;)]

fit44: you know whats awful . . . I use to drive an excursion which was big enough for Trigger and my two boys (my oldest is 6'2" 245 lbs) but I couldn't handle the gas bill (more than $400 a month) so I just traded it in for a Ford Fusion which is NOT big enough for Trigger. When we went to the beach a couple weekends ago it was not a fun ride for my youngest son who had to contend with Trigger's butt periodically in his face :confused: but we'll make due.

silbow: Mastiff's are the SWEETEST big giant teddy bears. I love him so. It was one of the best decisions I ever made to get him!!

violinga1: Trigger is an English Mastiff -- thank you for the compliments!

Thank you all for the support, encouragement, hugs and kisses! You're the best!! :) So happy to be back!

Welcome back. It's nice to see you here again. I have enjoyed your posts in the past. LOVE the dog. He looks like a big bundle of fun and companionship.

Annie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.