August Rotation Sunday 08-07

Me2

Cathlete
Hello? Anybody there?

Well, I am a day behind. Most everyone is probably enjoying their rest day. My rest day will be tomorrow, since I started a day late. ;(

This morning was IMax3 and the squat thrust terminator climbs. Enjoying this rotation so much!! Looking forward to next week!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Linda

no rest for me.I did a upper body workout utilizing a super heavy set for 4 reps a heavy set for 8 a med. set for 16 a endurance set for 32 then went 16-8 and 4 again.It really worked me I also added tae bo standing abs(my own vhs mix of various ab moves) and muscle max abs.I might try to get in tomorrows run today if I feel like it.Everybody enjoy your rest or workout.

Hi,
Today was my rest day but it was so beautiful outside that I had to go for a nice long walk! I am feeling great after this first week. Looking forward to week #2!
Good luck to everyone today!
Cath :)

No rest day for me either. I will be doing the bootcamp twice here soon today. Tomorrow I think I will run and tuesday rest. Not for sure yet on the rest day! I need one probably with these workouts But I hate to take one!

Terri

I started the rotation a day late too. Thus today was Imax3. I did 20 minutes of StretchMax afterwards as my muscles are sore today, maybe due to the 750 walking lunges yesterday. I survived week one. Tomorrow is rest day!

Have a great Sunday!

bootcamp twice done! Yipeee. Seriously though do not be afraid of this workout. It wasnt as bad as I had envisioned ans went by quickly, really.

Terri

Good afternoon ladies,

Today, I did all three of the SM segements. While I was doing them, it didn't seem like a "rest" day. But afterwards, I felt good and stretched out and prepared for Week 2.

Have a good day:)

Katrina

I went ahead and ran the 5 miles that is on rotation for tomorrow.After the 4th mile I was dragging-I have never went over 3 miles so this was a big increase.I did it in 65 min which is pretty pathetic considering I do run some.I burned 678 cal so with previous w/out that's over 1000.my high hr was 180 which is 6 beats away from 220-34 of 186 so I worked hard.my legs felt like lead when I finished I shouted when I hit 5 miles.I think I may add this once a week and add to it when I can.I DID IT:7

Hello Linda, today is a rest day for me, I don't have stretch max so I lazed around in bed and stretched out, does that count?:) I am very impressed with those that are working out today, my glutes and quads have DOMS and I don't think I could make them move even if I wanted to! Have a great Sunday everyone and get ready for Boot Camp Tuesday! SueM

Hi Linda!
I'm a day behind too, so I'm SUPPOSED to do the same workout as you. It is overcast and I'm nodding off at the computer. A Sunday nap is calling my name. Part of me wants to take a nap SOOOOOOO bad and the other part of me is thinking about drinking a cup of java and getting that workout done!
Angela:7

Resting today, did Stretchmax 1 & 3 today. Was considering doing the whole workout, but I'm not too crazy about the stability ball stretch.

I'll be substituting the 5-mile run tomorrow - haven't decided yet which tape to do.

Hi everybody:

I missed IMAX earlier this week - due to a very busy schedule, so I did that today instead of rest. WHEW!! I forgot what a good workout that is, I haven't gotten that one out for a while.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow.

~Marcia~

SueM, I would say that would sub very well for StretchMax ;-)

Angela, I am trying to decide if I should take tomorrow as my scheduled rest day, or if I should go ahead and do the run. My last rest day was last Monday. I don't know. I think I need to rest tomorrow.

Alhambra....750 walking lunges!!!! I am sooo sore after 400! Oh my! That is great! I do think, though, that they were easier doing them than it was doing the 200 the other day. My legs felt stronger. Maybe one of these days I will be able to do more???

Linda

Congrats!!
I can imagine how you felt when you were done. Great job!! That extra 2 miles can be a lot to add in. But YOU DID IT!:D :D

Whew, Alhambra, 750 walking lunges...that's killer!!!

SueM, I don't have Stretch Max...so I did Cool It Off...did that feel great. I don't run either, so I'm thinking tomorrow will be another round of Imax2 for me...

Well, I did it and it felt great. I did Imax 3 then the terminator squat thrust climbers right after interval 10 then the CD from Imax 3 then the ME leg press premix w/out weights before the Imax 3 stretch. I added in the leg press premix since I subbed PH for the homemade workout yesterday and didn't do any walking lunges. Adding in the squat thrust climbers and the leg press premix only added about 11 minutes or so to the workout if that. Anyway, I feel great!!! 'Hope everyone has a super week!
Angela:7

Today was my rest day and boy did I ever. I slept until 9:30:eek: and then took a two hour nap this afternoon. I am going to change next week's workout a bit since I will only be around for 4 days so tomorrow will be Bootcamp twice. I think I will omit all the running too.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Good luck on next week's rotation.

KarenL:)

I did Imax 3 and the squat thrusters today. I can't follow a prescribed rest day. I figure I'm going to take 1 a week, but I wait until I have a day I feel over tired or over busy (this was the case this week on Thur.) or just too stessed.

Does anyone else find Imax 3 a lot more dancey than the previous 2? Maybe it is because I've only done it twice, but it seems a lot more complex with more turns, etc. I don't know if this is good or bad. I'd say at this point Imax 2 is the easiest (and that "easiest") is very relative to the 2 other Imaxes) and Imax 1 the hardest. Maybe after I "get" Imax 3 it will seem harder (not that it isn't challenging and hard as it is).

Also, I love the clothes they are wearing in Imax 3, but the colors of pink and white had me craving an ice cream cone!:9

I am so proud of myself today because I actually did my 5 mile run at the gym. To tell the honest truth....I'm not real fond of running....I always seem to feel a bit like a hamster on a wheel (and there was absolutely no way I was running outside in this Texas heat...besides I am way too self-conscious for that..LOL.). I feel like I took a big step by doing something really good for me even though I didn't want to do it. I hope that make some sense. I'm really glad I started this rotation and I'm glad the rest of you guys are in it with me!! :) I really look forward to the daily posts!

Robin

Robin, I can almost feel how proud you are. Running to me is also a love/hate relationship. You should feel proud. I live in Plano so I know all about the heat & having to run indoors on a treadmill & feeling like a hamster on a wheel.

You did good!

Marla

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.