August 2005 Rotation Check In 08/02/05

Got up at 4:45 am, did Imax 1 through the cooldown....went outside and ran 4 miles....came back in and did the 200 walking lunges...and finally the stretch section of Imax. :) Feeling great, and looking forward to doing SJP tomorrow, it's one of my favorites! :7

Kathy G

woo-hoo - I did it! I worked out this morning and won't be able to work out until tomorrow evening, so I'll have a nice long break to recover from these two workouts.

Today was the first time I did walking lunges. I really liked them! After the first 30 or so, my joints loosened up and they were easier to do. Now after 125 or so, my joints were still fine but the muscles were rebelling.

You ran for 4 miles after doing Imax one??????:eek:

You must be in amazing shape. I couldn't even make it up my stairs after finishing this workout!

KarenL

Just saw the rotation last night-we were on vacation until yesterday. I missed out on Body Max, but since this is a 4-week rotation and August has 31 days, I'll add it at the end.

At 5 am I did IMAX 1 and 200 stationary lunges (alternated 25 reps on each side 4 times). I don't have the room to do walking lunges. I never thought about doing it outside. It wouldn't work well anyway as we are on top of a fairly steep hill.

I tweaked the muscle just below my calf and above the achilles tendon on the outside of my left leg. It has been bothering me periodically when I do step, but today really did it in. It usually feels better by the morning. Hope so, since there is so much more step this week!

I started my rotation on Sunday. I do my workouts at 3:45am. This am I did SJP using 8" step. I am teaching aerobics this evening and then plan on doing the KM leg drills after. I have to split most of this rotation due to time. So far I am loving it!:) :) .
I am interested in seeing results from everyone.

Hi Everybody,

Got through another day. Yipee. This was my second time doing Imax. For some reason, I always thought it was more difficult than the other Imaxes. It's tough, but I made it through. After the first 100 lunges I was wondering how I was going to get through another 100, but I forced myself and made it.

Hi everyone,
I hope it is OK if I join in too. I wasn't going to do this rotation because I don't have all of the workouts but yesterday DH told me he's going to be going away for the rest of the month so I thought I'll use what I have and go for it!

So I subbed IMAX 3 for IMAX and paused before the stretch to do the 200 lunges...oh no! I just realized I didn't stretch! Yikes! Hope it isn't too late!

Have a good one everyone!

Cath:)

Day 2 completed :) Didnt do it quite as early as some of you and it turned out not to be as hard as I expected. I'm looking forward to SJ&P tomorrow. I love that workout. I may skip the step portion and KickMax leg add on for a 2 hour bike ride with my dh.

Dawn

Day two done and I'm feeling great. :)

I don't own Imax (yet) so I did Imax2 through the last recovery/cool down, then I did my 200 walking lunges (actually, I lost count so I added a few extra to make sure), then I did the last recovery/cool down again -- I love doing the full arm circles to "Island Breeze!"

It was good. Very doable, and I'm happy. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Marla

Well I did day 1 of the August rotation. I put on "I need a Hero" during the 200 jumping jacks and they just flew by. I was feeling so energetic after the weights on BodyMax that I did 50 push ups (all straight legged). I figure I'll want a nap in about an hour but right now I'm enjoyed that post workout energy...I'll need it as I need to do a lot of grocery shopping with my kids (4 and 5).

Looking forward to Imax tomorrow.

I would just like to say that I bow down and pray to any one of you on this forum who have taken this challenge and are doing the August 05 rotation! Even if you do not succeed in doing everything as Cathe has written it, the fact that you even have the nerve to TRY it makes me respect you all so much more than I already did! Ladies---YOU ROCK! :)

It's very inspiring to hear how well everyone is doing with this tough rotation. Then again, this is only day 2! It was nice to do IMAX one again. I don't do this too often anymore, I find it a bit tedious and repetitive, I much prefer my favorite-IMAX 3. Anyway, it felt good to do it again and made it through with no modifications on 2 risers. The 200 walking lunges weren't at all as bad as I had expected and it gave my legs a great burn. Keep at it everyone!
ShellyC

Wendy-
Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm gonna "go for it" at my own level ... maybe not Cathe's but I'll try my hardest! Cath :)
p.s. Your son is so cute!:)

"You ran for 4 miles after doing Imax one??????"

Yep, Karen....I'm training for a 25k, a half marathon, and a full marathon so my endurace is pretty dang good! ;-)

Kathy G

Wow! I'm really impressed with all of you!
I was really excited when I saw the August rotation it was just I needed to get me exercising again.
So far I've followed the 2 days to the letter. Did Body Max, 200 jumping jacks, and 40 push ups(on my knees) yesterday and today Imax with 200 walking lunges.

Looking forward to SJP tomorrow but worried about fitting everything in, I'll have to get up early;)

I'm really tired from a day of moving into my new school/classroom. So many boxes to unpack. Then we went to my parent's house for dinner
(last minute invite). I just got home and it's almost 8 p.m. so I will rest tonight. I started on Sunday so I won't be behind. I will be doing SJ&P and the leg drills from KM tomorrow along with you guys!!! I may do some yoga/stretching tonight. My new school is so HUGE compared to my old school so I was doing a lot of walking today. See you all tomorrow...and everyone is doing so great!!!

Kathy...you go girl. I have a friend who runs marathons ALL the time. She just doesn't quit. I can't imagine running 4 miles after Imax. I'm trying to talk myself into getting up early tomorrow to workout b/c I know I will be very tired after another day unpacking and moving stuff around in my classroom. Once school starts I need to be on the road by 6:50 at the latest so I would need to get up at 4 to workout in the a.m. to give myself time to wake up, drink some juice...I may try it.
Angela:7

I did Imax + lunges last night. Lunges to me were a piece of cake as I am used to doing them (200 count)with 10lb dumbells. But hey, Cathy never said with weights, right? Imax 1 was not too bad considering I did it on 2 sets of risers instead of my usual 1 set. I am pumped!!! I think this will be an incredible rotation & I am looking forward to completing it. Happy Bootcamp Wishes to ya'll tomorrow ladies!:7 :7 :7

Marla

Day 2 down-imax 1 and 200 walking lunges plus standing tae bo abs (a vhs mix of my own making) and floor abs for a total of 73 min.and 535 calories burned imax itself burned 430.Up tommorrow early to do sjp think I will rewind the upper body sections to get extra upper wt workout.

Well i don't have Imax so i substituted LowMax and did my 200 lunges. I was so exhausted i didn't know if i could manage a worout at all, but i did and i felt so much better afterwards!

Keep up the good work ladies!

-Leslie

I started this rotation on Sunday so today is day 3 for me. I woke up at about 4 AM and first was feeling a tad sore and starting thinking how could I justify blowing off the workout a mere 3 days into it. Well, I couldn't, so I got my sorry butt up, popped Step, Jump & Pump and Kick Max into the ol' dvd player, assembled all my weights and hit play. I must say, this was one of the most enjoyable sessions I've ever had of SJP. I had plenty of energy and was able to easily tack on the leg drills. I will confess to lowering my step, lightening my weights and subbing in some lower impact for the hi/lo but that's mainly for pacing purposes. I'd rather finish it with modifications than hurt myself or burn out too soon.

Right now, I'm actually looking forward to Imax 2 and Core Max in the AM. I'm feeling really confident! I love a good challenge and I love reading all the posts from the naysayers. It ups the "value" of my efforts, know what I mean?

Hi, Kathy G!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.