Are you going to order the beginner/intermediate DVD's??????????????

RE: Are you going to order the beginner/intermediate DV...

>Be careful, everyone! I guess the order site is NOT SECURE.
>Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Maye it already is--I
>haven't checked.

Really? Thanks for the tip. Where did you hear this? I must have missed something.

Editing to add: Nevermind, I just found it on the Ask Cathe forums. Thanks again for the heads up.

Hi guys,

My husband, the computer guru, responded in the "Ask Cathe" thread. He checked the code for the Pre-order page and says everything is secure when you send your info, so I went ahead and placed my order!!! Yeah I hope I win a mug, too!!!!

Becky

I ordered, I could not resist. I definitely have days where something lighter is needed. Now, I do some Firms. I will be glad to be able to do some lighter Cathe's!!!!!
Lori

Lynne:

I'm with you on this one. The workouts are a marketing tool, I hate exercise tied to one single piece of equipment, and I resent being forced to buy a high step just to be "in". I think I'm gonna pass. Plus, I still have all the BB's to work through and in Springtime, I'm going back to running anyway.

Sorry to the cathe completionsists, but there it is! My kids need a trip to London to visit their family more than I need a high step, so I'm saving the $$$$$$.

Clare

I ordered all 3. How can you beat $20 per dvd? I think the "beginner" workouts will be perfect for days when you're tired, coming off a cold, short on time, etc.

I bought the new high step last year and LOVE it. My old FL is out in the shed waiting to be sold at our garage sale this Spring. I think the high step has been a very good investment. I bought extra risers so I can use my Original Step as a weight bench when doing PUB and other workouts. The high step is SO much more stable (and therefore SAFER, for me at least!) than the old Firm fanny lifter too. I can't tell you how many times I had caught the toe of my shoe on that FL and nearly broke my leg tripping. :(

When I first started doing Cathe's workouts in October, I initially fretted at the cost of all the equipment I needed...the Step, the High Step, the Troy Lite barbell. Now that I HAVE this equipment, I don't know how I lived without it! :) I look at the cost of the equipment and Cathe's dvds as an investment in my health and fitness. Makes it easier to justify the expense for me. :)

That said, all of Cathe's workouts can be done with inexpensive dumbells found at most discount stores like Target or Walmart. You can even substitute the high step with a FL or a rubber maid step (several people on these forums have mentioned this).

I'm just thrilled that I'll be getting that mug when the Panthers win tonight!!!:7

As others have said, I want to get the beginner DVDs for when I've been off exercise due to a cold or whatever. I'm just not sure whether I'll be able to modify the high step workouts on a normal step (I'm in the UK and as far as I know can't buy a high step). I'll probably wait until I can view video clips.

I just ordered! I am just thrilled. I'm still working on getting the older Cathe workouts, so ordered the CTX series as part of the bonus free shipping thing. Voted for the Patriots!

Lisa,

I'm glad you started this thread. I couldn't decide whether to order the two beg/inter videos.

I think they will be good for lighter days, recovering from sickness, etc. as others have noted.

However, as some others expressed, I wonder if the marketing aspect of these videos will in any way affect their quality. I doubt it (plus I already own all the equipment needed), so I've decided to preorder all of them and if I don't like the beg/inter, I will loan them out to friends just starting out.

Coincidentally, does anyone know whether the Step Company is an American company or a foreign-based company?

I never asked Cathe for a beginner step workout because I knew it wasn't her niche. I was thrilled when I heard though! I am getting bored of my treadmill cardio, but just wasn't able to learn a step workout. Maybe this beginner step workout will be the one that will finally get me hooked. I love the IDEA of stepping because it can be so low impact and yet it is so easy to get into your target zone. And I love Cathe's music! Not only am I going to preorder, but I will actually await the shipping date with excited anticipation!

Don't know about DVDs 2 & 3 though. I'm not sure I'm interested in circuit workouts. I take my strength training too seriously to just squeeze it in between step intervals....

I ordered all three. Five workouts for $65.00 is great! I am/have always been a high level kind of gal but dealing with my hamstring injury now for two months has showed me that these workouts may come in very handy from time-to-time. Hubby also wants to learn Cathe's step tapes and seeing he has trouble just doing the MIS warm-up on the step, I think these will be great for him. Also Julie is due the 1st. of July so timing will be perfect for her to borrow the beginner/intermediate workouts to get her going again. I actually look forward to seeing what Cathe will do with these. As always, I am sure they will be fun and very creative. I have no vids of Cathes that I haven't been pleased with. And, Cathe will be sending me a free mug with my order! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I ordered all three too. I was debating about the beg/inter ones but my daughter has been interested in joining me, but can't seem to get the steps down. So, I hope she will take advantage of these.
She loves Cathe's KPC.

I think all these workouts will be great. The price is great too.

Have a great day!!! :)

Beverly

I just ordered the Advanced DVD. It's such a great price they are offering I should order all three, but recently receiving the BB series and last week I ordered the Pyramids, I should be set for a while ... right??

Susan C.M.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.