Apple Cider Vinegar

Can u all talk abut what benefits you have gained by doing this? And if in fact it helps with weight loss as I have heard?
Just curious what ur reasons are for doing it and what actual benefits u have seen
[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am doing it to relieve acid reflux....but so far (only 1 day) it hasn't helped. :(
I believe this is due to the fact that cider vinegar has an alkaline pH effect on the body after metabolizing. While it sits in the tummy, it still has an acidic pH, like all other vinegars. I would not rely on it for acute acidic conditions (it may worsen it) or even a long standing condition of acid reflux. I would still stick to your physician's recs of a bland/not acid forming diet (no dairy, coffee etc.) for acid reflux as well having 'coating'/demulcent substances like DGL (licorice) & slippery elm bark before bed.

Can u all talk abut what benefits you have gained by doing this? And if in fact it helps with weight loss as I have heard?
Just curious what ur reasons are for doing it and what actual benefits u have seen
[emoji3]

I've read a lot about a wide range of health benefits from taking apple cider vinegar - especially when it still contains the "mother." Here's a list from one of the articles I saved:

"Health Benefits
Apple cider vinegar contains a host of vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin, and vital minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, chlorine, sulfur, iron, and fluorine. Most of the much-talked about benefits of organic apple cider vinegar can be attributed to the presence of these nutrients.

Given below are a few of the health and cosmetic concerns which can be addressed by the use of organic apple cider vinegar.

► Cold and cough
A combination of apple cider vinegar and honey mixed in warm water is a very well-known folk remedy to deal with common cold, cough, and sore throat. Simply mix 1 tsp. ACV, 1 tsp. honey and 1 tsp of warm water. Adding some mashed ginger to this mixture further enhances its medicinal properties. 1 tsp. of this mixture, thrice a day, helps to provide relief from congestion, cough, and a stuffy nose.

► Indigestion
Indigestion occurs due to a decrease in the acid content of stomach. A glass of warm water with 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, before or during a meal, helps to restore the acid balance and improve digestion. It is also useful to deal with acid reflux and heartburn.

► Blood cholesterol
Research has indicated that apple cider vinegar improves the lipid profile of blood by decreasing the levels of triglycerides and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) or bad cholesterol, as also by increasing the levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) or good cholesterol. This is specially important to manage and/or avoid complications resulting due to diabetes.

► Blood sugar
Several animal and human studies have demonstrated the antiglycemic effects of apple cider vinegar. It improves insulin sensitivity, which is essential to maintain the sugar levels of blood, in people suffering from insulin resistance. However, certain studies have revealed contrasting effects as well, and hence this health benefit remains controversial as of today.

► Weight loss
Apple cider vinegar helps in maintaining a healthy weight, and also aids to achieve weight loss by increasing the satiety levels. This can be achieved by the consumption of 1 tbsp. of cider vinegar mixed in eight ounces of warm water.

► Bone health
The abundance of calcium, potassium, magnesium, and other vital minerals, makes apple cider vinegar a good candidate for maintaining bone health. It serves a preventive measure for osteoporosis, and other degenerative bone diseases.

► Infection
It is known to exhibit antiseptic properties, and is effective against bacterial and fungal infections. Hence it is useful for dealing with ear infection, bladder infection, candidiasis, etc., either by external application or through ingestion. Simply rinsing the ear with diluted apple cider vinegar alleviates ear infection. For bladder infection and candidiasis, drinking a glass of warm water and apple cider vinegar, every night, serves as a useful remedy.

► Cramps
It helps to deal with night cramps and muscle pain owing to its rich mineral content. The same all-purpose tonic - 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water - reduces the frequency and intensity of leg cramps, and the pain associated. "

The list goes on, but I'll end it here so this doesn't get too long. Just sounds like an all-around good dietary addition for so many reasons. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has actually noticed a difference in themselves after taking it regularly... Oh - and my hair dresser recommended diluting some in a squirt bottle to use as an after shower spray to help with hair health!

I posted above, a recipe that I drink. I love the flavor. It's like kombucha. I had to find an alternative to pickle juice. My husband hates it when I drink all the dill pickle juice.

Last edited:
I think its an all around good product to have because of its many benefits. But I am specifically using it for my skin. My understanding is that drinking it can be helpful for acne prone skin. However, I actually have been using topically on a keloid that I have had for years and it actually seems to be shrinking. My husband remarked that it seems to be getting smaller as well. So I have seen changes using it topically for less than a month.

Hi

I've been trying to incorporate this into my diet, by having it in water in the morning. However, I have to be honest its vile lol. I've tried it with a teaspoon honey, cinnamon and vanilla with water, but its still pretty rough. Does anybody else take it? I think I will probably just go back to lemon in hot water.

Any suggestions?
I only use the vinegar, cayenne pepper and fresh lemon juice.

Ingredients:
  • 1 glass of warm or hot water (12-16 oz.) {I use fresh brewed tea, any flavor but my favorite is cinnamon, nettle leaf, ginger, peppermint - nice compliment to the other ingredients}
  • 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoon lemon juice {fresh!!}
  • ½-1 teaspoon ground ginger {fresh!!}
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon {ceyalon}
  • 1 dash cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional) {I don't use a sweetener}
Directions:
  1. Warm the water. {Brew the tea}
  2. Mix all ingredients together.
  3. Best served warm but drink at desired temperature.
This is the recipe I drink every morning. Except I use fresh brewed tea, fresh juice from 1/2 lemon, fresh ginger or fresh ginger juice (in a pinch I use dried ground ginger), and I will often add MCT oil. When I first made it, I thought it was ...gross. However, now I can slurp it up no problem. I think that is because I cut out sugar (even honey and maple syrup and most fruits) and my tastes have changed. Also because the brewed tea makes it much more palatable and some flavors compliment the ACV taste. Play with the ratios of everything - I have increased the lemon and ginger and find that to taste much better. Also, different tea flavors obviously produce different results. For instance, I made it with dandelion tea once and had to dump it because I just couldn't stand the mixed flavors.

As others said - incorporate it into dressings, sauces, baked goods..I sneak it in everywhere! Make sure you use the ACV "with the mother". I even use it topically!

There is no standard recommended dosage of apple cider vinegar, but many experts suggest no more than 2 tablespoons daily to ward off harmful side effects.
For example, these are some of the issues you may want to take care. Apple Cider Vinegar’s side effects on teeth are due to its acid content, which may cause enamel erosion in your teeth if taken for long periods. As it have the potential to damage your throat tissue if consumed in excess quantities.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.