Anyone watching the Biggest Loser?

lorihart

Cathlete
Anyone else following this? I have only seen the last 4 shows b/c I didn't know it was on.Even if I did I probably wouldn't have watched it.
Now that I am into it, I don't think its that bad.They took severely overweight people, one guy being over 400 lbs,and are teaching them how to eat right and exercise.Like every other show, they vote one person off a week,after they vote them off, they show you want that person looks like now.There was only one show, in the last few weeks that they didn't show the person, so I am assuming that either they gained their weight back or stayed the same.Other then that one show ,everyone as lost more weight and they look awesome.
When I watch it, I feel so proud of these people.Losing that much weight is not easy,neither is being away from your family and living with a bunch of strangers.Both groups even have their own trainers and these trainers really push them.
With that said, and if anyone else watches it, I am glad they sent Lisa home last night.She was getting on my nerves.She didn't want anyone to have the upper hand and for some reason she didn't think she should ever be the one to go home b/c she worked so hard.But so did everyone else.Its not fun and games for anyone.I think they should keep maurice their as long as possible (400 lbs guy) b/c I think he needs all the help he can get dropping the weight but I think he will soon be packing his bags.
Anyone else watching this show? Its the only reality show that I have watched this year (besides for the Idol shows)
Lori
:)

I'm really embarrassed to say yes. Have never watched reality shows at all but my kids were watching this one night & I was riveted ... like watching a train wreck! The kids & I call that sweet faced black guy "Mooby" cuz his breasts are bigger than mine - he's a doll! Recently worked w/ someone who had severe food (and as a result health) issues & let me tell you she was ROUGH to be around. I'd hear a plaintive "I'm hungry!" cry over her cubicle at least once an hour & you could not have a conversation w/ her at a restaurant because she was so busy asking neighboring diners what they were eating (rude!). I couldn't help but think that if she simply quit being so totally self-absorbed and food-centered and GOT MOVING & got a life, that weight would fall off.

I watch this show and I really like it, its great to see these people go in and what they look like in the end...... I only miss it when I have to...... Rhonda:7

I watch this whenever I am able to catch it. Last night I fell asleep before I found out who was voted off? Did anyone catch who the voted out? PLEASE tell me it wasn't Mo or Gary!!! (but tell me the truth, I can take it ;-) )

Linda

Thanks Rhonda! I'll bet she was really mad at him, since they had made the pact not to vote a fellow "red team" member off! I wish I could have stayed awake!

It would be so hard to vote any of them off, though, cause they have all worked sooo hard.

Linda

I do have to say that Ryan is a CAD!!!!!!!!!! He is a sly one!!! He has done an awesome job, as they all have, but he can not be trusted at all. I love MO too, I am so glad he didn't go, but I truly felt sorry for Lisa.
Lori

I missed it last night so I'm glad that I checked this out.

My fave part of the show is the end when they all get weighed - I too feel truly happy for them.

Mo seems like such a sweet guy. I was wondering why he isn't losing more weight? He weighs the most so I just assumed that he would be the one to be losing the most weight. (at least in the beginning). I hope he makes it to the end too. He seems like he needs to be there the most (meaning to keep him focused and motivated)

I really liked Dre too. But I wasn't sad to see her go b/c she is such a strong person. I'm sure that she will have no trouble staying focused and maintaining her new lifestyle.

Hi all,

I watch sporadically so I could be way off on my impressions. I like the tools that they have given the participants and the inspiration that has been planted into many other lives. But.... I thought this show could have been so much more. Speaking for myself, I don't always have to see people motivated by money & fame. I think there has been some good outcomes to very real life issues but these people are torn with the game they play.

jordan

I have watched every single episode of this show. It's interesting to see that the Red Team (when they were in teams) were being trained following the eat less methodology whereas the Blue Team was taught to eat several (6 or so) small meals throughout the day. The weigh in results reflect that both methods are effective and work. Personally, I follow the multiple small meals throughout the day.

I'm glad Lisa was voted off personally. My argument is that Ryan would eventually have to vote off a team member either this or the following week. If they voted off the less threatening member, Mo, then odds are that both ladies would be below the yellow line the following week.

I'm really proud of each participant. They really have improved their level of fitness, their health, and, I believe, their self esteem.

Lorrayne

I started watching it about 5 weeks ago or so. I was VERY glad to see Lisa go last night. I actually thought it was ironic that in her "after-she-got-voted-out" speech, she said that she was very positive and not a whiner or a complainer. I was like, "How funny you should say those things AFTER we just heard your terrible remarks after getting voted out! So...you're not THAT positive, and you ARE a whiner and a complainer!"

Im glad I am not the only one who is watching the show.
I was so happy when she got voted off as well.She hated it when someone did better.And for some reason she kept saying she deserved to stay b/c she worked really hard.I am sure she did.....but she wasn't the only one there! Look at poor Moe trying to run 2 miles last night.I thought he was going to have a heart attack.You would think that he would have lost alot more by now.I think Moe needs to stay on the show for alittle longer b/c he doesn't seem strong enough to pass up temptations.The other week when he didn't want to work out...he didn't work out.
I think Lisa could have handled it in a more mature manner.She acted very childish in the end.
Lori:)

I'm always missing episodes d.t. my work schedule, but I watch when I can. I've enjoyed watching it & I never, repeat NEVER watch any other reality tv.
I hope they do it again with some improvements. I agree that Lisa was getting whiney, but I do feel for them all.
Ruth:)

Finally my chance to come clean - I love this show. I also never watch any other reality TV.
I watched a repeat of it on USA very early on and now I have to see it every Tues. You have to give these folks credit and at the beginning they were not really motivated by the money. Now it is coming down to it and it must be so hard to vote after you have worked out side by side and shared a lot with these people.

I love Ryan - he seems like a nice guy who is genuinely shocked by his weight loss success. I can't believe he was able to run with 77 lbs on him. I don't blame him for voting off Lisa. Once in a while he doesn't lose much weight and Lisa could edge up on him in a week or 2. Mo can't get to over 20% that quickly and everyone knows it.
As for Lisa - ever since she flipped out during the stair climbing I have disliked her. The guy she ran with (Matt?) was nothing but nice to her and she was so awful to him after it. She was such a whiner on the stairs and I think her making them get her an ambulance was purely because she wasn't up to finishing the challenge. I know that there are people who have problems with enclosed areas or panic attacks, but it would have shown a lot more character if she would have just apologized to the team for wigging out and basically losing it for them. Instead she attacked Matt. He may have been annoying, but the fact that he didn't throw her down the stairs during the hissy fit makes me think he was a good guy.

When I am working out sometimes I think of those guys and how brave they are to even pose for the before pictures. They are working so hard!

I also love weepy Bob!
Melissa

I never saw that show.I probably would have started disliking Lisa at that point as well.She bugged me on Tues nights show when she didn't finish first in the race.I was hoping she was going to get voted off.
It must have taken alot to stand there with barely any clothes on,and have your pitcure taken in the begin.I think they are all doing great.
Lori:)

Lori - Lisa was really awful on that show and that is when I really started to dislike her. They had to race up 78 flights of stairs. It was about the 3rd week or show and they were all hurting like mad. Mo and Gary could not be medically cleared for the challenge, so that meant that the red team had to draw straws to see who would compete. The other woman (Kelly?) seemed like she was way more up for it than Lisa at the time, but Lisa and Matt were the ones chosen in the draw to complete. The blue team was Dre and I think the guy who got cut kind of in the beginning who had long hair and was kind of cute.
Anyway...if I were going to do 78 stairs I would pace myself and just walk quickly up them and sprint the end. They all ran right off the bat and Lisa was totally winded by the second floor. At that point she was over 200lbs and in no shape to run up stairs. Matt encouraged her the whole way as she whined and at about the 30th floor she snapped and started yelling that she needed air and that she needed to come out of the stairwell. That wasn't enough for the drama queen, she had to get outside. Then she (or the producers) decided that she needed an ambulance. Off she went and they lost. When she was in the ambulance she was hysterical. When she got back to the ranch the next AM, she asked Matt what happened. He said "I just went up to the roof and watched the blue team win." She went off on him and said that he hurt her feelings and that he was being mean to her (which I didn't think he was). Jillian then told her to quit bugging everyone. Then she threw down with Jillian and that was NOT PRETTY. Lisa told Jillian that the docs told her not to work out that day, but that she was doing it for the team. Then Jillian basically told her to shut up and work out and to stop being a martyr. I personally wouldn't want to make Jillian too angry!
After that episode she wasn't as annoying but still continued to whine!
Can't wait for next week - they go home and have to keep up the challenge there.
Melissa

Wow, Melissa you explained it all so well and I feel exactly the same way. Lisa was a whiner and she had guts to try to throw down with Jillian, Jillian looks like she could take anyone on! I love Bob he seems to care so much for his blue team, and it's the perfect trainer for Mo since he has so much patience.
I hope they continue this show but do the format a little better, I find it motivating for some reason, if they can do it and have the guts and patience to endure than I can too with my 20lbs to lose.
Anie

Its interesting you mention that, there is a guy in my department who is just like that. He is a very sweet guy and a hard worker, but one of the guys in my team used to share a cubicle wall with him and said his wife calls him mid morning to discuss what they've eaten for their second breakfasts and what they'll be having for lunch etc. I mean I like food too but he has a printout of the company cafeteria menu by his side every day, has looong conversations with people about food, restaurants, had made good friends with the cafeteria staff (nothing wrong with that). I've never been in the presence of someone who has their life set up to revolve so completely around food!

Oh I'm glad that Lisa is gone as well. What a viscous little whiner that did nothing more than spew verbal vomit when she opened her mouth. That was probably too graphic.

I was really proud of Mo and his run. I thought he would have a heart attack too.

Too graphic for Lisa??? Don't think so....
She looks like a girlfriend of mine - I mean a dead wringer. My girlfriend is also overweight and blames everyone else for it. She is constantly telling everyone how she used to be a size 4. I was too - in the 4th grade!
Anyway, she bakes cookies all the time because her husband likes them, but she eats them and then is angry at him. She and Lisa are twins and I finally quit hanging around with her because she was so obsessed with blaming people for being overweight.

I have gained about 8 lbs since I had a hysterectomy about 2 months ago - this gives me a total of about 15 to lose. Every time I want a cookie or an extra piece of cheese I think about those women on the show. They didn't start out that overweight and they are fighting to lose it. I have not been this heavy in about 4 years (and that was a post kid thing) and BL has made me get myself back on track. I can fool myself that a piece of bacon or a chocolate is my treat but the people on the show have made me really see - it is a reasonable amount of calories and a lot of hard work!

PS - Bob is a little too teary for me, but he is so cute and although I really don't like a lot of body art, his tats are awesome on his hot bod!
Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.