Anyone watch Dr. Oz today?

I didn't see the show but dropping refined sugar really will help even if you still drink some OJ and and eat some fruit. Dropping sugar will also help reduce inflammation. I don't think it's necessarily the low-carb aspect for dropping sugar but more about replacing the empty calories with the nutrient-dense calories. Same with fats and protein; make good choices. What works for one person may not work for another but I know that for me, maintaining a consistent exercise schedule - weights and cardio - and eating fruits, veggies, good fats, and protein has helped me drop weight and keep it off.

I don't care for him either...he promotes a lot of useless junk as "miracle cures". I think he would promote anything if paid enough.

I agree, he always seems to be promoting the fast-fix solutions, fads, which lucky for him, a lot of people want. I like him, just usually not what he's pushing.
Sherry

He actually isn't trying to sell any certain products, those are people using his name to try to sell their products. He does not endorse any particular brand names.

I don't watch the show but this message was just now posted on his Facebook:

"Remember, if you see an ad with my name or likeness, it's a scam. Report them to #OzWatch here: Oz Watch | The Dr. Oz Show Please LIKE and SHARE to spread the word!"

I have a problem with the "no additional exercise" part, which is probably due to the low calorie diet that is promoted.

He actually isn't trying to sell any certain products, those are people using his name to try to sell their products. He does not endorse any particular brand names.
He really does...all the time on his show. Maybe not certain brand names, but raspberry ketones, green coffee extract, etc.

He really does...all the time on his show. Maybe not certain brand names, but raspberry ketones, green coffee extract, etc.

Yes, he does promote certain supplements that he believes works, but he does not make any money off of those, because he does not endorse any particular brands. For example he will say you should take vitamin D everyday, so people go to the store and buy vit.d, he doesn't make any money by suggesting it. But there are tons of scammers out there that are actually using his name to sell their own product, that is the point I am trying to make!

Dr. Oz

Watched a few episodes, then noticed that every day was about losing weight promoting this approach and that approach. Reminds me too much of all of the mags out there, with a "new" solution every issue. I really hoped he would destill some of the conflicting messages out there, but instead he just contributed to the mess.

I don't watch Dr. Oz but have caught about 10 min here and there. I've seen clips where he tries teaching using visuals. Which I think is cheezy but I get this will be helpful to his target audience.

I don't know if he endorcces stuff but I do like some of the messages coming off his programs regarding eating.

I think as someone that has worked in health care for any amount of time we see way to much illness that is preventable. I know when I worked open heart I would say almost all of my patients were even thin smokers or overweight non smoker and those with quad by-pass were both.

the medical field will burn you out fast. We go in wanting to help people but they don't want to change lifestyle. they just want a quick fix med or surgery and most go back to the bad habit.

I seriously saw my share of repeat stint patients.. they wouldn't exercise and eat properly. They sure wouldn't give up their smokes.

I guess shows like The Doctors, Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil are medical folks that are burned out and figure more money, less stress, better hours and no medical malpractice insurance start a tv show ;)

They can say whatever they want as long as there is some type of legal disclaimer in the credits. America eats up stuff from "experts" or Oprah

:p

I want to add a good word for Dr. Oz. I don't watch his program. My friend was going for his third open heart surgery. He has no health insurance. He shopped around looking for a top surgeon and met Dr. Oz who was willing to meet with him and examine him. Dr. Oz agreed to supervise his surgery and help him thru the whole process. The surgery was successful. What more can you say. Dr Oz really helped him out.

I don't care for him either...he promotes a lot of useless junk as "miracle cures". I think he would promote anything if paid enough.
I agree. Every show is about the "latest and greatest" find in weight loss, nutrition, etc. My mother is a sucker. She buys everything he plugs on his show and with no results (weight loss, better skin, etc.) I might add.

I think he's a charlatan. If he is recommending something, that's enough for me to steer clear of it. He just seems like a salesman to me and that turns me off.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.