Anyone having Password Problems Please Read

A

admin2

If you have not been able to receive your password from us please click on the “Contact Us” link you should find at the bottom of every forum page. We have now installed a ticketing system so we can handle the large number of requests coming from users that have not been able to retrieve a password from us.

Even if you have already sent us a request you will need to do so again as we didn’t formerly have a ticketing system in place until today. Please be patient as it will take us several business days to process everyone’s request. Make sure to include your username and email address we had on file for you in our old forums with your response.

Because of the Cathe Road Trip and the weekend most requests will not be done until sometime next week. People who can’t access the forums at all will be given top priority. General questions on how to use a feature on our site should be asked in our support forums. Our ticket system is only for people with login issues and Premium membership problems

Thank You!!!

I received my new password very quickly after I sent in a request through the help desk and I'm up & running. Thank you so much for all your help and hard work.

One question: Will the issue of Comcast rejecting your emails be fixed so that future emails and notifications (ie. shipping of STS) will be received?

JJ

Super fast

Hi,

The help desk worked great for me. I submitted my ticket and had a password within 5 minutes. Great job!

Thanks,
Jamie

I received my new password very quickly after I sent in a request through the help desk and I'm up & running. Thank you so much for all your help and hard work.

One question: Will the issue of Comcast rejecting your emails be fixed so that future emails and notifications (ie. shipping of STS) will be received?

JJ

Unfortunately, there isn't really anything we can fix. ISP's grade all incoming emails. In this case certain ISP's our grading our password emails as spam and are rejecting them. This is very common with lost password scripts and nearly impossible to stop from happening.

Unfortunately, there isn't really anything we can fix. ISP's grade all incoming emails. In this case certain ISP's our grading our password emails as spam and are rejecting them. This is very common with lost password scripts and nearly impossible to stop from happening.

Hi,

I got a confirmation email about my ticket number. Why would my email provider, AOL, stop a password change email from customer support but not for the confirmation ticket email?

Another question. I rated my problem as low since I registered with a new name. I requested both a password change and a username merge. Should I have waited to request an account merge after I received a new password, or should I have just requested an account merge?

Thanks for all your help!

Wendy

I got my new password this morning!!

I'm thrilled that I got to keep my new username and have my post count restored! :D

Thank you so much for your tireless efforts in trying to straighten everything out. I can't imagine how busy you are right now with the new website, the road trips, STS, etc and so on. I really appreciate it!

JJ

Was there an answer to this question that I missed? I'd love to be able to use my Comcast email addy, but last I checked I do not get notified of any updates to threads I subscribed to. Will this be fixed?

Was there an answer to this question that I missed? I'd love to be able to use my Comcast email addy, but last I checked I do not get notified of any updates to threads I subscribed to. Will this be fixed?

This is not something that really can be fixed as it is not a bug. Most ISP's grade emails and Comcast's system is rating our "lost password" emails as spam and is not allowing some people to receive them. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about this.

I have AOL and all of my spam filters are OFF. I still am not getting the password email. :(

Same reason as above. You need to use the ticketing system to request a new password. The problem is not your spam filter, but the spam filter used by your ISP that filters before going to your private spam filter.

Finally

Looks like I made it :)

Those of you with still problems, try the Contact us link on the lower right hand corner of the web page. Customer support was able to respond to me and eventually sent me my new password.

Now that I'm back let's how much catching up I need to do :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.