anyone do tracy anderson's workouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You look great. I know TA works because she really slimmed down my lower body.
Yes there is science but there is also empirical info.....what you see.

Empirical. That's the word! That was the word to end the debate! You are a genius.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you speak so strongly against something you begin insulting those who believe in it.
Yes there is science but there is also empirical info.....what you see.
If you don't like it, disapprove that is fine but please don't slag the method or the people who enjoy it.
Plus I am old enough to see changes in the fitness infustry. First it was yoga is useless. Aerobics is best. Then came weights. Now it is fusion.
Let's just respect everyone's opinions and choices.

The use of two word: insult and slag is exagerrate.
My question was asking for the explanation of the method. I have *not* had any.
Instead we had flaunting pictures as "empirical data". That is fine as far as freedom is concerned.
Thus no one has stated, at least, not me that the method in question would not result in slimming the body
to some degree! Catabolism does slim down it is a fact!That being said it is not everyone cup of tea.
Let's indeed respect each other cup of tea!Thus not feed the troll mentioning bulk/looking fat etc...
which is in fact temporary water retention.

I certainly do not mean to pee on anyone's post, but every time Tracy explain's something during a workout while simultaneously holding her leg up in attitude, I get the sincere impression that she can in fact hold it up there all dam day, I then find myself immediately filled with envy, and I work harder. In addition, nary a week goes by when I don't find myself looking at the screen thinking rep after rep, crap, she's still going...

this thread is turning into vintage Cathe, is it not? #FACT

Thus no one has stated, at least, not me that the method in question would not result in slimming the body
to some degree! Catabolism does slim down it is a fact!That being said it is not everyone cup of tea.
Let's indeed respect each other cup of tea!Thus not feed the troll mentioning bulk/looking fat etc...

I would like to share some science from reputable source with adequate knowledge
of anatomy and exercise physiology#FACT!
  • Source Fitness rx
http://www.fitnessrxwomen.com/training/the-fit-life-with-nicole-wilkins/ask-nicole-february-8th/

• Source Bret contreras post
"
From Sam:

"Today I noticed my glutes are still growing, thanks to Strong Curves, and I felt like finally sharing my whole quest for glutes. I started lifting three years ago because I wanted some curves to my skinny f(l)at body. I was so flat that I sometimes got to hear nasty remarks about it. But something must have changed because just some weeks ago I was told I had a Latina butt. It was a rewarding moment!

I wanted to show my whole progress because I know many women think they can never have a full bottom because of genetics. I definitely didn’t have a genetic advantage and I never thought I’d get this far. I had already started working out in that first pic (2012) so I'm not at my flattest. But my glute growth really exploded last year when I started doing hip thrusts, glute bridges and my personal secret ingredient, one-leg press. I started Strong Curves in January after hitting a plateau and I'm making progress again!"

Attachments

• illus1.png
    illus1.png
    239 KB · Views: 26
Anyone who's anyone who knows the TA Method, and if I've heard it once I've heard it a million times says, Tracy & her crew have the best butts in the business.

Anyone who wants to know how Tracy Anderson's Method works should just try it. I'm pretty convinced that most who doubt but still have an interest in it should just do it. The least expensive way is to do the youtube free videos, my advice though would be to get the 30 Day Method Book and do the entire 30 days, I did her method without the diet and if you want to prove a point, do it with out changing your diet, for 30 days. Read the book. If that does not answer you questions you could easily contact her customer service & I'm positive they would be happy to explain to you what they do, who it is for, etc.

For $15 and a bit of time you can definitively say, this does or does not work for me. Woot!

Disclaimer - when I did the Method the first time, 30 Day & 90 day Metamorphosis I did all the dance cardio on the rebounder, which is totally TA Approved!

Instead we had flaunting pictures as "empirical data". That is fine as far as freedom is concerned.
Wow. Now she reduced me to " flaunting" Damn I'm such a flaunter, I should be ashamed of myself for trying to somehow establish a point when clearly words don't get across.
Anyway, it still doesn't matter because You can science your posts all the way but until you realise that yours is not a scientific attitude in that Science is fuelled by curiosity and an open mind....you are not its champion.

Bret Contreras had a post too that one of his clients had to resort to high volume low weight floor work when she had no access to a gym and the results were quite remarkable as well.

Last edited:
Her type of workouts aren't my thing but she is discussed on other forums because of her ideas regarding womens fitness - women shouldn't lift more than 3 pounds, pointing out peoples flaws about their body and telling them she can make it better stuff like that and off course all the stuff she says about making you skinny. She seems to be against a athletic body like cathe or myself and more for everyone should have a dancer ballet type body - like the paltrow lady. She would tell you not to spin or its bulks you up and she would have a fit at any of Cathe's weight workouts. There is room for all types of exercise but she pretty much slams all else

Hi Cafelattee,

Would you mind sending the link where she is being discussed and/or where she has made her "sensible statement"
Out of curiosity I would like to read it!

Thanks ;-)

Thank you for changing your profile picture cupcake. I never liked the other one for some reason. Anywhowho, I tried TA's mat workout yesterday. Her cuing and rep counts are atrocious. But, my shoulders were burning yesterday. I will try her post pregnancy one today - those were the only two I bought. Oh, I did like the music she used in the mat video, the room was cute, and her smile is nice; when she did smile. All that being said, I won't judge her on one video.

I think what you are forgetting once again...is that we are all different and what you may like or enjoy...might not be the same as everyone else. What we are only pointing out are other exercise alternatives.
You might not like this method and that's fine but to go on an on about Catabolism and science and weights...really? And as a matter of fact a lot of us on this board are familiar with the term Catabolism FYI. Some of us choose it too. Regardless of your opinion. Live with that. Move on.
Some of us wAnt to be slim. I am an ordinary girl. I do not aspire to be muscular. I aspire to be slim and look good in clothes and to maintain a certain look. I do not think that that needs defending. If my personal preference is to be thin then I have as much right to pursue that just as you have the right to pursue your fitness goals. That being said, this discussion has been circling and I am bored with it.
Let's see you try to be difficult when there's no one around to listen to it.

Last edited:
Here's a thing in my mind. I think many of us do naturally gravitate to what fits us, and there can certainly be a component to choosing a trainer by their natural body type. I know I'll never have a ballerina build, and that's fine with me by this point in my life and I don't try to train my body into something it's not. (although I do admit to sometimes being sensitive to those type of comments TA is known for that women should be as tiny as possible).

I would except that many of her fans are ectomorphs.

I like how Cathe has all different kinds of body types in her workouts! To me that is great motivation to see how different people of naturally different builds can develop over time!

okay I am back on this controversial thread hoping to shift the discussion focus onto something positive!

Thinking back on how I discovered Cathe, the body type of the trainer was never the focal element
to decide whether to go for her or any other trainer! My body type is not similar to cathe's BTW. I am taller
and happy I have choosen her.I agree with you mkeefe that cathe do cater for
all body types without pointing fingers on any particular body shape. Our Cathe is versatile, she promote
crosstraining, she is motivational and fierce! To say the least.

Sight Sight, yes just like you mkeefe I would expect TA fans to be ectomorphs. There are many of them on here:);)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.