anyone do tracy anderson's workouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cupcake,
Tonique is a workout by Sylwia Wiesenberg which is very similar to TA from the way you describe hers with the high rep numbers and light weights. I just happen to follow the Tonique check-in once in awhile on videofitnessforum and those girls doing Tonique really amaze me with their endurance and fabulous butt toning results - so I just had to try it out too! Talk about loving curtsy lunges, the Born To Move DVD has about 3hrs of workouts on it and workout #1 is about 75 minutes with tons of those lunges amongst other moves that are very unique. I'm sore in the glutes and saddle bag region every single time. I'm trying to balance out the lower body work by using my Horizontal Conditioning DVD's for now. I still throw in some Cathe cardio because I miss her!
Jamie

Nckfitheart, I don't have any hostility towards lifting. It's rather amusing that you project such ideas onto other people simply because you can't seem to grasp the concept that people have choices and are free to choose regardless of your opinion. If any one is trolling, it would be you. You can go and lift a armoured truck if you so choose. I won't tell you not to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

Feel free to workout what you think works for you. Your post caught my attention because it projected a contradictionIMO.
Indeed you have stated gaining some result from Slow and Heavy. You have stated HEAVY lift does not result in the
look you want. It has not worked 4YOU.At the same time you stated high reps/which are light weight
as per training principle did not work for Glutes. At the same time spinning you have done in the past, which could have been medium to
heavy resistance did not give you "The look" you were looking for.To sum up your post came accross as a contradictory
complain!

My question with regards to TA method was genuine. it was an open discussion.
Shame you did not answer my question. Feel free to choose what you think works for you.
I do not and will not impose/force my choices to anyone. But you can be sure that i will stick to science.
Also there will be moment on here when I could in future project harshness expressing my opinion.

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
If you read the post I wrote S&H worked for my butt. But high rep light weights for lower body did not. They hit my quads and hams more.
I want a butt not massive bulging quads and hams.
But that's a moot point now, as I'm liking how they look now that they have lost that bulk. No one really understands what your questions are anyway. If there actually is one that's not just a token insult.
SCIENCE!

There is no occassion where harshness or hostility or rudeness should be deemed acceptable. We have just tried to ignore or put up with it. But too much is too much. Someone should tell you that an opinion is fine but trying to bash people over the head with it is considered poor upbringing.

Last edited:
No one really understands what your questions are anyway. If there actually is one that's not just a token insult.

Really...funny I do get reply from friendly users here!
My question to you is very simple. you want a "better looking, not flat butt" to use your words.
how do you think you could achieve this result using TA method? Full stop!
Feel free to not answer.

Really...funny I do get reply from friendly users here!
My question to you is very simple. you want a "better looking, not flat butt" to use your words.
how do you think you could achieve this result using TA method? Full stop!
Feel free to not answer.
Well it is looking better and no overdeveloped thigh muscles, but I'm sure that answer would just make you grumble about something else. Logic dictates how I respond to you. How could you possibly expect anything else from your approach? A is A.
And this would be the proper context where I say...I shall no longer feed the TROLL.

SCIENCE!

Last edited:
There is no occassion where harshness or hostility or rudeness should be deemed acceptable. We have just tried to ignore or put up with it. But too much is too much. Someone should tell you that an opinion is fine but trying to bash people over the head with it is considered poor upbringing.

I have not in any way been harsh, hostile to anyone here. nor have I been rude to anyone.
I have expressed my opinion about a vid where there was no forms and pointers.
Also there has been terms used such as toothpicks,...bird legs ect... these terms have *not*been used by myself.
This thread is about discussing TA method, not about emotion felt by fan because the method has been questioned!
There is no need to take it personnally:):). I suppose it is right from your part to state I have the choice
to lift a truck if I want to! to name just one example!

I have not in any way been harsh, hostile to anyone here. nor have I been rude to anyone.
I have expressed my opinion about a vid where there was no forms and pointers.
Also there has been terms used such as toothpicks,...bird legs ect... these terms have *not*been used by myself.
This thread is about discussing TA method, not about emotion felt by fan because the method has been questioned!
There is no need to take it personnally:):). I suppose it right from your part to state I have the choice
to lift a truck if I want to! to name just one example!
Sigh, funny how you turn things around isn't it?
Funny how suddenly I'm just a fan and not a person who was discussing an alternate type of exercise. Emotional? No, exasperated ... Yes. If anyone is fanatical...it ain't me. You're the one that's intolerant of anything that's not what you think we should all do. I'm not mad that you question it, if anything you are intolerant of anything we have to say.
I can argue with you all day but there's no point. You are relentless and I have video games to play.

df18caffa8c82c6ed7d31a6bcb336183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy moly are those your legs cupcake??? I'm so jealous - and i love the pink bosu in the back! OK girls, no more arguing, we'll all stick to the workouts we like and be open to trying new things. But man if TA gave you those gams i'm starting asap LOL!!

we'll all stick to the workouts we like and be open to trying new things.

Yes I agree to this, I am opened to try new stuff as long as it does not promote catabolism (for those who can understand the term!)
I am fiercely against excessive, dreadfull cardio.
I dislike anything not based on physiology,anatomy.
Also I can not stand the pinkish toothpick promotion!
I acknowledge that we all come in different shape and sizes!

Holy moly are those your legs cupcake??? I'm so jealous - and i love the pink bosu in the back! OK girls, no more arguing, we'll all stick to the workouts we like and be open to trying new things. But man if TA gave you those gams i'm starting asap LOL!!
Lol thanks! Yeah I got that Pink Bosu, the Pink Barbell and pink sandbag last fall before my shoulder decided to derail me.
They go with my Pink KB ( 15, 20,25 lbers ... They do make heavy pink things! )
My legs got big from spinning...the quads mostly because I was crazy and did it a lot and we did hills too often.
The other DVDs got the hams too defined if I bend over you would see the lines as it tapers into the butt and I really didn't like that.
So I started easing off and just walking in the Fall and that helped a lot. The First disc of Meta...idk how but they started looking nice by the end of just the level 1.

I remember staring at them the first time I noticed. It's funny too cuz I'm very easygoing with workouts. I don't follow the Diet, sub the cardio and when I do the mat work I pause and sip diet pop or water and do it on my own pace and it still works!
That's why when I noticed ... I thought " Well what do you know?! It does work ..."
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You look great. I know TA works because she really slimmed down my lower body. I had, in my opinion, over developed thighs and biceps . I was not happy with not fitting into jeans and sweaters. I tried TA and put simply it worked. I did not do her cardio or diet. I thought we were past slagging TA. There was so much of it on VF years ago. But when people started her workouts and saw the results, it calmed down and has virtually disappeared.
I love my tiny pink weights and TA fries your arms like no other. If it is not enough she suggests going thru it a second time. You know when I bought them I was self conscience. Typical girl buying little pink weights but that was just my ego talking. I have a closet of weights with dumbells up to 35 lbs.
I have done heavy lifting in the past so I am not unfamiliar with it.
When you speak so strongly against something you begin insulting those who believe in it.
Yes there is science but there is also empirical info.....what you see.
If you don't like it, disapprove that is fine but please don't slag the method or the people who enjoy it.
Plus I am old enough to see changes in the fitness infustry. First it was yoga is useless. Aerobics is best. Then came weights. Now it is fusion.
Let's just respect everyone's opinions and choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.