anyone did not like the results for STS?

darine

Cathlete
I started STS last summer... but I felt I wasn't necessary doing all the cardio I should have and my diet wasn't at its best but was ok.

I made sure to do the STS workouts. I did only 3 weeks of Meso 1, then 2 weeks of Meso 2 and 1 week of Meso 3

No reason behind it, I just have a hard time sticking to a rotation

I was super bulky and looked fater!!! I hated it. I have spend months with very little weights. And a lot more cardio. I finally lost some of the weight and 2 inches of my arms! Thank God!!! Now I can wear some of my cloths again

However, I have really improved my cardio and I feel I can do more intense cardio and have a better endurance. I am so jealous of everyone's results with STS... I wast to have a small fit body. Not bulky. I want to lose inches.

I would like to try STS again but focus on my cardio and never skip them. And I will watch my diet. But I am so scared to try it and see the same results

so has anyone seen bad results with STS or is it because I skipped some cardio and didn't eat right. When i do only cardio and little weight... I don't feel i have to be super strict on my diet... may be with weight training, I need to be more careful and make sure to ALWAYS do cardio in between

suggestions, advice?

It sounds like you only did 6 weeks of the workouts, without cardio, so in fairness, that's not really following the STS program.

It's possible you just gained weight, fat and a little muscle, during this time, since you cut out your cardio and only did 3 days of weights, you would not have been burning as many calories as usual, combined with a not so good diet, would likely lead to weight gain. And then to compound things, you may have put on a little muscle in addition to fat, giving you a bulkier appearance.

I have a heck of a time losing fat, so I will admit when doing STS as designed, my arms did get bigger, but I had an overall stronger look, felt great, and was definitely stronger. I did experience some inches lost overall, but not in my arms. The second time I did STS, I did the 3 months of weights, but was only getting in 1-2 days cardio/week and my eating was terrible, I had no visible results, but it helped level off the weight gain I was experiencing at the time.

I think it's definitely worth giving STS another shot, but the cardio days are very important, and of course, diet is a huge piece too, to achieve a leaner look.

another issue i have with sts is that no matter how much i try i can do Max 5 days a week of a workout. so i think if i do it again i will not follow a week schedule but just follow sts cardio sts cardio without specifying a day of the week per workout. so it will take me longer than 3 month. i have to do that or i cannot fit all the cardio in one week

i have to say bigger arms scares me. i did not like it and dont want to get that again

another issue i have with sts is that no matter how much i try i can do Max 5 days a week of a workout. so i think if i do it again i will not follow a week schedule but just follow sts cardio sts cardio without specifying a day of the week per workout. so it will take me longer than 3 month. i have to do that or i cannot fit all the cardio in one week

i have to say bigger arms scares me. i did not like it and dont want to get that again

That's a good idea, your body doesn't really know where the week ends and starts. The bigger arms were a combo of things for me, I have a tough time losing fat, and I just can't/won't do the super clean diet thing, and my arms seem to be the most stubborn, so naturally, I did put on some muscle, but just can't ditch the fat in my arms, so for me, it's hard for me to reduce my arm size.

I second what Dela said. I just finished a 6 month STS rotation and saw great results.
Please don't discount the importance of diet. I had to learn the hard way that most fat loss comes from eating right. I've also read some very interesting ideas about cardio lately that have caused me to change my cardio frequency. I fear too much steady state cardio will cut down my muscle gains and burn less fat.

STS is great

STS is a fabulous program. I did Meso 1 and 2 as designed with 2x per week of cardio; so my program looked like so:
Monday:STS
Tuedsay: Cardio
Wednesday: STS
Thursday: Cardio
Friday: STS

Follow the program and EAT Well. Every bite counts. I say do it again and good luck!

Elena

You can't say you're not getting good results if you aren't following the program. I did it exactly as designed, with 45+ minutes of running on days that weren't STS days, and used Cathe's Nutrition software to train me to eat well. My results were fantastic and I'm getting ready to do another 3 1/2 month rotation. Can't wait to do my new 1RM tests to see how much better they are than the last time.

I'm planning on starting STS in Feb. LAst time I only got through 4 weeks of Meso 1 before I stopped (cant remember why)

But instead of doing 5 days per week, I think I'm going to do a pod of 3 days. so I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do

sts-cardio-sts rest sts-cardio-sts

or

sts-cardio-sts rest cardio-sts-cardio

We shall see, but I plan on doing the 5.5 month rotation

I got thru only 3 weeks of meso 1 when I tried doing an STS rotation earlier this year. I stopped due to weight gain/bloat that I personally could just no longer tolerate...

I plan on trying again in January though and will do it a little differently this time. Hopefully it will help and I will be able to make it through!

Fingers crossed!:)

I've been doing the STS 6-month program. I have been pretty good with my diet. I loosely follow the eating plans out of "Clean Eating" magazine that I get from the library. I eat between 1500-1800 cals a day. At 47 years old I've been able to lose 5 lbs (out of the 10 total I want to lose) in about 8 weeks. I eat high fiber and DRINK AT LEAST 80 OUNCES OF WATER A DAY.

I am not strict about doing cardio, but try to get in at least 2 sessions a week. It really is about the diet because it is so easy to eat more calories than you need. You're doing yourself a disservice to do a program like STS and not be pretty strict with your calories. Try to stay below 2000 a day. That should allow you at least one treat but still keep you on track.

I should say my original goal was to lose 10 pounds, but not to lose muscle. That's why I decided to do an STS rotation while trying to reduce. I do think this plan has allowed me to lose just fat, not muscle. I also try to get in 10,000 steps a day.

Lost 12 pounds and I just started MESO 2 last night. Increase your weight load and do cardio. I found also I am more concerned about my diet from doing STS.

I have done STS 3 times and the third time was using the STS cardio - I had great results with doing STS 3 1/2 month using the STS cardio. I didn't lose much weight, but I lost inches. I was able to wear size 4 pants weighing 15 pounds heavier than I had weighed the last time I was able to wear the pants. Quite impressive program.

I am just about to start my 4th round of STS, but I am thinking about doing the 5 1/2 month rotation this time. I can't seem to find a 5 1/2 month rotation using STS cardio though - anyone make one of these rotations I can input into my Cathe calendar on the workout manager?

I am doing the 6.5 month rotation and I know you can download that into your calendar via the WM. Is that the rotation you mean?

I'm ready to go again, and I think I am going to do the 6 month for a change-up. My results have been a total loss of 16 pounds. I lose a little more each time I do it, this past time matching it up with STS Shock Cardio. I'm wasn't actively looking to lose a large amount of weight, but I more then lost the 10 pounds that has nagged me for about 3 years.

I know this is an older thread, but I am wondering the same thing now, did the OP see results the second time around? I am wondering cause its deal of day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.