anyone care to share results?

Wow, Denise...two inches from your thighs??? That's amazing!

Yep, a total of 2 inches from both! :)

It was really weird because when I first measured, one thigh (I believe my stronger thigh) was slightly bigger than the other one and now they are pretty much "equal". I really can't wait to measure after getting into Meso 2 but hubby has already warned me that due to the hypertrophy/muscle building, I might actually go up in measurements before going back down......

Denise

SO far (I'm in meso II) I have noticed some real gains in strength - especially my upper body. Not only that, but my arms and chest are really starting to show more definition than before. No complaints from me - I love this program.
K

Hi Denise!
You mentioned that you were doing STS with your husband. What does he think of it? My DH is currently doing P90X and I'm trying to convince him that STS is the next logical step (and that way he won't mind the box when it's delivered by UPS!)

Yep, a total of 2 inches from both! :)

It was really weird because when I first measured, one thigh (I believe my stronger thigh) was slightly bigger than the other one and now they are pretty much "equal". I really can't wait to measure after getting into Meso 2 but hubby has already warned me that due to the hypertrophy/muscle building, I might actually go up in measurements before going back down......

Denise

Hi Denise!
You mentioned that you were doing STS with your husband. What does he think of it? My DH is currently doing P90X and I'm trying to convince him that STS is the next logical step (and that way he won't mind the box when it's delivered by UPS!)

My husband loves it and we've already planned rotations using other Cathe workouts for the rest of the year (including doing another 3 1/2 month rotation of STS towards the end of the year). It's tough stuff! I love having him do it with me so we can both "grumble" at Cathe.....(hee hee)

I definitely think you should tell him that STS is the next step up and order it! You both will enjoy the workouts and get something out of them....I'd suggest doing the 1RM tests. They really bring everything together!

Let me know if you get em!

Denise

Miss Judy

I have been fairly active for quite some time and was looking for something to shake things up a bit. As far as results go, yes, I have noticed more definition in my arms, back, including lower back, and yes!!! abs!. As far as weight lost, I always fluctuate a pound or two and figure that I am probably at what ever weight my body wants to be. I have recieved a couple of comments that helped, because sometimes I agree, you are looking so hard for changes that maybe you are seeing things. One-"You are looking really fit, have you lost some weight?" Two-"You look good mom." This from my 22 year old son home on break. I'm 47 and my value system have fitness has changed through the years. I'm happy to be looking better than some of my counterparts, but honestly, I really want to be healthy and happy with where I am right now.

Thanks Cathe for continually giving us challenges to help us continue gaining health and strength.

I have not bought anything new. I use my Total Gym for pull ups and chin ups at the highest setting. Not quite the same but I make it work. I don't have a barbell, but do have a weighted bar and ankle weights that I manipulate to close to what I need. I will be buying a barbell and weights in the future. Everything else I either have or have improvised to make work.
Probably the most difficult is the paper plate usage. I do the workouts on carpet and the plates don't always move as smoothly as they might on a floor.

Hey Denise R!

Hi Denise -

I'm hoping you stop by to read this...just one more question for you:
Have you been doing cardio during this time, too, and how often? I know the STS program is three days, and I'd love to do two days of cardio and maybe one of stretch/yoga.

Your results have me so amazed (the two inches....wow!!!) and I'm thinking today may be the day that I pull out the credit card and go for it!!! My bottom half is my problem child and if I could get even an inch to budge from my thighs I'd be in heaven!

Thanks for all your info!
Michele

I'm on a 6 month rotation for STS and have coupled it with BFFM nutrition. I ate 5 meals of 300 calories each for three days and one day of 400 calories per meal. I also did cardio and abs on the off days. I am just about done with meso 1 and have (if my measuring is accurate) lost 5lbs of body fat and gained about 2 lbs of lean muscle mass (at least that's what my calculations say. I have lost most of it off my hips and half an inch off my waist. I am feeling really firm and 'hard' all over and am lifting heavier at the end of meso1 than I have ever lifted before. And that's just results after meso 1.

For meso2 I am adjusting my cardio to be more high intensity intervals and trying to limit my simple and complex carbs to before noon. (according to BFFM that's what gives best results for a mostly endomorph body type, which I think I am, due to the fairly slow progress I've been making. We'll see if it speeds up this way.

Went Swimsuit Shoping and was Happy!

Okay, I finished Meso1 yesterday. I lost 1/2 inch off each thigh and 1/2 inch off my hips (never thought that would happen, but hoped). I gained 1/4 inch on my waist, but it is getting ripped, so I really don't care.

I went swimsuit shopping and for the first time had so much fun I tried on half the store. Left with two bikinis, and, if I do say so myself, I looked darn good in them. Can't wait to show them off when we go to florida next month.

I was thinking about it on the car ride home and nearly cried with joy. I can't wait to start Meso 2 a week from Monday. I've got lots of cardio planned for my rest week.

Thanks to the ladies on the forums who recommened Tosca Reno's book. I just got it and will be in full gear for Meso 2.

:D

I am in 3rd week of Meso 2 of 3 1/2 program. I started on Feb 1. I measured myself this past Thursday. I could not believe myself. I only lost 4 lbs so far, but I lost 2 inches in my hips, and 4 inches in my waist. I did notice my clothes fit better. But I did not feel like dramatic lost, especially when I looked at my pounds lost. But when I compared to the measurement I wrote down on 1/29/09, I was shocked. First, I started to double my original writing numbers. When I told my friends, I discounted my shrink inches.:eek: But now, when I read you guys result, mine sounds reasonable.:p. I am very happy with STS. I did not pay too much attention to my eating. I just tried to keep proportion right, not over eat. I also could not do all cardio workouts I planned during STS off days. That was another reason I was shocked by the result. I never lifted so heavy. So I felt so sore, I could not get up for cardio days. I figured I would rather be consistent in STS and missing out cardio than missing STS days. But no matter how tired I was, Saturday morning was always my long cardio days.

This morning, I was doing same itread run set 16 cross training. I was doing it in Park District Gym. Boy, I was surprised by my speed and endurance. This set consists of 15 min TM, 15 Elliptical, 15 min station bike, 15 min TM, 5 min abs and about 10 min strength (push up). I felt easy in my first TM. After TM, Elliptical and Bike, I had the urge tring to test out the runner speed. I normally did jogger speed. I was so surprised I did it. I did the runner speed for the last leg interval TM at 8.5. I was so glad. Thank you Cathe, for this wonderful STS.

One little note. I had P90X after I read so many threads about how good this program. I tried two times, but I could not past 3rd week. I don't know why. Maybe the disc is the same every week? But for STS, I feel like keep going, looking forward to it. Also, I think I was able to take a break between STS (though I sacrified my cardio), but it gave me some mental break. After I saw my result, now I am fully loaded and looking forward to fill in those non STS days with cardio.

Hi Denise -

I'm hoping you stop by to read this...just one more question for you:
Have you been doing cardio during this time, too, and how often? I know the STS program is three days, and I'd love to do two days of cardio and maybe one of stretch/yoga.

Your results have me so amazed (the two inches....wow!!!) and I'm thinking today may be the day that I pull out the credit card and go for it!!! My bottom half is my problem child and if I could get even an inch to budge from my thighs I'd be in heaven!

Thanks for all your info!
Michele

I do cardio about 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, in the mornings, averaging under 60 minutes. I vary it--step, walking with Leslie Sansone, kickboxing, etc. I do STS in the evenings on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. It seems here lately Sat/Sun are my "off" days, even though I am only wanting to have 1 full day of rest. (it just seems to have worked out that way) I try to stretch about once per week.

I was so excited when I put on a pair of pants that were 3 sizes smaller than what I wear normally and I pulled them up and on. (they were still a little snug around the waist but the hips/thighs felt awesome, another inch and those babies will fit great!) My hubby is so proud of me!

We start Mesocycle 2 this Monday and I am going to actually "tighten up the diet", which to be honest, I haven't been very careful with during the first 8 weeks. My 40th birthday is 4 weeks from today (April 25th) and I'd like to lose some actual weight and MORE INCHES! But like my husband says, "it's all about the inches"--because it is obvious I am gaining muscle. ;)

Can't wait to see what happens after the 1st 4 weeks of Meso 2!! BRING IT ON!! :) :) :)

Denise

Congra, Denise. I don't have time to do 5 days cardio, and I can not self displine enough to work out in the evening. If I can not workout early in AM, I would miss my workout.:(. I also felt so tired and sore. I hope better manage my sleeping and eating, will at least squeeze in 3 cardio each week.]

I felt the same way about P90X! I tried to do it two separate times, and like you, couldn't make it past a month. My DH is currently X'g and he's much more disciplined than I am and is almost done his 90 days. I like Tony, but find the repetition very boring! I still occasionally do the Yoga, though...for some reason I really enjoy this workout, while I know others have said they don't care for it! Variety is the spice of life, right?

One little note. I had P90X after I read so many threads about how good this program. I tried two times, but I could not past 3rd week. I don't know why. Maybe the disc is the same every week? But for STS, I feel like keep going, looking forward to it. Also, I think I was able to take a break between STS (though I sacrified my cardio), but it gave me some mental break. After I saw my result, now I am fully loaded and looking forward to fill in those non STS days with cardio.

Thanks again, Denise! Good luck on Meso 2 and let me know how you make out. My DVDs will be here on Monday and I CANNOT WAIT! I am really ready to get moving with this, and hopefully my results will be as good as yours!
I'll be 40 in July, and while I'm happy with myself as is, I'd love to bring in the big 4-0 in killer, kicka$$ shape!!!

I do cardio about 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, in the mornings, averaging under 60 minutes. I vary it--step, walking with Leslie Sansone, kickboxing, etc. I do STS in the evenings on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. It seems here lately Sat/Sun are my "off" days, even though I am only wanting to have 1 full day of rest. (it just seems to have worked out that way) I try to stretch about once per week.

I was so excited when I put on a pair of pants that were 3 sizes smaller than what I wear normally and I pulled them up and on. (they were still a little snug around the waist but the hips/thighs felt awesome, another inch and those babies will fit great!) My hubby is so proud of me!

We start Mesocycle 2 this Monday and I am going to actually "tighten up the diet", which to be honest, I haven't been very careful with during the first 8 weeks. My 40th birthday is 4 weeks from today (April 25th) and I'd like to lose some actual weight and MORE INCHES! But like my husband says, "it's all about the inches"--because it is obvious I am gaining muscle. ;)

Can't wait to see what happens after the 1st 4 weeks of Meso 2!! BRING IT ON!! :) :) :)

Denise

Hi, ms71069,

Welcome to 40's group. But I am sure with STS, you will feel much younger than you ever have. ;)

Just did my measurements after completing Meso 1 Friday. I really didn't have much to lose. I mainly wanted to gain definition and drop a little weight and tighten up. I started STS at 116 pounds and today I weigh 113.5, lost 1/2 " on waist, 1/4" on hips, 1/4" on each thigh. My shoulders and arms look better and my abs look awesome!!. I was getting worried because I went thru menopause last year and my waist was thickening up. YIKES!!! Well it measures 24.5!! :D:D:D:DI lost 1.43% body fat (I think) so I'm happy about that. My clothes are fitting loose. I wear size 2 work pants and they are getting big. I'm chomping at the bit to get to Meso 2!! Next Sunday I start. WOOHOO!!!
I ate fairly clean. I'm using the nutrition software and that has helped a lot. I plan on using it thru out the program.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.