Anyone been to Bermuda?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I'm seriously thinking about a vacation, maybe in August or Sept (a little worried about hurricane season, but what can ya do?).

So I'm considering Bermuda b/c it's relatively close & I've heard it's fantabulous. Does anyone have any hotel recs or other advice for a week's vacation there?

We went there for our honeymoon.... 21 years ago!!!!
IT was all it's cracked up to be. BEAUTIFUL!!
We stayed at the Sonesta Beach Resort, it was everything I could dream of. The view, the food, the pools, the beach...

here's a link to pictures:

http://spas.about.com/library/weekly/aa090602c.htm

I know it was so long ago, but I'm sure they kept it up. it was THE best!

The last time I was there was about 20 years ago as well. My dad and step mom had a time share there. It is gorgeous and the locals are VERY friendly. Well, at least they were then. I don't know if they STILL are. If you want beach/sun, you have to go there in the summer. They have seasons just like we do only obviously their winters lows are only about 60 degrees instead of sub zero! LOL My dad had his time share in the month of July and it was great weather! :D

Hey there. We went in August for our honeymoon and it was really beautiful. We had no problems with the weather. Not a big party place though. Way more upscale and adult. Most people dress nice when going out instead of looking like they just came from the beach. I don't recommend renting the scooters. There a lots of scooter accidents there. I don't remember where we stayed but I'll try to find out.

We went there 7 years ago. It was nice. I do agree with the recommendation NOT to rent a scooter, or a car for that matter. They drive on the other side of the road and it is so easy to forget when you round the corner. Their bus system is better to use. Plus, if you get a weekly pass it is so cheap. Also, if I remember, the gas was expensive. Lot's of things were expensive b/c they have to be imported.

I took a cruise out of NY about 12 years ago. It was beautiful. More upscale than most tropical islands (at least the ones I have been to).

good luck with your decision.

chrissy

My brother-in-law frequently goes to Bermuda for fishing tournaments and will be there the first week of July. If there is anything you want me to have him check out while he is there, please let me know. It does sound like a wonderful place.

Grown up! Yep, that's what I want. Not a bunch of drunk college kids, that's fer sure. ;)

I'm thinking about a Royal Caribbean cruise as well. We went on our honeymoon on RC, it was the most aweseome vacation I've ever had.

It actually all depends on a job I'm trying to get. I've set aside some $$$ for moving expenses. If I don't get the job, I am hitting a tropical beach. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions!

We stopped in Bermuda on a cruise out of NY as well and it was beautiful but we didn't get to spend enough time there.

Friends of ours cruised just to Bermuda and docked there and said it was great. I think they said eat your meals on board and then go out for night life.

I'm thinking about a Royal Caribbean cruise as well. We went on our honeymoon on RC, it was the most aweseome vacation I've ever had.

Laura, my family took a RC cruise to Bermuda last October...we left from NY. We all liked it there. We were only on the island for a day and a half, but it was really nice.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.