any other large busted cathlete's?

Autumn68

Cathlete
If there are other's out there, you must know how it's not easy to work out when your larger on top. DH is happy, but let's just say I've been dealing all my teen and adult life. Anyway - what tips do you guys have if any to doing hi impact moves, and what kind of sport bra's do you use? I'm currently using enell but they don't adjust and if you loose weight I need to put a sock in there to make a difference. LOL (never thought I'd ever have to do that). Thank God I w/o at home ;) There are other brands I've seen and told others about and they are all over $70. which seems rediculous while your in the midst of loosing weight. Once I reach my goal it would be worth a few, but now?
As for weights, yoga and LI, I can buy a cute XL top and it works fine, but for hi impact, I was wondering what others do. Please tell:
Thanks -Autumn

Well, I deal with it by not doing high impact. :p Seriously though, there are way too many things on my body that jiggle around, no matter how much elastic I wear or how much I do the uniboob thing. I'm much happier with low impact! Good luck with this.

Oh, Autumn, I totally hear you! :)

I spent most of my twenties doing the multiple sports bra thing, because I couldn't find anything else that really worked with my body type. I tried Enell a while back, but just couldn't take the style-- I felt a bit restricted in my mobility. Last year I came across this sports bra from Champion: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/JBL217/ and decided to take a chance on it when it was on sale really cheap. For me (34 DDD) it works great-- better than anything else I've tried, even the pricey ones. HTH!

I'm really interested to hear more suggestions from other Cathletes, too! Best of luck with everything!!!

Underwire Champion bras work well for me, even though I bounce, don't bounce as much. There are times when I have done 2 bras, too lazy to take off regular bra and put on sports bra.

I have an Enell and I know what you mean - I feel like I'm wearing body armor! It works, but it's not my favorite bra.

I really like Title Nine's frog bra. It pretty much smooshes me flat and there's minimal bouncing. I don't particularly care about how my chest looks when I'm working out, so smooshing is fine with me.

I also really like their "Three Reasons" Bra. Less smooshing, more wicking.

I spent most of my twenties doing the multiple sports bra thing, because I couldn't find anything else that really worked with my body type. I tried Enell a while back, but just couldn't take the style-- I felt a bit restricted in my mobility. Last year I came across this sports bra from Champion: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/JBL217/ and decided to take a chance on it when it was on sale really cheap. For me (34 DDD) it works great-- better than anything else I've tried, even the pricey ones. HTH!

I'm really interested to hear more suggestions from other Cathletes, too! Best of luck with everything!!!

Thanks so much for the info Brighton!!!!! Do you get a lot of support w/ it? I'm 36ddd, and they have that size, wow...At my goal weight I'll prob get down to 34dd, I hope anyway. Although, I looked at the website and it doesn't look like it's good for hi impact moves.??? For this price, wow, it's worth a try, but do you find this a good bra for jumping???. - Autumn

Last edited:
I have an Enell and I know what you mean - I feel like I'm wearing body armor! It works, but it's not my favorite bra.

I really like Title Nine's frog bra. It pretty much smooshes me flat and there's minimal bouncing. I don't particularly care about how my chest looks when I'm working out, so smooshing is fine with me.

I also really like their "Three Reasons" Bra. Less smooshing, more wicking.

Thanks for the info, but they don't come in my size - but they might when I get to my goal weight....I'll keep them bookmarked. Thanks.

I have the Moving Comfort Womens Fiona Bra - DD is the highest cup. The straps are adjustable and they are very comfortable (I always pull the straps tight to keep everything lifted and in place). You can find them for $45 usually. I got mine off of Amazaon.com.

It looks like it velcro's in the back? Does it, or is that just the way it looks?

I am probably not helping, but I tried all of these suggestions for years before I finally had a breast reduction (from a 36DDD down to a 36C). Now I can buy sports bras almost anywhere and only wear one!

I made this decision after much thought and thinking the entire thing through (lots of back pain, marks in my shoulders from the bra straps...nothing that you haven't seen and felt yourself!). I had already breastfed 2 children for year each. I wouldn't recommend the operation for just anyone, but it was the right decision for me and I have never regretted it!

Good luck in your search of the perfect bra to hold those girls in place for you!!
Jenn :)

I'm a 32H, down from a 46JJJ. I wear a Shock Absorber bra (you can get them at www.figleaves.com) and it works very well. It ain't pretty, but I can run in it with no issues and do Insanity, and it doesn't smoosh my boobs - oh, and no uniboob! Yes, a bit pricey, but worth it for me. I never had any back pain or indents in my shoulders, even after a full lifetime of being very large-breasted, so I guess I got lucky.

Thanks so much for the info Brighton!!!!! Do you get a lot of support w/ it? I'm 36ddd, and they have that size, wow...At my goal weight I'll prob get down to 34dd, I hope anyway. Although, I looked at the website and it doesn't look like it's good for hi impact moves.??? For this price, wow, it's worth a try, but do you find this a good bra for jumping???. - Autumn

I think it's most likely one of those "your mileage may vary" fits-- for me, I am able to do high impact in it with very minimal bounce. There is a little bit of "smooshing" going on, but not nearly as bad as some sports bras I've used... and honestly, if it lends me greater support I'm okay with that. I use them with Cathe vids just fine-- also I trained for & ran a half marathon with it last spring and it was the most comfortable I've ever been running. I think it may just depend on your body type, etc. I'm with you, it was the price that drew me in initially-- I'm just so glad it also ended up being the right one for me!!! :) I hope it works out for you as well.

Also, to Jennie-- The back doesn't velcro up, though there is some velcro on the straps (super strong stuff, holy cow!) to help you adjust them to the best fit. There's the normal hook & eye set up on the back like a regular bra (3 diff options for fit), and then an additional snap enclosure on top of that to secure everything, if that makes sense.

HTH! :D

I don't get why sports bras, or bras in general, are so expensive for us busty chicks!! Some of these things cost more than my sweaters and those at least cover my whole torso!!

I don't get why sports bras, or bras in general, are so expensive for us busty chicks!! Some of these things cost more than my sweaters and those at least cover my whole torso!!

OMG ita!!! another issue i have with some of my local stores is they assume there is nobody build with 34-36 D-DD and up. they assume if you have anything cup larger then a C you don't fall into a smaller 34-36 size they assume you are 38-44 :eek: so even IF i find a bra that fits i am more then likely having to take out a second mortgage to buy my weeks worth.

on the sports bra front i have found some at wal-mart from danskin brand. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11019708 reasonable and comes in perfect fit sizes. i haven't found anything that completely holds the girls still but i wear this at the gym running and get enough support that i don't have a group sitting in front of the window of the lobby watching me run LOL. and its comfortable for me except in the shoulder a little bit b/c of the racer back style.

i haven't found the true fit b/c i refuse to pay more for my bras then i do my shoes but i have had luck at ross and tj maxx for bras b/c they sell crazy sizes(i saw a size 18 shoes no lie a men's size 18 shoe!!) and just somehow got lucky with the sports bras

kassia

DH might not want you too, but he's not the one that has to carry those badboys around. :D I say, do it.

ditto!!! why do men have to go there? i don't want to carry around 5-6 pounds of weight just on my chest and that is the least of the issue.

kassia

OMG ita!!! another issue i have with some of my local stores is they assume there is nobody build with 34-36 D-DD and up. they assume if you have anything cup larger then a C you don't fall into a smaller 34-36 size they assume you are 38-44 :eek: so even IF i find a bra that fits i am more then likely having to take out a second mortgage to buy my weeks worth.

LOL... Amen, sister! :D:D:D Such is the story of my life! :)

AND!!!...when you are in the stupid bra section, there are cute, tiny, adorable bras at eye level. The people who need bigger cups have to crawl on the floor to see the bras that fit them...and no more cute ones on the floor!!

Jenn

on the sports bra front i have found some at wal-mart from danskin brand. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11019708 reasonable and comes in perfect fit sizes. i haven't found anything that completely holds the girls still but i wear this at the gym running and get enough support that i don't have a group sitting in front of the window of the lobby watching me run LOL. and its comfortable for me except in the shoulder a little bit b/c of the racer back style.

i haven't found the true fit b/c i refuse to pay more for my bras then i do my shoes but i have had luck at ross and tj maxx for bras b/c they sell crazy sizes(i saw a size 18 shoes no lie a men's size 18 shoe!!) and just somehow got lucky with the sports bras

kassia

THANK YOU!!!! I have been SOOOO frustrated with this very thing! I need a 34 or 36 DD and heck if I can find one ANYWHERE. I'm going to have to special order one because all of my local stores think that if I need a DD, I must be 42" or plus around. It's so frustrating.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.