Any Cathe beginners?

Checking in from work again. I haven't been feeling well so I didn't work out last night after my 2.5 mile lunch walk. This morning I felt bad enough to take 800 mg of Ibuprofen, which seemed to take the edge off, but still hurting. :( The weather is nice and hot with low humidity so now I’m wishing I had just gone for my walk. Since I'm feeling guilty I think I may go home and see about doing Upper & Lower Body Pyramid to try to get in a full body workout and hold off on doing any cardio.

Bridget: Great job on doing Imax 2 yesterday! I don’t think I’ve invested in that one yet. If it makes you feel better, I never look like Cathe & Co either when I do the workouts, as a matter of fact, sometimes I look like a drunken sailor stumbling around and up an over my step . . . How did your first WW meeting go?

Pam: Have a safe trip, but most of all have fun!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

check-in

:D
Checking in from work again. I haven't been feeling well so I didn't work out last night after my 2.5 mile lunch walk. This morning I felt bad enough to take 800 mg of Ibuprofen, which seemed to take the edge off, but still hurting. :( The weather is nice and hot with low humidity so now I’m wishing I had just gone for my walk. Since I'm feeling guilty I think I may go home and see about doing Upper & Lower Body Pyramid to try to get in a full body workout and hold off on doing any cardio.

Bridget: Great job on doing Imax 2 yesterday! I don’t think I’ve invested in that one yet. If it makes you feel better, I never look like Cathe & Co either when I do the workouts, as a matter of fact, sometimes I look like a drunken sailor stumbling around and up an over my step . . . How did your first WW meeting go?

Pam: Have a safe trip, but most of all have fun!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Hello all, I'm finally able to check-in. I was doing overtime all this week and finally have time to up to date. I started STS 060610. I'm on disc#3 starting saturday 061210. I can't believe how out of shape I am. I was doing basic step and could not keep up :mad:. However, I did finish!! Yeah!! The program is going great. I keeping an STS journal of my first time thur STS. I would also like to report my DH is doing the program with me!! He has not worked out in years. And he's really enjoying the program as well. So I'm going to go back and read what I missed.:eek:

Good morning all!
I did high step training this morning, and modified, modified modified, but it's done!

I also received new aerobic sneakers from Zappos yesterday and used them today- thank goodness, that dull ache up my shins & knees is much improved-I am ashamed to tell you how old the old pair was, but couldn't justify spending the money on a new pair until I was over the beginner hump and I knew I could justify the cost.

Lost 2.4lbs after my first WW week woo hoo!

Won't be checking in much over the next week, I am leaving for Phoenix (not to Nancy's house!) this afternoon for a week long conference, not sure how much exercise I will be able to get in (which is why I did high step training and pushed myself a bit)

Sheryl- Is STS doable for a beginner? It looks very intimidating to me.

Jen- did you do pyramids yesterday? Ibuprofin is great for sore muscles, so is Aleive.

Pam- have fun!

Nancy, Elle- will check in with you again soon

Hi all, I don’t know about you, but I am ready for the weekend!!!! It has been a long week at work and I am ready to try to find some time for myself and relax!

Sheryl: Great job on starting STS and making it to disc 3 so far! Like you, I was appalled at how out of shape I was, but it’s nice to start seeing results as you continue to work out and I’m sure you’ll start seeing results soon, especially if you keep up with STS! It makes it twice as nice that your DH is doing the work out with you—ENJOY! I agree with Bridget, how doable is it for a true beginner like myself?!

Bridget: Good job on doing high step training and who cares if you modified, modified, modified, at least you got through it!!! And, WOO HOO on losing 2.4after only one week on WW! :D I hope I can see that kind of result when I weigh in tomorrow! Hope you have a great week in Phoenix, try not to work the entire time and enjoy the sites! I decided not to do any workout, instead I push mowed my front and back yard – that was enough of a work out for me and I definitely took another dose of Ibuprofen when I was done!

Don't know what I will do this evening - may try to do both Upper and Lower Body Pyamid since I didn't do it last night. Hope everyone is doing well and have a safe weekend!

Quick check in - been busy with work and other stuff the past few days so no workouts. On schedule for tomorrow is Cardio & Weights.

Checking in today with Cardio & Weights and Stretch Max #1 completed. I also completed a 20 minute pilates workout from the Winsor Slimming Pilates system this morning. I had forgotten how tough pilates can be but it is so good for my back (and abs!).

I haven't checked in the past few days because there was a lot going on with work and I was getting home pretty late. It's all settled now. I am going to change my rotation a bit - I think I have been stretching myself too thin with too many different workouts so I'm only going to focus on Cardio & Weights and Low Impact Circuit (cardio premix only) for the next couple of weeks and see how that goes. I'll just alternate them - will also make it easy to keep track. I'm hoping that just focusing on these two will help me see improvements.

Bridget:
Great job with SuperSets! Isn't it great when you find that you can do a move that was too difficult before?

Great job with IMAX2...wow! I do the same thing with those kind of workouts too - just keep focusing on getting to the next one.

Elle:
Great job with Muscle Endurance and all those crazy leg presses! Good to hear the WW meetings are helping too. I do like adding Stretch Max after the workouts because like you said, sometimes there isn't enough of a stretch in the main workout.

Pam:
Great job with Leaner Legs and hope you enjoyed your mini-vacation!

Jennifer:
Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well - hope you are feeling a lot better now!

Sheryl:
You're doing great with STS and how cool that your husband is doing it with you! I bet you are both going to have terrific results. And I know how you feel with the cardio endurance. But just keep with it and you'll see improvements pretty fast.

check-in

Hello ladies,
It has really been a crazy week. However, wanted to check in for disc#3. Well that is a total leg workout. My butt, hip, thighs and calves r still screaming. However, it was a GREAT:cool: workout. And so I did modify, modify and modify. This week I start the program over again. So today will be Stretch Max #2!! Love this DVD:D and back to cardio/abs, disc1, cardio/abs, disc #2, cardio/abs, stretch max#2, disc #3 and stretch max. I really enjoying the program so far. I do wanted to report that I have stop drinking pop. that's @ least 1500 cals. for me! I would drink pop like it's water. So I have increase my water in take 128oz a day. Trust me it's not easy. Sometime I will add a splash of lemon:D 2 be a little crazy:eek:.

OH! and i would also like to report that my husband is enjoying the workout 2. He calls Cathe a "power house" :D. Sometimes I hear him downstairs going "My GOD"!!! :D:D:D. It is the only DVD program in my library he loves doing. So hats off 2 CATHE!!! FINALLY HE'S BACK TO WORKING OUT!!!!

The other thing I need to work on is ((EATING CLEAN)). How do you find time? I'm not a breakfast person:eek:.
So what types of breakfast food do everyone eat? I need some ideas? HELP!!

Bridget-Great job on 2.4lbs!!!!:eek::eek::eek:Have a safe trip. I was looking @ the travel fit DVD. Because it's the vacation season. however, I can't justify it after buying STS, bands and etc. I believe STS is very doable for beginners with modification. Example: ((Push-ups)) I can't do a push-up 2 save my life. However, I'm getting very good at table-top push-ups:eek:. I did try 2 or 3 ((knee push-ups)) then went back to table-top pushups. I go back an forth to make it hard 4 me. Out of disc #1, 2 and 3. Disc#3 is my favorite. I love doing lower body exercise vs. upper body

Jatbdp- Excellent job on con't your lunch-time walk!!:D What type of music r u listening 2? I love the cardio type music. It just makes me walk faster!!

Phonenix130/nancy- WAY 2 GO on C&2 with stretchmax#1!!! I finally bought stretch max and it is excellent. I can finally get out of bed in the morning. I sometimes have lower back and knee issues. It would hurt all the time especially if it rain or every cold. However, since me and DH have been working out knee problem gone so far. Back, well it do not hurt as much.

I am so happy 2 be a part of this group!! WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER!!!

Until we meet again!!:D

Last edited:
Checking in with a bunch of workouts today - I was feeling kind of blah and sabotaging until I did a couple of short workouts and remembered how exercise can alter your mood! Once I did a couple of the 10 minute workouts, I felt so much better and no more sabotage.

Checking in with:
- 10 Minute Solution: 5 Day Get Fit Mix Cardio Kickboxing (10 min) - this was good
- 10 Minute Solution: 5 Day Get Fit Mix Power Yoga (10 min) - didn't really like this one
- Winsor Slimming Pilates SuperFast Body Blast (20 min) - my abs are feeling it!
- Low Impact Circuit Cardio Blast Timesaver premix (48 min) - love this!!
- Stretch Max #2 (20 min)

I also wanted to give the 5 Day Fit Mix workouts a try (there's 5 total and all are 10 minutes). It's with Amy Bento and I've never tried any of her workouts. I keep thinking about adding some quick workouts first thing in the morning but time is such a factor for me in the mornings. With these being only 10 minutes, I could definitely add one without it being too much of a problem. That way, I get something done at the start of the day to start off my day right - especially since I spend most of it sitting down. I will then do my main Cathe workouts at night when I have more time.

Sheryl:
We're happy to have you with us too! Good for you for cutting out the soft drinks and great job with STS disc #3! I used to drink a TON each day (I would go through almost a whole case in 1-2 days!). I stopped drinking it a few years ago and now I only have it occasionally when eating out and that's enough. I can't stand to have it anymore and don't know how I ever drank so much of it before. So it will get easier - stick with it!!

I like Stretch Max too - especially now that I've added one segment after each workout. It's funny because I didn't realize it until you mentioned it but my lower back isn't hurting like it was in the mornings for the last little while.

Hope everyone else has had a great weekend!

Hi Everyone,
I have been really busy so i didn't get a chance to check-in. Here is a quick recap of what i've been up to:

Wed: Kick, Punch, & Crunch.:eek: I have never really done Kickbox before and only ever attempted this a looong time ago. Needless to say i did not really resemble Cathe, Jai, or Lorraine. More like Elaine from Seinfeld trying to dance but i still worked up a sweat. I made it to combo 2 and then fast forwarded to the abs and stretch.

Thurs: Took a rest day after working 6:30am - 6:30pm due to month-end deadlines at work. I went to bed really early.

Fri: Yoga!:D

Sat: Low Impact Circuit. I really like this since it's not too too hard and the music made it fun. I made it through the whole thing although i did take some breaks throughout. I did it as soon as i woke up before having anything for breakfast. I'm not the most energetic in the morning so i'm happy with my performance.:)

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts but i hope you are all having a great weekend.

snack: Orange-Vanilla Fruit Dip

This is really good for a snack:

servings: 1
preparation time: 5 mins

Ingredients:

1/2 c. low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 c. light, fat-free vanilla yogurt
1 tsp. grated orange peel
6pc. fresh strawberries
--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. combine cottage cheese, yogurt and orange peel in a blender or food processor and blend on high speed until smooth, about 30 seconds.

2. spoon orange-vanilla dip into a small bowl and place a portion of fresh strawberries on the side for dipping.

3. serve and enjoy!:D

Hi Everyone,
I have been really busy so i didn't get a chance to check-in. Here is a quick recap of what i've been up to:

Wed: Kick, Punch, & Crunch.:eek: I have never really done Kickbox before and only ever attempted this a looong time ago. Needless to say i did not really resemble Cathe, Jai, or Lorraine. More like Elaine from Seinfeld trying to dance but i still worked up a sweat. I made it to combo 2 and then fast forwarded to the abs and stretch.

Thurs: Took a rest day after working 6:30am - 6:30pm due to month-end deadlines at work. I went to bed really early.

Fri: Yoga!:D

Sat: Low Impact Circuit. I really like this since it's not too too hard and the music made it fun. I made it through the whole thing although i did take some breaks throughout. I did it as soon as i woke up before having anything for breakfast. I'm not the most energetic in the morning so i'm happy with my performance.:)

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts but i hope you are all having a great weekend.

Elle- way to go on still finishing K, P & C!!! No matter how you did it you finished!! And that counts for alot!!!

Snack: Blueberry blend (varies yogurt flavors)

servings: 1

Preparation time: 2mins.

Ingredients:

1/2 c. low-fat cottage cheese
6 oz. light, fat-free blueberry yogurt or (varies flavor)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. in a serving bowl, combine cottage cheese and blueberry yogurt (varies flavors)

2. serve and enjoy:D

Breakfast: French Toast

serving: 1
preparation time: 10mins

ingredients:

3 TBSP. of vanilla protein powder (whey or soy)
1/2 c. egg substitute
1/4 TSP. ground cinnamon
2 slices whole-wheat bread
1/4 c. sugar-free maple syrup
------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter-flavored cooking spray and place over medium heat.

2. place vanilla protein powder in a pie plate and slowly pour in egg subsitute while stirring with a fork until smooth. (the batter will be thick). sprinkle cinnamon on top of the batter.

3. dip one piece of bread in the batter and let it soak up the egg mixture for 10 seconds. carefully turn the bread over to coat the other side. repeat with second piece of bread.

4. place batter-soaked bread in the skillet and spoon any remaining batter on top. cook 2 to 3 mins. on each side or until golden brown. then place on a small plate.

5. while french toast is cooking, microwave maple syrup until warm, about 20 seconds.

6. pour warm maple syrup over french toast.

7. serve and enjoy!:D

**I was looking for breakfast food and found this one!!***

Breakfast: Turkey Bacon Melt

serving: 1
Preparation time: 15mins

ingredients:

3 strips lean turkey bacon (each cut in half)
1 whole-wheat english muffin, split
2 thick slices of tomato
2 slices reduced-fat cheese
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. pre-heat oven to 400 F.

2. cook turkey bacon according to its package directions.

3. place the whole-wheat english muffin halves face up on a baking sheet. top each with a slice of tomato. layer with cheese and top with 3 "half slices" of cooked bacon.

4. place in the oven and bake for 3 to 5 mins., until cheese is melted and bubbly.

5. enjoy:D

***Here's another one I've founded***

Last edited:
Hey all, thought I would check in for the weekend. Weighed in Saturday AM and lost 2.2 pounds! Now my goal is to try to loose at least 2# per week and see how much I can lose by September 5th when my oldest niece is getting married! Didn't do any workouts this weekend due to family obligations, but, I'm looking forward to doing some cardio and weights with Cathe tomorrow.

Sheryl: Thanks for all the great recipes--they all sound good and I may have to try them at some point this week.

I'm glad everyone is doing well on their workouts--keep up the great work! :)

Hey all, thought I would check in for the weekend. Weighed in Saturday AM and lost 2.2 pounds! Now my goal is to try to loose at least 2# per week and see how much I can lose by September 5th when my oldest niece is getting married! Didn't do any workouts this weekend due to family obligations, but, I'm looking forward to doing some cardio and weights with Cathe tomorrow.

Sheryl: Thanks for all the great recipes--they all sound good and I may have to try them at some point this week.

I'm glad everyone is doing well on their workouts--keep up the great work! :)

Jatbdp/jennifer- way 2 go on the 2.2pds!!!:D:D:D. I was looking for breakfast idea and just wanted to share. I'm not a breakfast person so I need to start eating alot more ((CLEAN)).

Breakfast: ham and cheese egg casserole

serving: 4

preparation time: 50mins.

ingredients:

2 c. frozen diced potatoes (various: southern style potatoes)
1 c. cooked lean ham, diced
1/2 c. fresh mushrooms, sliced (various veggies: broccoli florets)
2 green onions, sliced (various onions: red)
1 1/4 c. egg substitute
1/2 c. slim milk
1/2 c. reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. pre-heat oven to 325 F.

2. lightly coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.

3. layer potatoes evenly on the bottom of the dish; top with ham, mushrooms and onions.

4. in a small mixing bowl, beat egg substitute and skim milk with a fork or whisk until well blended.

5. pour egg mixture over ham and vegatables in baking dish and top with cheese.

6. bake until eggs are firm and top is lightly browned, approximately 40-50 mins.

7. cut into 4 portions.

8. enjoy!:D

**Okay ladies this is all the breakfast food I've found today. It's a complete breakfast of eggs, ham, potatoes and veggies, topped with cheese!!! YUM!!**

I have the day off from work today which is nice. I slept in a bit and it's the perfect day for staying at home - rainy. :) I did my 10 minute workout (5 Day Get Fit Mix - Fat Blasting Intervals) and pilates this morning. I really like starting off the day with a short workout. I think on working days, it will only be one of them but we'll see how it goes.

On schedule for today is Cardio & Weights and I'm looking forward to it.

Elle:
Great job with the workouts. And don't worry about KPC - that's one of the benefits of working at home - no one can see what you look like. I can only imagine how I must look doing that one too.

Jennifer:
Congratulations on losing 2.2 lbs!

Checking back with Cardio & Weights completed. I decided to skip Stretch Max because I was running out of steam - might have to pay more attention to what I'm eating these days to make sure I have enough energy for these workouts.

Hi all, checking in after doing Upper Body Pyramid. I managed to get through it, but I skimped on the ab section and definitely failed to do the pikes! I was able to walk my 2 miles today at lunch, but it was miserably HUMID! :confused:

Elle: You should be around when I do my work outs, I definitely used to be more coordinated than I have been lately! Good job on KPC, I need to add that one back into my workout routine.

Nancy: I hope you were able to enjoy your time off from work today! We have had pop up storms here and I guess there is a really nasty line of storms coming our way from Indiana. Hope they hit us right about bed time. :D Great job on Cardio & Weights. I think I need to check out that dvd as several of you have talked about it. I thought I would do a little cardio and then weights, but I decided to simply do the weights as I am a little tired tonight and I know I would have run out of steam long before I got to the weight portion.

I hope everyone else is doing well and had a safe weekend. One day down and four more to go until next weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.