Afterburn: Two Thumbs Up!

Cant wait~

I ordered Afterburn, Trisets and Athletic Training. I am on a strict budget as DH is not working right now, and twins going off to college next year...it was very tough to pick just 3!! Cant wait to get them. I think I must have 25 of your videos Cathe. And I do them regularly..and share the moves in classes I teach,students always love them. I have been teaching group fitness and spinning since 1991, and you never fail to inspire me. And turning 50 in 2 weeks, I have never looked or felt better!! :)

I look forward to getting the new videos! Woohoo!

Linda Fitz

Best Workout in the Low Impact Series

This is by far head-and-shoulders above the other workouts in the this series. Great moves, good music, heck of a challenge. I was sweating like crazy begging for more! This is the Cathe I've known and loved for years. I can already tell that I'm going to wear this DVD out!

Just so happy you are all enjoying this workout so much. It was very fun to create and do. It went through a few revisions when a few things didn't flow smoothly enough at rehearsals but the final product was the keeper. :eek:

Update

Love Love Love Afterburn and AT!! OMG I am still sore 3 days later! Going to do TB Trisets on Monday. Cant wait!!

Afterburn - Love it, but I can't move today!

Ohmigosh - I did the entire Afterburn yesterday and thought "oh this is fun, look at all the different things we are doing". Um, today, I can barely squat down, bend down, sit down! . I haven't had this kind of muscle soreness in years! It's a good kind of sore, that's what I keep telling myself :)

I think a walk and yoga will be it for me today.

Great workouts, Cathe!

Another one that had to hit pause on the remote a couple times! I was literally gasping after a few of the intervals. I thought I was an advanced exerciser but this workout takes you to an all new level! But, at the same time, I loved the workout. So creative and so much fresh new material! Gotta love it!!!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

My DVD's finally arrived yesterday! yeah!!! First in the package is Afterburn so that's what I did this morning. All I can say is OMGawwwsh! This workout is tough (too tough for me in some spots but I just modified) but sooooooo much fun. There is no dread here. Just pure fun. And it's not too long. Great job on this one.

CeciFifi said:
My DVD's finally arrived yesterday! yeah!!! First in the package is Afterburn so that's what I did this morning. All I can say is OMGawwwsh! This workout is tough (too tough for me in some spots but I just modified) but sooooooo much fun. There is no dread here. Just pure fun. And it's not too long. Great job on this one.

Wow, you picked a goodie to start with! So happy you got your DVD's! Have a blast. Wait til you try S&G...a party of fun!

I pledge to the Great Fitness Spirit in the Sky that I am going to master those dragging planks/staggered push-ups before the end of the year! ;)

Oh my!I got my discs yesterday so tried 10 minutes of slide and glide to get used to that and had so much fun that today I couldn't resist any longer and did after burn: fantastic, amazing workout! Time flew by interval after interval...At the 20 minute mark started to wonder if I could really make through that and then when I hit last interval,still smiling thanks to Cathe's encouraging words... well,I felt a huge sense of accomplishment!
It is tough, those staggered planks are so difficult to me but did my best...and what about my obliques?didn't feel them while doing spider-man mountain climber but they started to be sore just right after an hour or so :eek:
I JUST LOVE IT: so complete,effective,challenging...it's really a new dimension of a workout, I think it will become one of my favourite! Well done Cathe!

Sore Brachioradialis Muscles from Hammer Curls in AfterBurn?

I've done AfterBurn (Bonus Burn premix) twice now. My goal is to eventually get through it without hitting pause!:p I'm loving the LIS series; it's so tough!

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing sore arms/forearms (brachioradialis) from all the hammer curls in AfterBurn!?

Did Afterburn for the first time tonight....OMG!! It was like doing the original Intensity Series Boot Camp....Yikes!! I totally loved it! I had to pause the vid often after intervals for water and air LOL! This one's harder than CCC in my opinion. I loved the move with the kicks and disks. I followed the vid up with Yoga Relax Express Premix #2. Perfect combo!

Good job Cathe and crew. :)

HOLY COW!

Holy cow this workout is tough! I have done Afterburn a few times already, but yesterday I struggled to get though it... IDK maybe I did not eat appropriately before hand, maybe I needed more water, maybe I am just a wuss :eek:.

Those walking planks and running man lunges did me in! I think I swore a few lovely words while I was burning and dripping with sweat.

Good thing is, my butt is really sore today!! Love DOMS!!!

CanadianCatheite said:
Did Afterburn for the first time tonight....OMG!! It was like doing the original Intensity Series Boot Camp....Yikes!! I totally loved it! I had to pause the vid often after intervals for water and air LOL! This one's harder than CCC in my opinion. I loved the move with the kicks and disks. I followed the vid up with Yoga Relax Express Premix #2. Perfect combo!

Good job Cathe and crew. :)

I agree...I am not one to use the remote control for pausing during workouts in the past but this working has me gasping and using it at least 2-3 times! I love the creativity of this workout! Great idea to throw the Yoga in at the end! Ahhhhhh!

mini-natty said:
Holy cow this workout is tough! I have done Afterburn a few times already, but yesterday I struggled to get though it... IDK maybe I did not eat appropriately before hand, maybe I needed more water, maybe I am just a wuss :eek:.

Those walking planks and running man lunges did me in! I think I swore a few lovely words while I was burning and dripping with sweat.

Good thing is, my butt is really sore today!! Love DOMS!!!

Natasha, have you done TriSets LB yet? Talk about a sore butt! Ohmygosh! I did it Saturday morn and we went to the movies Saturday night. There was a problem with the movie so our movie was delayed for 30 minutes, plus, the movie itself was 2 hours and 5 minutes long. When I went to get up afterwards, my legs and rear were screaming outloud!!! I honestly looked like I was crippled walking down the steps. It's Monday morn right now and I am STILL sore! :O

Natasha, have you done TriSets LB yet? Talk about a sore butt! Ohmygosh! I did it Saturday morn and we went to the movies Saturday night. There was a problem with the movie so our movie was delayed for 30 minutes, plus, the movie itself was 2 hours and 5 minutes long. When I went to get up afterwards, my legs and rear were screaming outloud!!! I honestly looked like I was crippled walking down the steps. It's Monday morn right now and I am STILL sore! :O

Lol Debbie! Ya that sounds too familiar. I really love TriSets LB. Something about the dixie cups lunges off the step. I am sore for about 2-3 days afterwards and need help just sitting on the toilet ha ha :D

Have a good day :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to hit the pause button a few times during this workout! I just did it today, and for some reason needed to pause it more than normal. I made it through, but wow, I feel like I've been through the ringer. In a good way, of course... AfterBurn is my favorite of the LIS workouts.

Also, I totally agree about TriSets LB... how can 39 minutes pack so much DOMS?!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.