advanced cardio easy on knees

exercisemania

I have been doing a lot of BM2 and Imax 3 workouts alternate every other day. I was told might be too intense for everyday on knees. What is an advanced,hard cardio that is straight cardio, no step, and easy on the knees?

thanks

i would power walk with a weighted vest or do the step routine with the top portion of your step only. i notice my knees start to strain a bit when i do step consecutively with an 8" step. the higher you have to step the more strain on your knees.

i would power walk with a weighted vest or do the step routine with the top portion of your step only. i notice my knees start to strain a bit when i do step consecutively with an 8" step. the higher you have to step the more strain on your knees.

My two cents....for me, Low Max bothered my knees alot. It's definitely low impact but factoring in the higher step height used and the multitude of lunge-like movements, it was real knee killer.

Have to agree with a previous poster: elliptical, plus spinning, inline skating, swimming. If I feel like I *have* to do cardio at home, I modify the jumps, etc on a rebounder. Seems to help.

Kick Max's first 4 sections are easier on the knees than the ones you mention.

But beware the third drill -- Cathe does a drill on this one that is very stressful on carpet unless you modify. She does mention a modification that I use since I do workout on carpet.

Kick Punch and Crunch is another good one for lower impact.

For Body Max 2, I never use 8 inches for the riser.

I think 8 inches is just too much for this workout for me, esp. during the second part where Cathe and Crew do the blasts.

Every time I use 8 inches, I regret it. Just make your movements more dynamic versus pounding your joints if you use Body Max 2.

But if you are a tall person, the 8 in. riser probably won't be an issue for Body Max 2.

I'm finding these posts interesting as I too have knee issues. I thought it was from the kicking but maybe it is my step. I think I'll try eliminating one for a while then the other and see if I can put my finger on it. Glad I stopped in!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.