About all this negative karma flying around here ....

C

Carol_is_fit

Hi everyone! I've been reading the "Body Blast Rotation" thread on the Ask Cathe forum, and I've been in the "If I Was Cathe" thread on this forum, and there seem to be a lot of bad feelings flying around. I can see both sides.

I already have my Body Blast tapes and didn't pre-order, so I can't say I know what it feels like to wait 7 months for something. I won't even pretend to understand the frustration some of you are feeling. I've been posting on here since August, and I too have come to feel like part of a family, with Cathe as our fearless leader! I have faith in her and in SNM, and I really do believe they're doing their very best to deliver a high-quality product.

I do understand, however, the feelings of those who have posted that this is a business transaction, and they are not happy with the way in which it is being handled. If I hadn't already had good business dealings with SNM, I too would be worried. I wonder though, why people choose to come on to a public forum and express their concern, instead of simply emailing SNM? Sometimes it's difficult to tell if they're looking for empathy, or simply trying to stir up trouble. I guess you have to read the posts and be as discerning as you can, and then respond - or not - accordingly.

Lord knows I'm guilty myself of reacting to a post instead of responding, so I'm not preaching here. I'm simply saying you can choose to react to something you perceive as threatening or negative to Cathe and/or SNM ... or you can respond to it. In a dignified and calm manner. YOU have control over your responses to people's words. Or, you can choose NOT to respond. You can sit on your hands like I've done many, many times (not on here, but on other boards), and simply not type. Later, when you've gotten over the initial emotional reaction the post ignited in you, you can respond in a calm, dignified manner if you still feel a response is necessary, or you can ignore the post and move on.

It's almost impossible at times to tell if someone is sincere, or simply trying to stir up trouble. I think the best course of action (and yes, I do intend to take my own advice here!!), is to ignore the post if you think it may be there to try and stir up emotions. The post on the Body Blast rotation thread certainly stirred up some powerful emotions, but who are we to judge what the poster originally intended? We cannot. And, since no one asked her (she was attacked, but not ASKED what she meant!), we can't really know.

I understand your committment and loyalty to Cathe. I feel the same way!! But I can't in all honestly believe everyone who comes on here and posts a concern over the DVD's, or other things, is out to make Cathe or SNM look bad, or is losing faith in them as one person suggested. We're human beings. We get worried and anxious over things. For whatever reason, we find it gratifying to post those anxieties or worries here. We shouldn't be condemmned for that. And others shouldn't automatically assume we're either losing faith in Cathe or SNM, or are out to cause trouble when we do post. As I said, it's sometimes difficult to tell what the intentions are with the post, especially if it's someone who doesn't post as often as some of us, and we feel we don't "know" them.

However, I am concerned about the posts I'm seeing here where people are expressing concern that this is not the place to post your opinion, lest it be challenged if it is perceived as reflecting negatively on Cathe or SNM. I was a newcomer once too, and you all welcomed me with open arms. I would hope all would be welcome here, and given a chance at least to show us who they are. We can't see each other on here, and we can't hear the inflections in each others' voices, and it's not always easy to tell exactly what someone means when they post something. Asking for clarification first solves a ton of problems, and can often prevent a thread from getting out of hand.

I know ... I haven't always done that either, but I intend to start. Right now ... today. Won't you join me? Let's make this a forum where newcomers feel welcome! Let's ask first if we don't fully understand what someone has posted. Let's try not to split hairs and pick apart every single word of what someone has posted, putting our own spin on it without first asking if that's what the person meant. After all ... how can we really judge what another person meant? We can't. We have to ask first. You can't take someone else's words and put your own meaning on them. That was done to me just last week, and I can tell you that being on the receiving end of something like that is disheartening and very hurtful. So ... will you join me? I come here often for inspiration, new ideas, and friendship. Let's make it that kind of place all the time, okay? Thanks!!

Carol
:) :) :) :) :)

RE: About all this negative karma flying around here .....

Well said - Carol!!! I'm behind you 100% and plan on welcoming every post with open arms.

I hope everybody had a wonderful holiday last week and get ready for the big one coming soon! :+

Later....Marcia :)

Carol,

Thanks for writing such a thoughtful post! :) I consider myself to be a new Cathe convert and love coming to the forums for ideas, inspiration and good vibes. Your own story of finding good health and fitness was particularly inspiring to me!

It's difficult NOT to become impatient waiting for a shipment of Cathe videos or dvds, isn't it? LOL :) I pre-ordered the bb dvds and know they will arrive eventually, but wish it was sooner than later!

In the meantime, let's keep this place fun and stress free! :)

My Carol, you are one wordy nurse! I think I'm gonna buy you a journal for Christmas; make that two journals. Kidding aside, you expressed yourself well. Alexis

I appreciate your post also Carol because it's one of the reasons I've taken to lurking more than posting for quite some time. This forum use to be a place where everyone felt welcomed all the time, opinions were expressed with respect to both Cathe and the fellow forum users and I found it quite a "shangrala" from the rest of my day and the world.
I loved coming to one place where I could find support and friendship without drama or "catiness" (this isn't a real word is it?), so hopefully the positive message of your post will help others to reflect and bring things back to where they once were.

And as for the waiting time for Cathe's workouts. It really doesn't bother me at all. I know when I pre-order that she gives an "anticipated" date but that things do happen and my being impatient isn't going to change the situation. Every Cathe workout has been worth every single penny I've spent, and every pre-order has been a bargain in my opinion, so I'm quite happy to wait as long as necessary for a quality product that I know I'll get years/decades of use from.

Thanks for trying to bring things around Carol! :D

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

I think it's okay to be worried about a fairly expensive order if you haven't received it and months have gone by. After all, money is money. However, I also am sure that Cathe is doing her best, as are her people. And I think open communication is a key here. I have no doubt Cathe would address any problems head on and would work hard to correct those problems in a timely manner. Cathe is in business to make money, and it would not be in her best interests, remember, to let customers go unsatisfied because they will stop buying from her if she does that. Cathe knows this. And besides, she is an honest person and genuinely wants us to be satisfied with her products and service. So have faith in her! And work WITH her.
I also think that it's key to remember that although we all like to think Cathe is our personal buddy, the fact is most of us are one person in a very, very long list of customers to whom she is trying to provide a service. So let's not whine like we've been stabbed in the back by a lifelong best friend when the occasional glitch occurs. Contact her, be direct, and deal with it.
I know that's harsh, but that's life people. And I am not in a politically correct frame of mind.
And I do agree with other posts about this forum being, let's say, much different than when I first joined 4 years ago. Much less cattiness then I must say. Of course, alot of those people from then are gone now too. :) :) :)
Nancy Confer, Daphne Magnuson, Laura Berk.....Car 54! Where are you?!!
Trevor :)

After I posted the "If I was Cathe.." I was sorry. I have just seen so much negativity lately too, not only on this forum, but others about the DVD's. My heart just goes out to her for putting out such awesome product and the grief and frustraion she must feel. I am normally mostly a lurker, maybe I will go back to that. Anyway, my intentions were not mean, I was just trying to say I am sure she is doing her best, and being supportive of her. I am sorry to everyone.
Lori

Carol and Trevor -- together you said it all. Well done -- I completely agree with you!

Trevor, I was especially struck by your comment "I also think that it's key to remember that although we all like to think Cathe is our personal buddy, the fact is most of us are one person in a very, very long list of customers to whom she is trying to provide a service. So let's not whine like we've been stabbed in the back by a lifelong best friend when the occasional glitch occurs. Contact her, be direct, and deal with it." You are SO right to remind us all of this, because we do tend to think of Cathe as our friend and personal trainer, and we expect her to react accordingly.

Let's all be nice grownups the way our moms taught us :), and grow older and fitter together!!

http://e4u.deltait.com.au/sport/sport23.gif Kathy S.

Ye, yep, yep! As someone who just posted and inserted her big foot in her bigger mouth, you are so right! One thing I know is that when I make a mistake, the lesson I learn is one I need to learn RIGHT NOW! I love Cathe and SNM and the people of these fourms who are as diverse as can be. I guess it will be okay for me to speak out when I have my life in complete order so that every endeavor goes off without a hitch and I am perfect! Of course, that means you will never hear from me again! (Don't go there, Alexis!;-)) It is important to treat everyone with respect no matter how a post might seem to read! Thanks, Carol, Trevor, and all you insightful, sensible and smart people!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/nosmile/peacesign.gif
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/person/smilejap.gif

Thanks Trevor- I agree totally! Let's put the cattiness aside and not lose perspective...concentrate on why we're here for this specific forum.
:) Brenda

>I appreciate your post also Carol because it's one of the
>reasons I've taken to lurking more than posting for quite some
>time. This forum use to be a place where everyone felt
>welcomed all the time, opinions were expressed with respect to
>both Cathe and the fellow forum users and I found it quite a
>"shangrala" from the rest of my day and the world.
>I loved coming to one place where I could find support and
>friendship without drama or "catiness" (this isn't a real word
>is it?), so hopefully the positive message of your post will
>help others to reflect and bring things back to where they
>once were.
>
Hey Donna!

That is exactly why I have been lurking more than posting for the last few months. It is depressing to see all of this fuss over someone else's comments, etc. Can't stand it. I stresses me out. I was wondering why you, too, had disappeared! Nice to hear from you again. :+

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lach.gif[/img]

Well, since I just signed up a few minutes ago, I don't have a clue yet about all the negative karma, so I guess what I don't know, won't hurt me.
Looks like this will be a good forum to hang around and then I will figure out who is who.

Have a great day!
DBC:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.