A-Jock's HC-"Faux-CTX" 4-week rotation

RE: A-Jock's HC-

I, too, would be interested in the approx. time, and for the same reason! Thanks. leslie

RE: Time for A-Jock's HC-

I'm on my second time with this rotation. Generally, it takes 60 minutes each day. Some days it may take around 75 minues or so. I'm seeing good results with this rotation.

>I'm on my second time with this rotation. Generally, it takes
>60 minutes each day. Some days it may take around 75 minues or
>so. I'm seeing good results with this rotation.

Thanks, Bubbles100. It looks like the timing is perfect for me. Could you let me know what kind of results did you get after you did this rotation?

Thanks, A-Jock. I am doing it in Oct.

WantFit

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ddw98/my_photos

http://wantfit.blogspot.com/

I just now flashed on this revived thread.

You're welcome, WantFit! Glad you're finding the rotation of interest! When I cooked it up I tried to keep the sessions close to an hour but often it was impossible; however, I think the running times came pretty close, and you bang everything in a 6-day cycle.

The CTX format of cardio and targeted weight training in most (if not all) workouts has been one of Cathe's most successful. That's what I tried to mimic here.

Have fun!

A-Jock

Hi WantFit -

After doing the rotation the first time, I noticed definition in my abs and my legs are stronger. DH noticed my body in general was harder. I am on the BFFM program in conjunction with this rotation, which has also contributed to fat loss.

Because of this rotation I was inspired to buy the CTX DVDs, and love them. I did the CTX DVDs after a month on the faux CTX rotation, and now I'm doing A-Jock's rotation again.

Does that answer your questions?

Bubbles100,

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Yes, I loved CTX. That was DVD I bought soon after I started Cathe's workout. I am two kids mom, very crunch in time. Like Cathe mentioned in CTX, I don't want to have excuse for not working out.

I lost 10 lbs so far. I still have 20 lbs to go. My goal is to get my body fat from 27% to 20% by Mar 2006. What a co incident, I just got my BFFM a couple weeks ago. And your results are very encouraging.

Thank you for your sharing.

WantFit

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ddw98/my_photos

http://wantfit.blogspot.com/

Hi again, WantFit! You'll have to change your screen name to "GotFit" pretty soon!

When you're done with the HC-Faux CTX Rotation, please consider my Blast From The Past rotation (you can do a Search on the Rotations forum for these), and my 2/3-week Plie Jack and Plyo Lunge rotation for some serious cardio combined with mid- to upper-margin strength training.

Also, regardless of which rotation you choose, I'll suggest a couple of good top-drawer things:

Circuit Max with barbell squat and lunge sequences only (no compound upper/lower body stuff) (Make barbell the heaviest you can safely hike over your head 6 times); and after the 6th resistance cycle, flip over to the Cardio Kicks power drills segment - do that, and then pump out 20 each squats, plie squats and lunges. I promise you will breathe and sweat like never before - keep a full container of ice water and a towel handy because you're gonna need 'em.

Do a search on the Open Discussion forum for "Satan's Mish-Mosh", which I believe is my best mish-mosh ever. This one needs all your oxygen and energy.

A no-brainer way to juice up any cardio workout is to stick the Boot Camp cardio only premix at the end, or the hi/lo segment of the CTX 10-10-10 workout as an intensity blast.

HTH -

A-Jock

Thanks Bubbles for the answer to the time question and the info on your great results!! I just started the BFFM program too...for muscle gains (although I find it is not too much different then the way I already eat except maybe less calories...I had to adjust that a bit or I'll end up geting too skinny). Anyway, I am planning on doing another "One body part a week rotation" in October as soon as Debbie post's it (I've had fantastic results with her previous rotation) then I want to try this one. I think mixing it up will be good.:)

Thanks again,
Robin:9

Hi,
I was just looking at some of your rotations and they look awesome. I love how you combine all these workouts together. I recently started doing 2 workouts a day. I usually always try to do my weights in the morning and cardio in the evening. I find my energy level is way up in the evening time for cardio. Your rotations fit well for doing weights in the am and cardio in the pm. I just had a question... I have most all of the workouts in all of your rotations except circuit max and HC extreme. What workouts do you suggest to do in place of those?
Now I have to decide which rotation to do for next month.:)

Thanks, Michelle

Hi, Michelle! Boy, that's a toughie, what to substitute for Circuit Max and HC Extreme.

For Circuit Max (at least my souped-up version, in which you perform the resistance cycles strictly with barbell squats, plie squats and lunges), you could substitute my newer mish-moshes "Satan's Mish-Mosh" and its country cousin "Beelzebub's Mish-Mosh". I'll bump up the thread entitled "Beelzebub's Mish-Mosh" on the OPEN DISCUSSION forum for quick reference. They are step-, Boot-Camp-, and floor circuit workouts that are just total nosebleeds. You may want to add on I-max 2's blasts 2, 5, 8, and 9 at the end after the Gauntlet segments (when you read the MMs you'll see what I mean); I call that little addendum "Satan's Mish-Mosh with a Tail".

For HC Extreme, substitutions would depend on which HC Extreme workout you're using; one of them is a circuit-style workout, and the other two are strictly cardio with step and floor work. For the circuit-style workout, I'd suggest either Gauntlet as produced or the Viper from the Terminator (Intensity Series) DVD. For the cardio, I'd suggest doing Low Max warm-up and blast-only premix, followed by I-max 3 blast-only premix. OR, do I-max 3 warm-up and blast-only premix, followed by the Kick Max Boot Camp challenge. OR . . .

.. .

the possibilities are endless.

I'll bump up the Beelzebub thread for you on Open Discussion. That'll give you some ideas.

A-Jock

Okay, Michelle, I'm a total dope. I just now bumped the Beelzebub thingie, and I see it calls for Circuit Max, which you've already said you don't have.

Instead of the Circuit Max stuff, put in the CTX Power Circuit circuit segment.

A-Jock

Thanks! Much appreciated. I think I will start one of your rotations Monday. Thanks for taking the time to make these.

Michelle:)

Hi, WantFit - sorry this response took so long; I just got back from vacay a couple hours ago.

I miswrote when I called the Blast Challenge "Boot Camp" on Kickmax / KM. I meant "blast challenge". Of course, if you have the time and the mojo you can do a few of the blasts or the whole thing as an added kicker if you want.

A-Jock

No problem, A-Jock. Thanks for your clarification.

I enjoy this rotation very much.

Hi, A-Jock.

Thank you so much for this rotation. I'm enjoying it immensely, and I'm seeing great results overall. :)

I'm now on Week 4 (and what a nasty-looking week it is}( ), and I have a question about Day 4. For GS Legs, you have "standing/floor long-lever work only". Please, please clarify!

Thank you, and please keep the challenges coming!

Raquel

Raquel - for simplicity's sake, you can just go to the Chapter section and head straight for the "Floorwork" segment and do the whole thing. (Beware what you ask for . . . ) You may be standing, you may be lying down, but you'll never stop working!

Wantfit - the way HC-EX2 is organized, I don't think you need to worry about skipping any one specific segment. You can just start the program, keep an eye on the clock and stop after 40 minutes.

A-Jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.