a good reminder to get your yearly mammogram

owhynot

Cathlete
I normally don't like to tell things like this until months or years have past. Because of what has happen to me, I want to tell you and I want you to tell your friends to get their yearly mammogram.

I had mine done Oct 9th. My doctor called me and they wanted more views of the left side. They came back showing something. I had a biopsy done and I have breast cancer. The good news is it was caught very early and I only need a lumpectomy with radiation. My surgery is November 4th.

Thank you for sharing your story, it's very personal and can't be easy to share, you never know the lives you will save with just this one post. I am so sorry to hear of the bad news, but thank goodness they caught it when they did.

Christina,
Thank you for sharing, and thank you for the important reminder.
Sending you some healing vibes for a safe surgery and quick recovery.

Thank you for being brave enough to share with us! This must be a very scary time for you. Sending prayers up that all goes well!

I normally don't like to tell things like this until months or years have past. Because of what has happen to me, I want to tell you and I want you to tell your friends to get their yearly mammogram.

I had mine done Oct 9th. My doctor called me and they wanted more views of the left side. They came back showing something. I had a biopsy done and I have breast cancer. The good news is it was caught very early and I only need a lumpectomy with radiation. My surgery is November 4th.

Oh dear f**k. I'm so sorry, Weener. And I'm really glad it was caught early. Please let us know how it goes.

All the best to you. My mom was just diagnosed too ... she had her lumpectomy on Oct. 15 and starts radiation Nov. 3. They caught hers early also. I'm glad they caught it early, weener ... with everything I'm reading these days about mammograms being inaccurate/misleading, it is great to see that the system worked for you. Now I have to go book my annual mammogram!

Stebby

I was afraid to open this post, based on the title. ;( Christina, just like everybody else said, my thoughts are with you and I'm super happy that they found it early. Thanks for spreading the word on the importance of the check ups. And if you need a giggle to brighten your spirits, just remember our random driving from the airport to Cathe's gym that was supposed to take us about 15 minutes.....took us over AN HOUR. I've bought a GPS since that RT, by the way! :) :) :)

Christina,
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but I'm glad it was caught early. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

My sister had her first mammo at age 50 and they found cancer. She was treated, and 15 years later she's doing fabulously. If she hadn't had the mammogram, the outcome could have been a lot different. So get your mammograms, ladies!

I hope all goes well with your surgery on the 4th. Stay strong and heal fast!

Christina~

((((Hugs))))) to you! So sorry about your diagnosis, but like others have said, so glad it was caught in the early stage. I pray that all goes well and thank you for sharing your experience and reminding others to not forget their
mammogram.

Christina,

Soooo sorry to hear this-- but glad it was caught early. I definitely get my yearly mamogram, especially since my dad had breast cancer this year and had a mastectomy. :eek: Positive vibes and prayers to you. I hope you recover quickly!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you so much for sharing this very important reminder with us. Please keep us posted, as I'm sure we are all pulling for you.

Hi Christina,

Sending lots more ((((((hugs)))))) and good wishes your way!! Thank you for your mammogram reminder--you are very sweet to be thinking of others when you're going thru a scary time yourself.

Hoping your recovery goes speedily so you can enjoy Cathe's new workouts that much sooner!!

Christina,
{{{{{hugs}}}} Thank you for the reminder. Mammograms save lives.Sorry about your diagnosis but glad it was caught early. You will be in my prayers.

Thank you everyone!! All your replies mean so much to me.

The surgeon I'm seeing is so nice. She explained everything to me and what will be done. I told her I don't care what she has to do, I don't care about scars, I don't care if I have a indent, just take the bad stuff out and the surrounding area.

She normally doesn't do surgery's on Tuesday and Thursday since those are office days. But since they are booked up, she re-arranged her schedule so I can have my surgery on the 4th. How awesome is that?

Christina,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers and please keep us posted on how you are doing!!!

Take care and we'll be thinking about you on the 4th. Sounds like you have an awesome doctor which can make a world of difference!

Christina,

I'm so glad it was detected early!!! I will be thinking of you on the 4th.

I don't actually need to remember to get my mammogram as the imaging center sends me a little reminder postcard every year, which is nice....cuz I probably wouldn't remember!! :p Also, my GYN always asks me if I've done it yet too. :D

Thinking of you today Christina!! Hoping all goes smoothly for you and that you'll be on road to recovery very soon. Take care of yourself~

Wow

Christina,
I can't believe I just read this! I just turned 40 last month and went for my mamogram this past Monday. I thought it was going to be just routine. I actually had a mamogram to use as a baseline when I was 37, so this was actually my second mamogram. Imagine my suprise when the phone rang on Tuesday to say that they have noticed some changes and want to do another mamogram and an ultrasound tommorow (Friday). I'm trying to not freak out.

I'm so glad that your's was caught early! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Elena

Everything went fine

Elena, I know this is easier said than done, but don't freak out - sometimes mammograms find something and after another look, things are fine. I hope everything goes well for you.

I got home about 30 minutes ago and the surgery went fine. I had an MRI on Tuesday to check both breasts. The right side is fine - the left side they found a little more of something by the clip that was inserted when I had my biopsy. I will find out more next week at my follow up appt. I start radiation next month - the area needs to heal first. Everyone has been so very nice and very helpful. There is a big support group to help people deal with this. I have a lot to be thankful for since this was caught very early. I hope this is the end and it will go away now and leave me alone :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.