A complete Low Impact series please please please

Yes to Low Impact High Intensity!

I love the Low Impact Cardio Shock series idea! Also could include weight training with various mixes, like Cross Trainer or Timesaver series. Awesome! I'll pre-order, of course!

Count me in!! I can't do all of the jumping around in the new series and am trying to do all of my own modifiers (I too don't understand why having modifiers in the video, or as a separate chapter is such a monumental request, but....). Air jacks? Not a chance. All the twisty, jumpy stuff - not unless I'm aiming for surgery soon. All of the super-high impact just isn't even necessary to get your heart rate up. So I, too, would love to see a series that focuses on the low impact stuff and recognizes I don't have spring-loaded floor either! Oh, and keeping space constraints in mind, as well. Most of us don't have a studio-sized room to work out in and so many of the videos require a ton of space. Thanks!!!

Count me in!

I would LOVE low impact workouts as well. I'd love to see functional movements, a circuit workout using a medicine ball and/or band work. Low Max is one of my favorites, but I'd prefer a format more like Imax 2 where there's less repetiveness (sp?). As I age, I'm afraid to continue putting stress and pressure on my joints but I still want to stay in shape. Something with Cathe's toughness yet joint-friendly would be totally awesome!

ITA

I sooo agree. Heck, I have to modify Shock Cardio so much it isn't much fun. I'd gladly sell it off to obtain a low impact Shock Cardio. Deb

Low Impact - High Intensity---PLEASE!

I am 46 and my low back is failing- spinal stenosis, DDD, bulging discs. I want to be as fit as possible as I age and I'm willing to put in the time and sweat to stay healthy and strong. The series these Cathletes are requesting is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I want to jump, plyo, etc., but I can't without risking my long term health and fitness. Please help, Cathe.

I would love other workout options with low impact/HIGH INTENSITY. I want to get my heart rate up while protecting my knees and other joints. It seems like the SC series depends almost entirely on jumps to get the heart rate up. I simply cannot do this.

I was wondering if a step/kickbox workout might be an option. The use of a step would intensify the kickbox moves. In Step, Jump, Pump there is a segment where Cathe does step kickbox moves that are easily modifiable to low impact. It is so much fun and is done with "Kung Fu Fighting" music. It gets my heart rate up everytime, puts a smile on my face, and protects my knees (I do modify out any jumps, which there aren't many of).

I'd love some workouts like the ones mentioned in this thread. Please, Cathe, use movements other than jumping and high impact to get the heart rate up.

I love Cathe’s workouts. I love her style, her energy, her enthusiasm, and all the choices she has given us. I especially love her way of encouraging us “work-work”. :p

I would love a series where I would not have to modify. Workouts that I could do “just like Cathe”. I would feel so empowered. :cool:

Maybe creating a low impact series or just a couple of workouts could bring in a new group of Cathlete’s? If there were low impact workouts using Cathe’s methods and style this could teach people the correct way to modify some of Cathe’s high impact workouts.

Intensity junkies can always modify up. ;)

Please...

I vote for this as well. I have been a Cathe fan for years but at 40 years old my joints are asking me to be nicer to them. Just previewing Shock Cardio makes my joints cringe. I would preorder in a heart beat. I've previewed several of the Shock Cardio dvds to see if I could modify the movements but I would have to modify so much, that I believe that I would not be able to keep pace and would not enjoy the workout. Please Cathe some of your customer base is older and have to take some precautions when it comes to exercise.

Low Impact with High Intensity

Hi Cathe,

Please produce some low-impact high-intensity total-body 60-minute workouts with weights (Low Impact Circuit is awesome) very soon! And with premixes too, please.

Lately, every time I work out, I reach for cardio workouts which include weights. (I even picked up a kettlebell just in case you use it for toning in the future!)

Thanks for listening!
Betty

Last edited:
How about more non-step high intensity low impact cardio workouts such as Low Impact HIIT and bootcamp style workouts. Did I say more? Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I don't think there are any!

Hi! I typically don't 'jump' at low impact (pun intended) because I am very fortunate in that my joints and feet can handle lots of high impact. That said, I thoroughly enjoy Low Max, Low Impact Circuit, 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step, and the Shock Cardio MMA Workouts. So, I guess what I'm saying is I, too, would preorder a lower impact series. I would prefer to have a series mixing high and low impact workouts (like an Imax 4 and a Low Max 2), but if Cathe did an all-low impact series, I'd love to see:

Low Max 2

Body Weight Blast - this would be a body weight only strength workout (with moves like air squats, body weight lunges, pushups, planks, dips, pull-ups, etc. (Peraps this could be put on the same DVD as Low Max 2 so that there could be some circuit premixes combining the two workouts.)

Low Impact High Step Circuit - a high step workout mixing low impact step combos using the high step and lower & upper body strength moves using the high step. (And there could be premixes such as upper body circuit, lower body circuit, cardio only, weights only, etc.)

MMA: KP&C - this would be a kickboxing workout featuring intense low impact kicking and punching combos and a tough core section.

Ditto! I,too, am fortunate so far but I'm getting closer to 50 every day and since I want to keep working out with you 'til I'm 80, I am going to have to dial it down one of these days. I would absolutely love a set like this.

I agree as well. My knees just can't take it anymore.I am 42 and just wonder what my knees will be like when I am 60. I would like another step workout without all the high impact. Actually any workout without high impact.
I also liked the idea of a low impact high intensity med ball workout.

Please Cathe!

Yes, yes, YES!!!

Oh abso-freakin-lootly I would buy a series entirely built on low impact/knee friendly yet high intensity exercises. Ive been a Cathe exerciser since Step N Motion days and have wound up with a right knee osteotomy reconstruction(to avoid having a total knee done) plus bilateral hip replacements(Birmingham type hips). I have had to develop my own modifiers as well and, as much as I would love to one day be able to do the high impact stuff, I fear I am kidding meself! Lets face it, folks, Cathe isn't getting any younger either and I recently read that she had a knee surgery of her own in '06. Perhaps low impct is the next route to go, simply because, as we age we ALL have to be a little more aware. I will fight it till the day I die, but I certainly want to stay IN the fight and not out on the fringes getting soft. BTW, Cathe, my orthopedic surgeon told me I had incredible bone density...quite unexpected in a 54 yo white female eastern european descent! That is thanks to YOU!

I'm another one who would jump on a low impact series! I have injured my lower back a few months back (not during a workout) and have not been able to do high impact work since....:(

An additional feature this series could have is focus on other issues connected with why some people can't do high impact, like low back issues and stuff like that, so even the weight portions of the workout series could focus on most strain free exercises (like doing back exercises that don't require bending over) and other things like that. And exercises that could help better or fix those issues to help recovery. A sports medicine of sorts inspired workout series.

I would go for it too, as long as it's high intensity. Sometimes your body just needs a little rest from the impact.

I know most of you will disagree with me on this, but I don't mind the fact that there's no modifier because it pushes me to try the Cathe's version. It's just sort of a mental thing for me. She often mentions modifications, but if I don't see it, I'm less tempted to opt out of trying the higher impact version. But I'm probably in the minority on this.

Jane

I do, I do!!

Low Impact, High intensity would be great! I have a step (in fact, I ordered it from cathe over a year ago), but unfortunately, I don't have any space (at the time I ordered it, there was some space for a few months, but with a family member in the basement, I'd have to do any step in my bedroom--which is small).

Plus, I have to watch my lower back. Thanks for posting this.

me too!

I would love to see a 'low impact high intensity' series too. Love Cathe and the workouts but low impact is much friendlier on the joints. Low impact step and kickbox workouts would be great!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.