A complete Low Impact series please please please

mjd

Cathlete
How about a whole series of HIGH intensity LOW impact stuff, including cardio step, cardio non-step (kickboxing, MMA etc) as well as circuit style routines. How about Shock Cardio Low Impact. I am new to this forum and a fairly recent Cathe convert but am disappointed at not being able to do a lot of the workouts due to them mostly being high impact and (very disappointingly) there being no modifiers :)confused: still completely baffled by that one). Apart from Low Impact Circuit and Low Max, anything low impact seems to be geared more toward the beginner exerciser. Just because we don't like to jump, doesn't mean we want low intensity! My knees are shot due to all the high impact routines I did in my 20's and 30's while training to be a fitness instructor and I don't want to be looking at surgery any time soon. Gyms usually have fully sprung floors in their group fitness rooms that help cushion any impact but I'm sure most of us don't have the same type of flooring in our home workout space!

So Cathe, SNM, whoever makes the decisions...you will make SO MANY people happy, widen your fan-base, encourage MORE people to take up and continue to exercise (and make yourselves so much more $$$!!!) by having more options for those of us who can't or don't want to do high impact routines.

Our knees will thank you!

Please, anyone reading this who wants to see Cathe make a Low Impact Shock Cardio type series, get typing so we can be "heard"!

PLEASE CATHE PLEAASSSEEEE!!!!!
(If there was a begging emoticon, it would go right here)

Last edited:
I am also baffled by the fact that her DVDs dont have a single modifier. It actually really sort of ticks me off. I love the intensity of her stuff, but there are times when modifications are necessary, and I dont like to make my own up. Grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

ITA! I did not purchase Shock Cardio for those reasons. Too hi impact and no modifier. It was a deal breaker for me. I am actually a long time Cathe fan and supporter and cannot do hi impact any longer nor do I want to. My knees are fine and I plan on keeping them that way. Love LowMax and LIC and some others but no longer do my hi impact workouts. Still do Cathe for strength but have been looking elsewhere for cardio. Hope someone hears us!

LIC is my all time favorite workout DVD! I would love to see a whole series with low impact!
Colleen

Hi Cathe and SNM

I would also love and would BUY a low-impact series of workouts. i have been exercising with you since you produced MIS and MIC. I am 45 years old and am starting to have knee issues and am no longer able to do your high impact cardio (says orthopaedic surgeon). I was disappointed in your new offering that there was so much jumping/high impact. It does not look like you have a modifier also in these new DVDs. Please realize some of us have been with you for years but are unable to physically keep up with you and would like to continue to buy your products.
Thanks for listening
Jen

Me too! I would love a low impact series. Something like Cross Train Express or 4-day split, but entirely low impact - I would preorder it in a second!

Working out with Cathe since Step & Motion I, I now need low impact workouts due to back issues. I am requesting that you do a series on Low Impact workouts with light weights. I haven't purchased STS and am not planning on purchasing the new series either. My body cannot take all that impact and high weights. I would definitely buy any series of entire low impact workouts. thanks, maryann

LOVE that idea! If anyone could do that, it would be Cathe.

One of the workouts could include cardio with the med ball, some MMA, Bosu, etc.

How about a whole series of HIGH intensity LOW impact stuff, including cardio step, cardio non-step (kickboxing, MMA etc) as well as circuit style routines. How about Shock Cardio Low Impact. I am new to this forum and a fairly recent Cathe convert but am disappointed at not being able to do a lot of the workouts due to them mostly being high impact and (very disappointingly) there being no modifiers :)confused: still completely baffled by that one). Apart from Low Impact Circuit and Low Max, anything low impact seems to be geared more toward the beginner exerciser. Just because we don't like to jump, doesn't mean we want low intensity! My knees are shot due to all the high impact routines I did in my 20's and 30's while training to be a fitness instructor and I don't want to be looking at surgery any time soon. Gyms usually have fully sprung floors in their group fitness rooms that help cushion any impact but I'm sure most of us don't have the same type of flooring in our home workout space!

So Cathe, SNM, whoever makes the decisions...you will make SO MANY people happy, widen your fan-base, encourage MORE people to take up and continue to exercise (and make yourselves so much more $$$!!!) by having more options for those of us who can't or don't want to do high impact routines.

Our knees will thank you!

Please, anyone reading this who wants to see Cathe make a Low Impact Shock Cardio type series, get typing so we can be "heard"!

PLEASE CATHE PLEAASSSEEEE!!!!!
(If there was a begging emoticon, it would go right here)

This is a FANTASTIC idea! I do LOVE high impact but my feet don't...They hurt from all the jumping, even with new shoes and insoles. I'd love a low impact high intensity series.

More Support for Low Impact Series

I would like to add my voice in support of this request.

I have every Cathe DVD produced and I will say that her more recent videos are easier to modify for LI than the earlier ones. It took me really a couple of years to know each DVD well enough so I could confidently modify as I went along without the help of a modifier in the cast.

I was a gymnast as a girl and a professional dancer until my early 30s. I'm 42 now and pretty much everything is shot - feet, knees, hips. :eek: It is an advantage of my dance training and also several years I taught aerobics that I can figure out modifications pretty quickly, but I think for most exercisers a modifier and some supplemental cueing would really be helpful.

I would love to see a CTX-type of series, perhaps with some additional premixes that give circuit options etc., targeted for the LI/high intensity exerciser. For the weights, a band/tubing option could be provided for folks who want to keep the weights lower, minimize equipment expense, or work with resistance in a different way.

I am 33 and already have issues with my feet and left hip. I like the high impact stuff, but I would absolutely LOVE a total low impact cardio series. I too would preorder in a second. Shock Cardio: Low Impact, cha-ching, cha-ching!!! Please, please, pretty please!!!!

Yes, low-to-moderate impact, HIGH INTENSITY! (Kickboxing can be that way very easily, without adding in jumps and hops and jacks and such). So can floor cardio using a med ball and large ROM.

I'm on board for this as well.

Sounds like something for me since my bones are not what they use to be.

Janie

Would also love to see low impact w/high intensity. I haven't done any high impact wo in 3 month, my back is still messed up. I did pre ordered Shock Cardio but don't see myself doing them any time soon. :confused:

Another vote here for a low impact.
I would love something I could actually do just like Cathe - :rolleyes: with out modifying so much. Sometimes I feel that I am doing another workout entirely. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.