50 and over week of January 3 check in

Hi, Y'All.

Well, I just finished Disc 3 Legs without the bonus. :eek: Then I followed it with Total Body Stretching #1, Basic Stretching. Can you say "shaking muscles"? Anyway, at least I got through it after this long time off.

We did get some snow, it was a little more than a dusting, but didn't look like 2 inches. Now it is just about gone.

Linda, I am convinced that each of us has to deal with the issue of food in our own ways. I am beginning a combination of Paul McKenna's "I Can Make You Thin," and The Eating Well plan. I still use recipes from South Beach Diet, but not exclusively. I am looking for something that I can realistically live with.

Everyone have a great day.

Magnolia

I did disc 3 as well today. I started doing the bonus legs got to the part where you are to put the paper plate on the side of you leg then raise your leg... I've done this workout 3 times now and still can not do that :( I use a frizzbee and it's a bit heavier than a paper plate but, still - :( And the wall squats got me today. :eek:

I did the bonus part of Disc 3 and had problems keeping the paper plate on my leg too...it just kept falling off. I agree that the wall squats are killers...I didn't use any weights with this one and it was so not any fun to do.

Hi, Y'All.

You know, I always disliked working out with a resistance band until I did these workouts. It's unbelievable to me that I really enjoy doing the firewalkers, but I do! Those paper plate moves make me a little nervous. I got some of the discs that they use to move heavy furniture, and those seem to work better for me, but I doubt I could keep one of those puppies on my leg during those leg raises.

Magnolia

Need a shot of motivation

It's 6:30 and I still haven't done disc 3. I have been dressed and ready since this morning but have been working instead at the computer and housework--

You guys sound like you had so much fun with it that I am just going to go ahead and get it done!!

Linda, I had the same problem with ww-- I like to know calories- I got a program called calorie king that I downloaded and it is easy to use and frequently updates the database. so everytime I enter a bread, for example, I can usually find exactly which one I ate-- It also track the nutrients so I can tell if I am doing the low carb thing how I am doing--But I think Magnolia is right, everyone has to figure out what works for them. For me, no matter what I do, I still have to exercise control and that is hard!!!

Well, I am off to find my paper plates!!

Good evening, Everyone.

My son called a couple of hours ago. They diagnosed my DIL with pancreatic cancer. They did not give any prognosis, but she has to see the oncologist on Monday. I tried to read some articles on Web MD, but I really had to stop. I told my son that we would just take this one step at a time, and I realized that I need to follow my own advice.

Magnolia

Oh Magnolia. I am so sorry. You are absolutely right. One step at a time. I will say prayers for all of you. Please keep us updated. many many hugs.

Magnolia,

My prayers are with you. I am very thankful they finally have a diagnosis and treatment can get started. Joan

Magnolia

Just know that you and your family have prayers being sent from Florida. At least now with a diagnosis, as Joan said, they can start treatment. Like you said, one step at a time!! God Bless! Beth

Hi ladies,

I finally finished disc 3 with bonus. I had to stop several times to answer phone etc but decided to finish it no matter what.

Jann Double sided tape works wonders on the paper plate exercises.:D

I have the heavier glide disc and don't even try to balance it. I don't have any available wall space in my office so I don't have to do wall squats.

Joan

Joan Double sided tape -- I like it!! :p

I can defiantly feel something in the ol'butt and legs today. Good workout!!

Good morning, all.

Thanks so much for your prayers and kind words of support. I appreciate them more than I can ever tell you.

Wow, are my behind and hamstrings sore today! I felt it coming on last night before bed and started the Advil. Don't know what I am doing today, workout-wise, but probably should work some of this soreness out. Besides, the endorphins that come from exercise can help a person to cope with things, and one of the many reasons I work out is to help me get a good night's sleep, too.

That double-stick tape sounds great to me, too, Joan!

Have a great day, my friends.

Magnolia

I just finished Step Moves. I was doing so well until the third combo then I was so confused :confused: I never got it I was always on the wrong foot. Attempted yoga abs couldn't do all that rolling onto my back with my stitches there -- so I made up my own ab routine for today.
Time to get errands done. Have a great day ladies! :)

Hi everyone,

It is so cold today I didn't want to get out of bed. My office and master bedroom are downstairs and it is always colder there.

No wo yet. Calories used Friday are 1855 and eaten were 1415. I was hungry and added a 150 calorie bar late or it would have been better.

Joan

Hi everyone,

I've been busy running errands today. I did Step Moves and STS Yoga Inspired Abs this morning. I did much better with the Step Moves workout...I started running into trouble when all the combinations were thrown in together...my mind was fatigued and I couldn't remember what step came next. It didn't help that my youngest cat decided to jump on top of the TV, sit with his back to me with his tail hanging down swhishing back and forth in front of the TV screen like a windshield wiper. I couldn't see what Cathe was doing so it was hard to follow. I think another 2 trys and Step Moves will become one of my favorites.

Magnolia - I am so sorry to hear about your DIL's illness. What devastating news. Exercise is a great way to cope with all stressors. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

I've used many different ways of watching my calorie count....I have a program I can use on my PDA, on my computer, I've used the Daily Plate on-line. I think I'm just lazy with the data entry aspect of it. For some reason writing it on paper makes a mind/body connection for me. We'll see how I feel about that in a few week. If this doesn't work, I might look into the Cathe's Nutrition Software.

Hope you all have a great evening.

I used Cathe's nutritional software for a year. I really liked it and had most of my food choices entered. Dollar wise I couldn't justify, not to say I won't change my mind. :p I really liked the fact it shows the nutrients and vitamins in foods that is a real plus. And I could copy and paste meals, hmmm.

I use a software called Diet and Exercise on my pc/pda.

oh magnolia, i am so sorry. i will pray for her. what is her name?

hey, i never thought of double sided tape. ya'll cheated.:)

did total body time crunch w/heavy wts. and added 3 sets of squats w/63# barbell
and , 2 sets 1 legged squats w/40#.
then, had a migraine all afternoon. ick!
ya'll have a nice weekend.

I did Step Moves and have decided I am way too uncoordinated to do this any time soon. It didn't help that I couldn't concentrate on it. I forgot I also had to do abs so I will add them in tomorrow.

I almost think I should have done the nutrition month to month instead of for a year. It seems like I am only good about posting for 5-6 months a year. It would be cheaper to pay for only what I use. Since I did pay for the whole year I better be a little more dedicated this year. I really would like to lose all the extra weight before I hit 60.

Joan

Hi Ladies! Sorry to be AWOL again! I was really concentrating on that diet and my workouts. So, my computer time was limited. Also, getting files ready for taxes and of course our "lovely" snow and ice (NOT)that is still hanging around. We have not been above freezing since last Thurs. when all that happened. And hubby home, kid out of school, ya'll know the drill.

I actually lost 2lbs. and 1 inch on that diet, but it was very hard. I managed to follow Cathe's rotation to the letter this week, and hope to do so next week.

Hope every one has a great Sunday!

Deb

Hi, Y'All!

Deb, congrats on the wt. loss.

Thanks, Cathy. My DIL's name is Wende. Wende's mother is checking into some hospitals/clinics that specialize in her kind of cancer. She's found several possibilities, on of which is in Arizona. Whatever it takes.

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.