50 and over week of January 3 check in

Jann, Don't I wish, I would shovel the whole neighborhood if that were the case. 10lbs was a guess. I just shoveled a long 2 lane drive way and burned 200 calories. It felt like a lot more. I forgot to tell you I did hit a $20,000 royal and a $4200 royal. Unfortunately I'm not $24200 ahead but I kept most of it.

Joan

$20,000.00 then $4,200.00
1.gif
I wanna go with YOU next time! :D

HOLY FRIJOLES!!!!! i do not remember staying power (the new tracie long), being that hard. i am fried. although, like a dummy i did jiggle free arms before SP, cuz as i said , i don't remember it being that hard. i won't make that mistake again.

i love her new workouts. great work, not killer on your old body. if you like tracie, you will proabably like them. they are kinda a combination of AWT, sports drills, core, and little of the stuff from the TLT's, ( i think, are those the ones w/ SIM, EFM, etc.)

they are hard, but not where they kill you and very easy to modify if you can't do any hi impact. there is not alot of hi impact anyway.

just some info for ya'll that may be interested in them

ok, i think we are in canada today. wind chill here is 21'. ok ok, i know ya'll in canada think that is funny. but, that is COLD for s. texas:)

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, welcome back! Congrats on the wins (my MIL wants to go with you next time!)

Cathy, glad you liked Circuit Blast. As for us, it will be in the low 20s tonight, the high for today was about 35. Love my flannel pjs!

No word from test results for DIL. I keep telling myself that no news is good news, or at least they are being thorough. My Franciscan friar friend is getting in touch with DS. He's one of the most wonderful friends this family has, and I know he will help DS immensely.

I was planning to start with HiiT today, but so many things got in the way! We are expecting 2 inches of snow tonight, so I am between a bunch of fast errands. I like Joan's idea of just starting where y'all are in the current rotation, but like you, Jann, I think I will throw in some other cardios now and then. Anyway, I can probably keep up until the planned winter vacation we are taking. I bought a volume of Cardio Coach to take with me, too. Should be interesting.

Have a great day, everyone, and please stay warm!

Magnolia

where are you again, magnolia? that is about what ours is gonna be. in the teens tomorrow nite, they say. ick!!!!

Good afternoon everyone,

My husband's surgery went well today. The hardest part for me was getting him out of the car and into the house. He was still very groggy so I sat him on the couch in the family room and made him as comfortable as possible. There was no way I could get him upstairs and into bed. He's so much more bigger than I....he's 6' and I'm 5' 1". Anyway....I ran out and got his pain medication from the pharmacy and when I got back home he started feeling more like himself and we got him to bed.

I was able to do MMA: Boxing but felt like I was going through the motion and not really getting into it...I was already tired....but I did it. Guess what I didn't do....no jumping. I figured as long as I'm moving it counts. I think next time I do this I'll wear weighted gloves too.

Joan - wow...you won all that money! You are a very lucky person...sounds like you had fun.

Magnolia - Hoping the best for your DIL.

Someone asked if I was updating my 1RMS? I am making the changes...I'm using my #s from last year but also going conservative on the weights this week to determine where I'm weak and strong.

We are expecting about 1-2 inches of snow tonight and of course it is cold, although today is not too bad without the wind. Right now it is 37 degrees.

Anyway...I'll be catering to my husband for the next couple of days making sure he follows doctor's orders.

Last edited:
Linda good news on your husbands surgery. :) Taking care of husbands can be a LOT of work -- I know ;) Pulling a rotator cuff can really hurt it must be very painful to have surgery. Prayers for a speedy recovery!
Hey I am 5'1 also!!

I hope you get good news soon Magnolia about your DIL. [[hugs]]
We just started on Monday... jump in on week two!! :D

Hi, Y'All!

Cathy, I'm a native Georgian (Marietta-Atlanta area), who now lives in New York(! :eek:) My family is all back in Ga., we just got back from Atlanta night before last. Guess what? It was colder in Atlanta last week than it was here in NY!! The day we left to come back, it was 22 degrees at noon there! We are also supposed to get snow here tonight, they are saying anywhere between a "coating" (whatever that is) and 2 inches.

Jann, jumping in on week 2 of Meso 1 sounds good to me. I'm "pumped." Thanks for the kind thoughts. Still no word today. Might call DS tomorrow.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

Hi, again.

Linda, so glad everything went well with your DH. I'm lucky, my DH is about the same size as I am, only a little heavier.

Magnolia

I finally got wo in. I tried Hiit 40-20 and boxing. I could do both because mine only looked like an approximation of Cathe's:(. I would definitely need to move wo upstairs to carpet over wood instead of carpet over concrete and get a better bra. The boxing really hurt my right shoulder so I probably will substitute for that one the next time it is in rotation. I did like the ab section. I will probably only do legs tomorrow and not try to make up the other discs.

Joan

Good morning,

I did Disc 3 this morning. Again I was conservative on the weights and will need to go heavier on some of the exercises.

I've decided that I just cannot do Weight Watchers points. I need numbers in regards to calorie intake....so I'm back to logging #s on a note pad. I think it will be easier and quicker. Plus with weight watchers, 18 - 23 points a day just does not seem like it would add up to enough calories a day.... especially with weight lifting. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode and then have nothing happen....no weight loss and feeling tired.

My husband is up and about. I sound like a broken record...keep your arm in a sling, have you taken advil, are you in pain, where's your ice pack, etc.....

Hope you all have a great day.

Joan 40/20 is a really tough one to begin with!! :eek: I think I said after attempting it I modified so much I am not sure I could say I did it. :D 30/30 is much better and easier to modify.

Linda husbands -- I completely understand. I followed mine around for weeks after surgery too. What we have to do ?? :rolleyes:;):D I don't know how much you like using your computer -- I purchased a software program for entering my calories. I can download it to my pda so it's mobile. I like it. There are a lot of free sites also available. Then pen and paper will never let you down either. :)

Finished shovel max a bit ago and finished reading last nights adventures of the missing cool-downs :rolleyes:, now off to do disc 3.

oh ick, magnolia, sorry :(. just don't think i could take that cold. this is yucky and we only have it for a few days. 24 this morning.

i am so sore today. the hip flexor work in staying power is cool. i REALLY feel it in my hips and legs today. and, of course , my upper body from JFarms. went HEAVY to get to failure, cuz it is a short workout, so i pushed it hard.
ok , today i am gonna try 30/30, hope i make it thru.

Hi ladies,

No wo yet. My shoulder joint is really sore. At least today is legs.

Linda I know I have to use calories rather than points. At least I know the calories of most foods. I use Cathe's nutrition site. It is $99 a year. I'm sure it is too expensive but I like that I can see the breakdown of vit. minerals , etc. I think I am eating better because of it. And on the bad days I know to take a vitamin.:D If you were good at planning ahead or pretty much ate the same thing over a month you could buy it for one month and print out a year's worth of days.

Thursday's calorie burn was 2035 and I ate 1281 calories. I switched my signature to the new start weight of 178 even though I am down to 175 today. I think I need to see the weight loss. 173 was my start weight last year and my previous all time high weight. 178 was really scary.

Please keep me accountable and call me out if I don't post weight each Monday.

For me the calorie burn of each of the two wo- 40/20 and boxing was only about 130 calories.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.