50 and over November check in

Thanks Caitlin - :) When I told my sister the doctor wanted me lose 10 pounds she rolled her eyes. Funny how we see ourselves. I have a lot of muscle and I am diffidently an endomorph:

• Soft and round body
  • Gains muscle and fat very easily
  • Is generally short
  • "Stocky" build
  • Round physique
  • Finds it hard to lose fat
  • Slow metabolism
  • Muscles not so well definded
so I carry weight all over. What bothers me is my fat % -- I need to get that down more the weight,but the doctor sees the scale number. I am 5'2" also! . :rolleyes:
I am still eating too many carbs!!!!! :mad: Most of my overweight is in my waist and that has just happened in the last couple of years. It's just there and won't budge!

I try not to get hung up on weight either. I am 5'2" also and weigh 138lbs. A while ago my doctor told me to lose 20lbs so I switched doctors! Of course I do not recommed this but for me it was the right thing to do. I am 5'2" and far from petite. Very solid is a nice way to put it. I am truly one of those people that really is bigged boned (size 9 shoe and 8 ring @ my height!) Now this sounds like I am bigfoot or something but it all seems to work with my build. I have tons of muscle and wear a size 6. I feel I am very fit and happy with my size. I have my blood suger under control and feel great. Who are you to tell me to lose 20lbs? No desire at my age to be a size 4. Just would not work for me! My new doctor is very pleased with everything I have done and do. So this turned out to be a win win for me.

I found what really helps me with my sugar and weight is to cut carbs. I have not eliminated them completely but always make an effort to be heavy on the protien and veggies and less carbs. Was really hard at first because I love my starch! I also work for an italian restaurant chain that makes out of this world rolls!! :( For exersize I try to do a balance of cardio and weights. I was always a cardio person and only this year added weights and it really has made a huge difference. I am not good 100% of the time and do have cheat days or fall off the wagon. The trick for me is just to pick up and get back on and don't be to hard on myself.

Morning! I am babysitting my GD today. I didn't get up early enough to do cardio -- so it is a rest day -- if chasing a 14 month around is rest - :rolleyes:

Good Morning, Y'All!

I am so sorry to have been totally absent, but am involved with crunch time on the course I am taking. There is so much reading! And I still have a research paper and final exam to go! I go on Facebook mostly to keep up with my son, his new girlfriend (she's nice, thank goodness) and a host of people back in Georgia that I miss. I have missed you all, too, but it has been really crazy here this last month.

Good Old Sandy has been another terrible chapter that has taken up a whole lot of our time. We live on the South Shore of Long Island. We are blessed and lucky that we did not suffer damage to the house (just a piece of fence), but I have one friend who had to move into an apartment because the damage to her house was horrible. It is still standing, but the down stairs flooded, and it is going to take a whole lot of work to make it livable again. She's only one of my many friends who have had severe damage to their houses. We have had to deal with a lot of things I never experienced before, but things are just starting to settle down now. The are still a lot of people who are without electricity and many who are living in tents! (NJ, which was hit hardest).

I have been doing a lot of classic Firms (short ones!), but have decided to mix in some of Cathe's workouts. Not that the Firms aren't challenging, but I think it's good to have a mix. I am even toying with the idea of joining you, Jann, in doing some of the Chalene Extreme workouts. They are fun and challenging. Now that I have been told that I have borderline high blood pressure, and high blood sugar, I think it's time to get and stay really serious about this. It's no longer just a matter of looking good in my jeans, it's my whole quality of life.

Welcome to all our new friends!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Magnolia

If it bothers you, Jann

I know you are physically fit, and it is harder and harder to lose weight when we are over fifty. I am basically a mesomorph with a very fast metabolism, so please don't hate me. After I finish my kickboxing, and I only managed 20 minutes of MMA Fusion; it is the hardest kickboxing routine I have ever done. I plan to add 2 minutes every time I do it. I think I am 5'2" but I could have shrunk, and I am around 115 now and my body mass index is 21. I would like to get down to 110, but I have to eat clean. My dear son says you know are you eating clean when the food does not taste that good. I think he is right. The only carbs you need are from fruits and vegetables, and you don't need rice, pasta or potatoes. This is if you really want to lose weight. You also need lean meat and fish, and nothing fried in oil or butter. This way to lose weight is very hard.

CD...I have the MMA dvds but never could get into them. I did them once and put them aside. I love her other kick box ones and use them regularly in my rotations. After reading your post I may give them another try!

There is the easy one

The middle one where Cathe jumps back and forth, does 360's around, and jumps up high and then low. MMA Fusion is an absolute killer, and I have not completed it yet.

Morning ladies!

Magnolia -- I have been reading some of your posts on FB. I am so very sorry about your friend. I love CLX. It really is my go to system. I am using it once again to do my 1Rm's to get ready for xtrain. I have lost a lot of strength goofing off over the summer. I don't know if you read, I also was told I am pre diabetic. ugh ugh ugh!! :(

Caitlin -- my carb problem is things like vitamuffins, sandwiches (I could live on!!). I don't eat white rice or potatoes or white bread. I needed to stop buying vitamuffins and have. I am using sandwich thins now. I still have cereal for breakfast, Kashia with almond milk.

Lori Size 6 is Very Good! I am still not into single digits -- yet!

OH - an Caitlin -- I don't hate you. :p:D

I am decorating today. So I'll be running up and down the stairs, carrying boxes after boxes. Lifting a lot of stuff. So I decided not to lift the morning. I want to get the decoration done. :)

Have a good one ladies!

Hi ladies!!! So this morning it was Athletic Training then tonight was a quick 2 mile run on the treadmill. I usually walk my 110 lab in the evenings but it is becoming more of a challenge with it being dark when I get home. I have no sidewalks or street lights where I live and people drive like maniacs.

Jann...have fun decorating!

CD..I will try out MMA Fusion this weekend and will let you know how I make out!

Morning 50's+

I like walking Reggie in the morning, lately it's been chilly willy!!

Jumped on the treadmill for some cardio. Now, back to decorating. It is fun!

Morning!

No workout today, driving to Delaware and back. The things I do for dh... :p

Christmas parade tonight taking granddaughter -- can't wait!

Have a great Saturday!

Good morning ladies! Busy day today with errands. Going to fit in To The Max and then taking the dog for a nice long walk. It's snowing here right now so hopefully by the time we are ready to walk it will have stopped.

Have a great Saturday!

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.