40's September thread

Murphy

Cathlete
I did not see a September thread so I started one. I was going to write something about back to school or back to working out (to keep in the back to school mode), but went with something simple. I hope you don't mind.

I did a Michael Olajidae jump rope/ab work out. It was good but my foot started hurting. I guess I pushed it too much.

Roxie - I hope you day got better after the annoying dog. How was the tubing? Happy Birthday.

Murphy

Hi Murphy, thanks for thread. Straightforward ok with me!
Lisa, Exercise, Ballet, Free Full Length Online Barre Workout: Ballet Body - YouTube this is a Jessica Smith ballet workout w/ lt wts. I wonder if it might be something you like? I'm helping a friend today in her house, need to do legs disc and get started on a paper. Visit w/ mom was good but I ate baby ruths and cheeze its for dinner. bullshit.
Lisa, that workout probably has tons of arm stuff you shouldn't do, on second thought.

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Waiting for the rain to clear and youngest DD and her BF to get here and then we are headed to the lake again today, perfect way to spend your birthday.

Murphy-recovered from the dog attack and the tubing was fun.

happy birthday Roxie! Have a great one!

Today, walked 1.5 miles (we walked a mile last night too), did MMA KB, the drills were easier to modify, just didn't jump but did everything else, the last one with the arms clenched overhead and bring down, I did slower, my left shoulder/trap is still a bit touchy, I swear it's worse on left from the nerve damage but can't get anyone in med profession to confirm. During core work, I did my PT core work, there was one I did where you bring your legs up to the weights, I just brought my legs up (leaving arms down) and did the modified version. Must go grocery shopping today, yuck! I will do the rest of my PT exercises later, I always make sure to get them all in eventually.

Jody, that did look interesting w/o, but as it got further in, yea, it looked a little too much so far. I'm learning to be happy to do what I can do, and enjoying feeling like I don't have to push the limit (love that I can't jump). BUt I still feel like I get a good workout and best of all a good emotional workout.

Murphy, I didn't even know it was sept! you need to join the modifiers club!

Hi everyone

Happy Birthday Roxie! The tubing sounded fun. Hope you got some nice presents!

Lisa - sounds like you're in a good workout place at the moment. Glad KB is working out for you. I love it - I find I get a good adrenalin burst from it.

Murphy - do you do that with an actual jump rope or just pretend?

Jody - sounds like the busy times are back again! Well done for keeping up with STS, you're doing brilliantly.

Hi Mary, I bet you've been having fun.

Can't believe it's September. Weather is lovely tho. Got my yoga in yesterday. Did a really slow, relaxing session stretching stuff out. DD had a friend round during the day, then her friend's parents came over to eat and we had a nice time with them.
Today, DH did a 5 mile run with a couple of friends this morning and I looked after all the kids. Then everyone came back here, and we took a picnic to the local park. Took loads of stuff for the kids, swingball, football, outdoor games stuff. Had a really nice day with our friends. They've also been to the States on holiday (East Coast) so we swapped stories.
Two more days of school holidays then it's back to the normal routine.
I'm thinking of starting Cathe's Sept rotation tomorrow. It looks doable.

It does look doable, ronne. Yes I'm keeping up w/ STS. I think I could do it harder and better, well, I think it should be done harder and better to get good results, but I'm hanging in there and getting it done. I've actually gained all my wt back (about 131 again from a low of 123 at end of food delivery and BB) but I'm not blaming my workout program, its all my diet and less daily activities. And no I'm not bursting w/ muscles and wearing a smaller size wt gain, its just plain ole I shouldn't eat so much pizza or peanut butter fat.

Mary, I don't see how you can squeeze in those long workouts w/ your schedule unless you chunk it into body parts. Are you finished w/ M2? I'm done w/ M2W2, I thought we were at about the same point? I am going to finish all three cycles but will do it as I have been which includes some mods here and there.

Lisa, I'm watching another Jessica Smith--she has her Peanut w/ her today. I agree, feel good emotionally w/o injury or debilitating depletion is way to go.

Roxie, I hope you have a great day~

Yeah, that Sept rotation does look doable. I might pull my cardio choices from there this month and do my body parts from sts.

Murphy, nice to see you. I'm reminded that I need to include abs.

Hello

Quiet here today!!

Jody - well, you do what you can and know that you're doing something! I like the cardio days that are left open. I don't have a treadmill or bike so can pick out something I feel like doing.

Just did the Back & Chest segment from 4D S HIS. Bit short of time with DD here and I did the cardio part last week anyway! Been into town to get the last bits and pieces for school.
The weather is gorgeous here. Loving the sunshine!

Hi everyone! I wrote a nice long post and it is somewhere in cyber space! I did disc 22, lots of drop sets. Roxie, how was your birthday? Hope lots of fun with your family! Ronne, sounds like you had another perfect day! You make a picnic sound so idyllic. Jody, I will finish with meso 2 this week, hopefully I will figure out my schedule and be able to do it! Maybe the weekends? Lisa, how are you feeling? Saw your puppy pics on FB, so cute! Murphy, are your kids all ready back in school? Back to work tomorrow, pool party with friends today, but first I need to do a poster on hunters and gatherers with illustrations and captions! Have a good day! Mary

The normal 1.5 mile walk with the dogs. X HS modified :) did my PT core work during the conditioning and core segments (see I have a lot of PT core work, but it's working!), howevver it's leaving my traps in (especially left) in knots so I got desparate and rolled around on the floor with a tennis ball to find the sore spots for trigger release, felt better, but such a pain. I plan to do Cathe on weekends when DH can be the puppy sitter, and just do walks and PT on weekdays. I have all my PT done except for the band work, that gets worked in throughout the day.

Mary, sounds like a fun poster, not. I'm reading up on trigger points. was looking for something that may work better than a tennis ball but don't want to internet surf much longer, unless you all know somethign a tennis ball will have to do. Had DH push that tennis ball into my right trap this morning (had my bone stimulatro on and couldn't take it off), he said he felt like he was hurting me, if only he knew how much pressure I get from rolling on the hardwood floor with it (with pillow under my head). I know you all want to try this now :)

Jody, back to busy days, there needs to be more hours in the day!

Ronne, still a bit hot here, I'm ready for fall weather, but knowing our luck we go from summer to winter then frm winter to summer.

ROxie, how was your big b-day? Mary's is sometime this month too.

Murphy, did you get a w/o in on this labor day holiday? NO big plans here.

Good Evening,

I did Xtrain CB&S Premix 3 Rounds 1-4 then when we got to the lake I did abs from Oxygen magazine while soaking in the rays. I didn't do any tubing today neck, shoulder and back muscles hurt.

Lisa-it was a fabulous day. My GS turns 1 on the 5th.

Hi ladies

Roxie - good workout - especially combining lake with abs!

Lisa - sounds like the PT is really working. I bet we could all do with a bit of that! ;)

Mary - I like drop sets - apart from push-ups! Ah, school homework time again, what joy! Could you squeeze a body part a day in?

Did LM 4–7 premix as my cardio. I'm finding cardio pretty hard at the moment. I was still sweating after my shower!
Last day at home with DD, we've played a few games. I can't believe the summer holidays have finished. It's gone really quickly!

Good Morning,

I did Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast but could only do rounds 1-5 I forgot how tough it was and I didn't have the energy for all of it and then I did Total Body Stretching Basic Stretch.

Ronne-I seem to neglect my abs so what better way to do them. It seems like summer once it started went quickly.

HI all! Quick hello to all! I did disc 23, just one more work out in this meso! Work was fine, it is all the running around after! Had to pick DD up to go to dentist, take her to work, go home, greet little one, go pick up DS from running, work out,now to go make dinner and get ready to do it all again at 5:30 am! Ok, I'm sorry, I'm done ranting. I have to get dinner, I will try to get back for personals, if I don't, I will do better tomorrow! Mary

Hello

Mary - just reading that makes me tired!! Don't know how you manage it all and stay so cheerful!

Lisa - stick with the PT, you know it's worth it.

Roxie - CLB is tough!

Did the whole of 4DS BC. My left wrist is hurting now - I think I must have done something. DD went back to school this morning so I have the house to myself. The good weather is distracting me from work!

Going to tackle a hike with my BFF today 3miles,1500 ft elevation gain. I may be slower but I'll get it done. Too bad it's sooooo hot.

Ronne, I asked about going on once week to PT they said let's do 2this week especially because of the hike and 2 next then reevaluate.

Mary, your life is a workout! :)

Good Morning,

I did Xtrain Bis & Tris Premix 2 but could only do the first 120 crunches my abs are weak I need to strengthen them I may do abs on the boat again, then I went for a 2.0 mile walk outside.

Lisa-the weather here is perfect only 85 degrees tops but its suppose to be a little warmer today. I agree you need PT.

Mary-you are a busy lady.

Ronne-good job with your workout.

Hi girls! Today did AOLIH, fun! Today not as busy, just a meeting after work. Dinner is in the oven! Lisa, how did the hike go? You are getting back to normal! How incredible in just a short amount of time! Ronne, enjoy our quiet time. Hope the wrist is a quick recovery. Mine still hurts with push ups, 2 months later?! I figure, with maturity things are a little slower back to normal! Roxie, how are you? I don't really like doing abs, I kind of avoid them to tell you the truth! Hi to Murphy and Jody! Gotta go get dinner! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.