40's monthly thread until June 30th

Lisa, I don't believe Percocet is too expensive, especially the generic. If the rob axon isn't helping, call the doctors office, maybe they can give you an alternative?

Well, if we are going to confess purchase crimes...I preordered Cathe at the last minute and just ordered a bollywood Doonya plus I signed up for dance again.
Additionally, I'm considering Ultimate Yogi (sale) even though I NEVER do yoga, Body Beast, JNL Fusion, Jillian Body Revolution and KCM and a few more here and there. I think the common motivation is 30 minutes of what sounds effective, do able and appealing. Oh, except the yoga one, I have no idea why that is drawing me but it does.

Hi everyone

Jody - that's funny. I got as far as checkout with 2 of the new ones on preorder then I changed my mind.

Lisa - it is odd how it's always the little things that are the most frustrating. I guess they're the movements we make everyday without thinking but really notice when we can't do them.

Roxie - well, I won't add that one to my wishlist then!

Mary - I always shake after that one. We're going for 18 nights! It's a big place so we need some time. Got all the accommodation booked now, just need to sort out car hire.

Did PUB today. Learning from Xtrain, I didn't wait for Cathe and just got through the reps, adding rests in when I needed them. It worked really well. Also helped me get through those planks at the end! Work very quiet (calm before the storm again!) so I'm going to clean a floor (aren't I good, Mary?!).

Good morning! Today did Tabatacize, was hard today! Ronne, 18 days! Sounds like a dream! I don't think I have ever been away from home for that long, I should put that on my bucket list! Lisa, how are you feeling this morning? Were you able to get some sleep? I imagine that brace would be challenging to sleep, to get comfortable. Jody, the other day at the book store, I saw Insanity, JM revolution, TurboFire, I made myself walk away! Roxie, have you tried the 2nd kickboxing workout with the weights? That one looks kind of fun. Murphy, you out there? Last day of school for the kids, soooooo excited! I'm going to enjoy my last few hours of alone time! Talk to you later, Mary

Mary, actually the brace doesn't bother my sleeping, makes me feel more secure. I sleep good until pain wakes me up, so 3 hr increments. I told pharmacy I would just pay entire cost of percocet, they were supposed to look into something and call me back. Plan for today, lay down, rest, try to relax these muscles. I did get solid food down yesterday, waffle. With my diet and workout(healing) I've probably lost a few lbs. Not the optimal way. :)

I did AB express pm this morn b4 school- 30 min, yea.

Lisa, is there any benefit to pulling out the vitamix? I've been eating pretty well but I ate a hot dog at school cuz it was free. (at least I saved the cookie and chips for kids).

Mary, will the kids be busy this summer? Do you all have anything big planned? Ha, lets all go to Cali and meet Ronne.

Ronne, good strategy on the reps. The longer and harder the workout, the more strategy I have to use to get thru. I liked the 30 min version of AB- I was able to keep up the whole time w/o pacing, I think that will be my go to version of that workout.

Roxie, did you like the other new kcm? VFers seemed to favor it over the kb one. But its like having kids, you can love them in different ways, it doesn't seem fair to compare just because more than one was produced.

Wow, that is a lot of workout philosophy, I must have too much time on my hands today! Hi Murph, are you getting some w/o in?

Good Afternoon,

DH had a 7:20 dentist appt which meant we had to leave home at 6 so I was up at 5 and I am now very tired. I went to youngest dds house and waited for him to get done and then we went out for breakfast with her the bf and his son. We bought a ceiling fan at home depot and dh is installing it now. I probably won't do a workout today.

Jody-I did do her other workout Body Shop and I really loved that one but just not a fan of this KB one.

Mary-I haven't done the second workout yet its on schedule for Monday.

Ronne-Body Shop is good I would definetly get this one.

Lisa-hope you get some pain meds soon.

Wow, all I've done today is sleep. Must need it! Jody, I have been making smoothies. Vitamix was first thing that was pulled out and left out for me to use. Waffle not best thing but needed something solid and easy to swallow. Today, noodles and basil pesto. Always steel cut oats with protein powder. So sone good food in there. :) pain meds refilled, doc called pharmacy and told them to fill sooner. DH is the one that got that to happen. He takes care of me do well even when not here. For sore muscles using rice bags warmed up. Fits shoulder nicely.

Hi all

Lisa - enjoy that sleep while you're getting it! It's so good!

Roxie - don't blame you for not working out. You must be shattered!

Jody - I love a short premix! Are you doing anything over the holidays? Do you get to have some time off?

Mary - so what have you got planned to keep the kids busy?

Did LISLIC today. All the way through, no premixes. For the first time, I could see why some people get a bit frustrated with it. I prefer some of the combos to others, probably why I've mainly done premixes in the past.
I realised that since finishing Xtrain in mid-April I haven't used the same DVD twice. I think that shows how many I've got!! And I've just ordered 4 more?! Also, HST is on Deal of the Day today and it's sitting in my basket with two of the new ones. I'm feeling fed-up at having no money, so what do I do? I order DVDs! Can't make my mind up about the Cathes ... :confused:

Good Morning,

I did end up doing 60 squats and some abs out of Oxygen Magazine and they were tough I could only do 1 set instead of 3.

Ronne-I really tried to workout it just wasn't there. Which KCMs did you order?

I did KCM's TLC 1 and this is still my favorite of her workouts and then I did CK25 WK4 D3 onto another week.

Ronne-wts is a good one, I have Plateau Buster but haven't used it yet.

Hi all. I have been low on time to post. I did a Ride premix Tuesday, my right quad was crazy sore on Wednesday so took a rest day and today did 4DS kickbox cardio only. Quad is still sore, but not as bad. I did push it with Ride and the quad really was not feeling right from the beginning. I probably should have done something else. My right foot was bothering me again today, but I was able to complete the workout. I did make an appointment with a podiatrist for the end of the month. Wish me luck.
Waves to everyone.

Murphy

Hi all! Today did GS BSB, not too bad. Lisa, so glad you can sleep. I'm sure the brace does give you a feeling of security. So glad you were able to get more medication. Murphy, hope that foot feels better. Ronne, I just love getting new workouts! It's like Christmas! I'm with you on not having money! Ha! I thought by this age, I would be rolling in it! Jody, how awesome would it be to go meet Ronne?! We could have a "fitness conference"!! Roxie, I like KCM. She has an amazing physique! First day of summer break, 58 and raining ALL day. Had my MRI this morning, now just have to wait 5 weeks to get the results! Good thing I have some patience! Have a good evening! Mary

Mary, you have more patience than me. I'd get my mri report and scour the Web.

Murphy, hope the foot gets better

RT with Ronne sounds fun

Muscles hurt last night, it was cold so thinking if u keep them warm they may hurt less. Warm muscles stretch better and since a stretch was forced in them maybe it will help. So that means my neck will sweat, a small trade off. Slept the whole afternoon away and I still sleep at night. My body must be in major repair mode. Going to try real food tonight.

Hi all

Yes, RT to California for the over 40s! Sounds good to me!! :D

Lisa - sounds like your body is doing just what you need!

Mary - glad you got the MRI done, shame you've got to wait so long. Are the kids bouncing off the walls yet?!

Murphy - watch the leg. Don't get injured!

Roxie - I've just added TLC to my wishlist.

Did MMA Fusion today. Tried it with 1lb gloves which worked well. Felt worked in a different way to what I've been doing recently.
Waved DD off this morning, she's going away with school for the weekend. An outdoor centre in Wales, weather's supposed to be good so I'm sure she'll have a great time.
I'm off to Spain tomorrow till Tuesday. I'm going to see my brother. He's splitting up with his wife and I'm just going out for a bit of moral support.
So DH is all on his own this weekend. He's doing some DIY, good man! (And some birdwatching!)
Have a good weekend everyone.

Good Morning,

I did KCM's Your Best Body 1 that I was suppose to do Wednesday and then I did some abs from oxygen magazine and then a 1.91 mile walk outside. I am packing things up to go to the lake its hard coming up with healthy snack items.

Ronne-you won't regret that purchase if you decide to get it.

Hi girls! Today did PLB, humid here, made it seem harder than it really is. Roxie, have fun at the lake, hope some of your good weather comes this way. Rainy and damp here. Roone, so sorry about your brother. I was jealous there for a second. You are a great sister. Lisa, I don't like to google to much info, I always find the bad stuff! Then my mind goes racing. For me ignorance is best! Sleep is when we heal, if that is what your body is asking for, that's what it needs. Jody, lots of school work? Murphy, hope you are feeling better. Yesterday, with all the rain, we had old movie day! Dirt Dancing, (love that one!). And Sixteen Candles. Today will be Costco and I don't know what else! Have a good one! Mary

Had pill stick episode with vitamin today. Worried I wouldn't get it out. Bought some liquid ones! Throat finally recovered from the trauma and going to eat some real food tonight. DH is home and I fell asleep for 2 hrs right after he got home. Am able to stretch out the time between pain pills so I'm making progress. Mary, it's hard to filter out the negative stuff you can find. I try to remind myself those that have successful procedure don't tend to post. Going to be 90 here

Lisa, I bet that was scary to have a pill stick when you have limited mobility. How did real food go?

Mary, I should be doing lots of school work (case study) and hopefully I will this weekend so it is out of the way. We watched Grease here the other night. It was on tv and they shortened Grease Lightning. WTH?? Omit Stranded at the DriveIn but don't leave out parts of Greased Lightning. I love Dirty Dancing montage with Hey Baby. Great soundtrack.

Roxie, what did you end up packing for snacks? I think you burn more cals when you are on the water so maybe its an ok time to eat cheetos? ; ) We've had rain all week long.

Ronne, hugs to your bro, family and you. I've never been to Spain- but I kinda like the music. sorry.

Murphy, I hope the foot thing resolves easily. This may turn into the post-op and recovery check in!

I did some Christi step heaven and totally cool step plus most of HST. I couldn't decide what I felt like doing but I'm all sweaty now so alls well that ends well. The Christi step is similar in intensity to dance class.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.