40's monthly thread until June 30th

Did a slide & glide premix. Started out doing cardio leg blast but foot was hurting. Then tried ride but my legs were just not feeling it. S&G was okay, just enough for my foot and my mood. I guess I should get my foot looked at - I have been having pain in my left toe, it moved to the ball of my foot and is now in the arch. Probably not a good sign that the pain is moving. Hairline fracture maybe? Who knows.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Good Afternoon,

Today I did LIC Toga Relax and I know my body needs it but boy is it boring. The temp is only 61 today its the 2nd of June isn't it suppose to be warm?

Murphy-take it easy on that foot.

I did w/u and 3 sections from TTM (2 tabatas and compound) for 30 min and then did GS B, Sh, Bi time saver, but I'll admit I'd put down my wts and was cleaning up the kitchen as Cathe finished up with biceps (although I respect her decision to keep working : D )
I'll try to come up w/ something similar w/ CF and GS Ch +Tri.

Murphy and Mary, bummer about injuries/pain. You know I realized part of why I don't like kick box moves is b/c I can't quickly move my neck back and forth to look where I'm kicking when I do those side or back kicks. (I hope I'm not pre- Lisa)
Roxie I think your weather and Mary's Ohio weather get the prizes for crazy.
Lisa, perhaps you should secure the doggy's love with treats at your bedside? You will just have to walk her/him a lot once you get your sea legs back.

Hi all! Today was rest day, ankle feels much better. I'll give it a go tomorrow. I think, normally I am up about 2-3 hours before I work out, I had to work out early that day, I just think my joints weren't ready for it! Jody, you are so creative! Nice letting Cathe finish her set of curls! Murphy, do you need new shoes? Maybe they are worn out? Lisa, funny about the dog. They know when we don't feel great. I'm sure it will take some time for things to get back to normal or should I sat new normal. Are you going to have to do physical therapy? Roxie, I like to do YR (or toga! Haha!) in the evening, usually sleep like a log after that. Ronne, should be back this week, hope she has a voice like Julie Andrews! I cleaned the house and the garage, it was a sty. Took some stuff to Goodwill and half price book store. The clutter makes me nuts. Hope everyone has a good evening, my favorite trash tv returns tonite! A VERY guilty pleasure, Real Housewives of New Jersey. Murphy, do you live in that area? Talk to you later, Mary

Did bi's and tri's and abs today. Made good weight selections and it felt good, surprised myself in some areas. I tempted to slack off but did not.

Mary - Yes I live in NJ but don't tell anyone. :) I have not watched that show since its first season. There are enough jokes about NJ, we don't need anymore.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Hi all

Yes, I'm back!

Murphy - well done on the weights. It feels so good when you lift more than you expected.

Lisa - it sounds like you're making a gentle recovery. Glad the ipod suggestion was helpful. I'm glad the surgery went well. So, have you got a cage around your neck or something?!

Roxie - hope the weather is improving for you.

Jody - sounds like you're still being really creative with the workouts. It was kind of you to let Cathe finish her reps before switching her off!

Mary - I must admit I do love a clear out. I think I'm a bit over zealous sometimes with throwing things away or sending them to the charity shop!

Well, we had a lovely time in Austria but the weather was atrocious! It was about 10 degrees cooler than it should be at this time of year (that's C not F). By the last day, I was going out in a vest, long sleeved top, jacket and waterproof over the top! And gloves would have been useful! I've never used my umbrella so much in my life. On Friday, it literally rained all day! Anyway, we still had a great time. Ate well, relaxed, did a bit of walking. We didn't get up in the mountains as we wouldn't have been able to see anything. We were at 1200 m and the snow was at 1500 behind a massive bank of cloud.
DD had a good time with her grandparents, so we've all come back refreshed.
Did TF today as it felt like a good 'getting back to working out' choice. And it was!

Good morning! Today did XT legs. Lisa, I imagine that is hard to dress up! Can you take it off to shower? I would be in there forever! Only 5 more weeks tho! Ronne, sorry about the weather, sounds like you made the best of it. When are you coming to the States? This summer? Murphy, I won't tell! I had no ides Jersey was so beautiful tho! I like to see all the fancy houses, yards, clothes, etc! Roxie, how are you feeling? Jody, what creativity are you up to today? Last 3 days of school, twins have finals this week, so they get out at all goofy times. They are messing up my routine! Have a good day! Mary

That pic I took pre-surgery and I was goofing around. I can take off to shower but limit showers to 5 minutes. Still try to nail down that routine, need help still, dil may need to help me mid week. Thank goodness for dil because ds just looked at me like in you dreams I'd shower my mom' I don't think oldest ds is used to seeing his mom need help. Hopefully dil can pick up refill for drugs today. I did manage to get situated in my expensive recliner. Baby steps. :)

Good Morning,

I did KCMs Body Shop and at one point I thought I was going to pass out she works you good in this workout totally worth the money, I started out with 10lb wts but had to drop down to 8 and then when she went lighter I did 5lb wts. I worked my abs, 50 squats and CK25 WK4 D2.

Lisa-that doesn't look fun.

I did GS Ch and Tri TS and one dance class. It was pouring, I almost didn't go but it stopped long enough for me to grab dd muck boots and slog out to car.
Lisa, hang in there! I'm glad you have the kids right now.

Roxie, I was watching KCM on youtube, I think I'd like some of her workouts. She looks great, too, like Cathe, another whose physique I admire.

Ronne is back! Sorry about the weather but it sounds like you guys had a nice time together anyway.

Mary I think public schools are out on the 6th here and back Aug 19. I have 3 more weeks for this semester and a lot to pack in.

Murphy, do you like Jeff Corwin? He was just someplace in NJ. I have a crush on him and have since he had a show on disney, sheesh, 15 years ago? I also like Bill Nye! Jeff is just a hottie.

Tea, shower, bed, nite!

Hello

Jody - I'm another KCM fan. I really like her personality and I like to mix her DVDs with Cathe. Also, 30 mins is right up my street!

Roxie - Ooh, that sounds good. Thanks for the review.

Lisa - it's worked out quite well that your ds and dil moved in after all!

Mary - I'm sure you did Xtrain Legs just the other week didn't you? You do like to work those legs! Yes, end of July we head for California, can't believe that it's so soon now!

Did PLB today. My legs are quivering. Not felt that for a long time. I cracked yesterday and ordered some DVDs. I've been wanting some for a while. I ordered two KCM's Plateau Buster and Weights, Amy Bento's Drop Sets and Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30. It was only $9.99 and there are 4 workouts so I thought it was worth a try.

Hello! Today did GS C&T, I was shaking! Ronne, I want to hear about Amy's drop sets! I love getting new workouts! July isn't too far away, how long will you be there? Is it a long trip? Jody, 3 more weeks then you will be off until fall semester? Jeff Corwin is a cutie, little one used to watch his show, he LOVED Steve Irwin tho! Lisa, how are you doing? Thank goodness they moved in! Are they doing the cooking? Roxie, that sounds like a challenging workout! Murphy, what did you do today? I'm enjoying a few hours of quiet, talk to you later, Mary

Good Morning,

I did KCMs Total Body Kickbox 1 and it was a disappointing workout I couldn't get the moves down so I didn't burn a whole lot of calories. I went for a walk outside for 1.74 miles and thankfully the rain held off and then I did 55 squats.

Mary-it was a good workout.

Ronne-this workout is a waste of money and its the one I really wanted.

Trying for a quick post. I think I overdid it yesterday and I was hurting everywhere and my muscles I can't believe they're this week or maybe because they were stretched with the surgery making disc space bigger so with my muscles stretched they're weaker because of that?

Kids being here a very helpful! I couldn't find my sock last night when I went to bed and it was underneath it. there's no way I could have gotten it from under the bed! It's the little things. For example if I drop something I'm too tired to pick it up I just grab another one like a straw someone else pick it up later

dogs warming back up to me since my voice is returning to normal and I think she'd gotten used to the neck brace

Trying to limit arm movements. Hard doing things at eye level and my delts hurt so bad down into triceps, both sides. All from trying to wash my hair (didn't want dh to tangle it), making eggs, and some iPhone typing at eye level made it all hurt bad all thru the night

Lisa, not much more than its a muscle relaxant! Is it not working for you? I know when I had my hip surgeries, they put me on Valium with the pain pills, the muscle spasms were worse than the actual pain! Hope you are feeling better today.

I don't feel like any of the muscles relaxer has helped. I like valium but only for its calming properties. Even nurse at hospital said it was like the valium only put me to sleep because when I woke up an hr later was bad pain. I'm using tiger balm that seems to help, temporarily

Fighting to get my percocet refilled. Damn insurance won't fill till Monday, I run out on Thursday. I explained to pharmacy how much I am taking and that was how hospital told me to take it. For some reason insurance will pay for only 8 a day bur hospital says take 12 a day

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.