40's monthly thread until June 30th

fitover40

Cathlete
Just starting you guys off. I do like having a thread for a month. Hope the name is ok, and it lets you know when next thread should start?

Good Morning,

I will CK25 WK 3 D2 and a stretch. We were going to the lake today but DD and GS are coming down tomarrow so we are going to get stuff ready for their visit which I am so excited about.

Lisa-good job with the thread.

Good morning! Today did YR. Lisa, thanks for starting us off! Hope you are doing ok today. Roxie, enjoy that baby! Jody, what are you up to? Murphy, you doing something fun with the kids? Ronne, oh she is gone! Wedding was nice, didn't know too many people, but I did have cake! Today we are going to beach house for the day. Hope it's not too cold! Have a good day! Mary

3.98 mile dog walk. took longer walk because I feel better today than yesterday, I think because I took a 2nd dose of gabapentin yesterday (felt that bad), it wiped me out all afternoon.

Mary, I am getting more nervous, but ready to not have pain and would like to be able to use my left arm! I hope you can enjoy the beach house, warmer weather should be coming your way.

Roxie, enjoy the GS, get in your snuggle time :)

I did cardio supersets and the bonus step - music off, listened to a power mix that included Thrift Shop, Gangnam style and Pause so it was fun if not exactly in time w/ the crew.
Lisa that walk sounds nice. I am excited for you to have this resolved soon. Will it be helpful to have the kids around while you recover? Did you get your audio books downloaded?
Mary have fun at the beach!
Roxie will the kids stay over? I hope baby travels well. Timing is everything!
Hi to Murphy and yodels to Ronne.
I'd like to see Star Trek tomorrow, I wonder if theater will be crowded.

Did the same walk from yesterday. Thats it for workouts for a while. Everything hurt real bad last night, ready for the healing to begin. Oh wait, there's the little bit of surgery first :)

Jody, It will be good to have the kids around, especially since DH is starting to travel a lot. That's interesting way to w/o with using different music, I'd lose my place with a step w/o with different music. I used to be a trekkie in my younger years, kinda lost interest. Guys in the house love it though!

Hi everyone else!

Murphy, DIL got me a peace massage bar, now DH has no excuse to not rub lotion into my feet and legs! I'm getting addicted to Lush's massage bars now! They moisturize better than their lotion.

Hi all! Lisa, sending you good thoughts and prayers for tomorrow. You will do amazing! I will keep an eye out on FB for updates, tell DH he has other women nagging him! Roxie, hope you are having a good day with GS. Jody, never really got into star trek, hope you enjoyed the movie. Murphy, you out there? Beach was wonderful yesterday! Parade and memorial service was nice today. Still have to get my workout in, and clean! I'm behind! Ok, better get moving, Lisa,, thinking of you! Mary

Good Afternoon,

I woke up with a horrible pain in my left shoulder and neck don't know if I slept wrong or pulled something so I am not working out today. DD and GS just left and he is getting so cute crawls everywhere pulls himself up on everything its cute to watch we also took him to the park and he had his first swing ride and went down a slipper slide.

Mary-they live close enough they don't need to stay over and they left early because the weather is suppose to be bad again tonite we are expecting golfball size hail and tornados.

Lisa-prayers are with you.

Lisa, I will be on the lookout for updates but tomorrow is 6 am to 9 pm day.
Roxie, yuck to that hail if you get it but I'm glad you guys had fun playing at the park.
Mary, I'm always behind on cleaning!

I've been a trekkie my whole life! I used to watch the originals with my dad, reruns at the time. I'd enjoy an original series marathon.
No workout, just friggin didn't feel like it. I spent most of the day working on school stuff. Yuck but hopefully it will make the reports I have to turn in more manageable. Oh and teenage angst running rampant in the house. Wow, Im a real downer, sorry!
Not angst, anger and attitude!

Last edited:
Jody, it will be well after 4pm mt (6pm your time) before DH knows anything. Today I've felt better than I thought I would, just now tricep pain is kicking in. Sure hope I have some pain tomorrow :)

I planned to do YR because everytime I do that it puts things in a way that makes it hurt next day (and I do not push it). But I'm so full of water! They told me to load up on water today since I can't drink after midnight.

Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers. I hope this gets me to my old self...eventually. Lots of recovery ahead.

Prayers and love coming your way, Lisa. Let go and be open to all the healing coming your way! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hugs

Hi ladies, yes, I'm peeking while I dream of having coffee. Thanks for all the healing vibes, I'm blessed to have such wonderful friends.

Good Morning,

Woke up with the same pain in the shoulder neck region so I will probably do cardio all week and give my muscles a rest.

Lisa-thinking of you and your family today.

Did Tabatacise this morning. I did most, subbed a few parts. I also pushed a little harder and it felt good. I think it is the recovery blast part that gets me. I see why they are needed, but I need to work up to them as well. I also tacked on the abs and that was good. Waves to all!

Mary - thanks for the update. glad to hear Lisa is well.

Murphy

Good Morning,

I will do SJP step only today some abs and then walk on the TM since we are having thunderstorms already this morning.

Mary-thanks for the update.

Good morning! Just saw on FB, Lisa is doing well, waiting to eat breakfast. So, so far so good. Yesterday did a premix from AT, not sure what I will get to today. Murphy, I enjoy Tabatacize, I too don't like the recoveries! Roxie, hope the bad weather is no where near you. Jody, how was your Tuesday? Long? Not much planned today, kids will be out of school next Wednesday, they are getting excited! If I see anything else, I will post later, Mary

Workouts done SJP Step, Shaun T Rockin Body Mark, Move & Groove, Hip Hop Abs Last Minute Abs, and then 1.47 miles on the TM.

Mary-thanks for the update. I can't believe your kids are still in school they ended here last week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.