40+ May Days

Good morning! Today did PS BB&A. Roxie, I don't want your rain! Lisa, yours either! Yes, we have to do a self evaluation, then they evaluate you. Weird I know! Ronne, how was lunch? Hi Murphy! Today have to go get the cars tested and get our stickers for the year. Fun times......

Hello
Late post again, been to the acupuncturist again.

Mary - it was nice thanks. It was good to catch up with people.

Roxie - that sounds like a lot of water!

Lisa - are you on your own this week? Getting up to anything nice?

Did KCM YBB 2 premix with cardio. Another good one. Weather is mad here as well, tropical rain storms, then sunshine, then more rain. And cold! Fed up with it.

I did 60 min of spinning, I felt great afterward, even if it's a total soaker of a day. Off to dr later, see what they say about my hormones, though this week I feel a bit better. Sounds like we are all fed up with the weather. I gotta run, later!

Hey everyone, well, i just got back from the dr. Based on my symptoms, they think I need a stronger dose of estrogen. Plus what I'm currently on is synthetic and they think bio-identical works better. They can't do blood tests to check hormone levels because of the synthetic hormones (they said it was more a birth control pill), so they are putting me on an estrogen patch and then prometrium (never want to get estrogen without progesterine). I get bloodwork done in 3 weeks and then go back in 4 weeks to see where the hormones are at in the blood tests. They seemed very understanding and determined to get me feeling better. I have such brain fog along with the insomnia I know I'm barely functioning so hoping this works, and SOON! Oh and then I go in 2 weeks for my fun pap, etc. Arg, so many dr visits! If it gets me feeling better I'm all for it! I do not know how women go through life without replacing hormones, I feel awful!

Good Evening,

I went for a walk over lunch today and it was chilly raining again this evening.

Lisa-I really think you need to find someone who does hormone therapy and compounds my boss does that and she has me on a progesterone cream that works really well.

Hello

Lisa - sounds like they'll get you sorted out!

Did a Jessica Smith today, cardio kickboxing abs, 30 mins. For once, I didn't find it that hard. Nothing much going on. I gave in last night and we had the heating on for an hour, I think it's the latest in the spring we've ever had it on.

Good Morning,

XT Bis & Tris this morning. We got more rain last night just what we needed. My dizziness came back today not sure what set it off except maybe the back and shoulder work Monday.

Ronne-we had to turn our furnace back on today.

Hello! Today did PS legs. Roxie, we are refusing to turn the furnace back on! Lol! Of course we are the one's suffering, we are warming up again tomorrow, we will use an electric heater to take the chill out. Ronne, was this your last treatment? Did they say how long until you see/feel improvement? Lisa, sounds like they are very thorough! I hope they find you relief quickly! Hello to everyone else. Very long band concert last night, 2 1/2 hours! We have another one tomorrow evening for youngest DS, then they are in the parade on Monday. Cleaning the living room today, got all the kitchen cupboards done yesterday. I feel accomplished! Mary

I did XT CBS today. Will go for a chilly walk, waiting for it to reach at least 40 degrees! I've had the furnace on on these coldish days. I get up in the morning and it's 59 in the house! Crazy weather this year, last year my BFF and I were hiking in the mountains! Ronne, how did you find this home worker group you go meet with sometimes? I can see it being very beneficial to converse with other humans, I feel like some days I need to bark! woof, woof! DH will be in LA again next week. Fed up with this account he's on, it's been non stop since the first of the year. They are taking him off of it but it can't come soon enough. Sweet DH was so worried when I texted him to call when he had a chance (so I could tell him about the dr visit and something DS has going on), I hardly ever bother him, but geez, 7pm and he's still working in a meeting!??!?! Yes I think this dr office is just the place I need to get me back on track. I just hate the drive! Mary, it's that time of year to have end of school business, that's a long concert! And you still manage to get more done around the house than me, I'm embarrassed! Roxie, it's been a decade since just progesterone cream alone worked to keep things in balance. I hope you all don't experience the estrogen depletion I am, it stinks! Even my GF who is 10 yrs older than me doesn't have symptoms as bad as me, dr mentioned that based on tests a few yrs ago I had premature ovarian failure, they have a great plan to get the hormones back in balance. I like that they are rechecking the hormones to see how what they prescribed are working. Hope you get your dizziness gets better!

Hello

Lisa - they all live locally and I knew one of them through DD's school and got invited along. It is great to get out of the house. I can go days without leaving the house ... Don't take this the wrong way, but I really hope I don't suffer like you are doing, it sounds miserable. Really hope you can get sorted out.

Mary - believe me, I am the last person to put the heating on, but I'm wearing layers and wrapped in a blanket and still cold? That's it! It has been nice the last couple of nights not to get into bed and it be freezing! That's a long concert, do you ever nod off?!

Roxie - sounds like we're all having a delayed spring!

Did LIC today, everything apart from the abs as that makes it too long. Enjoyed it. Baked a cake for DD to take into school tomorrow (she thought I was sucking up to the teachers until I said that there'd been a request from the PTA to do it ;)).

Ronne, I hope you don't either! It's frustrating for sure and then it doesn't help when my sister says ' I got thru meno naturally'. This isn't something you get thru, this is the rest of your life. Some of my friends are too scared of estrogen and therefore resort to sleeping pills, I hate the hangover from them. Thankfully I don't have the risk factors that may limit my options. Another rainy day, grrrr, going to do XT bi/tri.

Hello! Today did premix from intensity, BC and hi/lo hiit. Ronne, Lisa, I think it affects everyone so differently. I feel ok now, it was rough at the beginning. My mom is still on estrogen tho, she still has trouble wit hot flashes. Lisa, it really sounds like they can help. If I have trouble sleeping I take excedrin PM, really helps me. I tried a sleeping pill once, I was so afraid I was going to wake up eating a box of cookies I never slept! Sorry about the rain, it's got to be getting old. Roxie, hope your dizziness is gone. Cleaning today, another band concert, I'm thrilled.....

Hello! Today did yesterday's Cathe live, upper body, it was good, I really liked it. Hello to everyone, hope all is well. Mary

Lla with Barre, minus abs! Still #@$@#$@ raining! Mary, maybe it depends on how much hormones your body is accustomed to and how much you're producing? I need to do a vacuum max premix! Hahaha, I'm so witty!

Happy Saturday! Today did PLB. I'm not trying to gloat, it is beautiful here! Kids start life guarding this weekend. The are psyched. I think we are going to go see Pitch Perfect 2 today, loved the first one. Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Still raining, grumble, grumble! The top news here is that the water park called water world could not open this weekend because there is too much water! Irony! Rest and errand day for me. Good news, DH is home for the next couple weeks!

Hi all

Busy with visitors, people for dinner, family coming to stay, etc. It's a Bank Holiday weekend here, so lots on. Squeezing the odd workout in here and there.
I won't be around much as it's half term as well. May check back in again later in the week.
Weather report: still mixed!

Hello! Today did cardio only from DM. Ronne, enjoy your time off! Lisa, did the rain stop ? Enjoy having DH home. Mine is at the fire station today. Roxie,, are you still getting rain? Going to the pool today, DD's first day at work. Have a good day! Mary

Good Afternoon,

Everywhere here is flooded the lake is 7ft over flood stage and we are expecting more tomorrow and all of next week don't know how much more we can handle. My DD told us she is pregnant again due in January we are excited especially after spending the last two says with GS.

Imax2, but only for 6 intervals. Mary, pretend to be drowning so do has to save you! Lol Roxie, we saw sure for a good part of the day, but thunderstorms now. Congrats on being a grandma again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.