3 years ago today, Cathe made announcement for new videos (from my Facebook feed) so.....

I shall choose, since we live in a free democratic world;);), to not reply to your question:). History probably is the reason!
Hmmm I wonder why the statement originator did not deliver your message *above* herself --- History!
I shall leave you discuss the gray area with anyone wishing to:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just so you Know, it was you who made that statement public & it is also you who chooses to perpetuate it.

Grow up and get your facts straight already.

Reactions: mjd
That said Cathe has produced metabolic well before this recent "interest"/Craze;) for metabolic workout.

High step challenge is one of my favourite met --- Released 2005/HARDCORE series, well before the Afterburn, claimed
in one of previous post as first cathe metabolic;) --- Which by the way is incorrect!!

==================================================================

Metabolic training can take a variety of forms. High-intensity interval training, a type of training that alternates period of maximal work with recovery periods, is a form of metabolic training, but so is a kettlebell workout and circuit training that alternates strength-training with short periods of cardio. Metabolic training can take a variety of forms. Some of my DVDs that utilize this fat burning principle are: After Burn,Cardio Supersets, HiiT, Tabatacise, CrossFire and To The Max.

====================================================================
I believe we have all heard about the say: You get what you put into it. We shall all be free
to take it to anaerobic level or not!!!! Weight load selection. 3 pound weight is not equal to
5, 8,10 or 12 pound. Should it be pound or kg!
Source:

http://cathe.com/what-exactly-is-a-metabolic-workout

Enjoy reading everyone!!:)

I noticed at Cathe's gym, the Four Season's website, that they offer a class called "Xtrain: Hard Strikes Live". It includes step aerobics, kickboxing, AND weight training! A little bit of everything I love in one workout!! :D It would be awesome to see Cathe put something like that on a DVD release! I'm not aware of any of her past releases that offer that combination as a main workout on a DVD..??

Class Description:
Description 20/20/20 Step, Kickbox and Weights. A high energy cardio circuit class designed to burn fat, calories and strengthen muscles. Start out with step aerobics, move onto kickbox and finish with strength training.

Last edited:
I would love bodyweight workouts from Cathe too like Hoco and/or the XFA guys from Qinetic. They have some interesting total body workouts and Upper Body intensity workouts that are fast and furious. Additionally, I really like Stephanie Lauren's style of Plyo with Yoga moves in between - it's tough but really fun and new for me.

It's fun right for us to weigh in and say what we would be excited about for Cathe's "next" couple of releases when we do not really know if/when it may be coming?! lol. :) Really enjoy reading everyone's suggestions/hopes etc.
I would love to see incorporation of slow & controlled lower body barbell work in any system/dvd. I would also appreciate bonuses of 25 minute recovery routines on weights dvds (that are specific to weight training to do on in-between days, not just lower tempo in general). Cathe also does low impact & glider work like nobody can, so more of that would just be great! I like what some of you have been mentioning about something entirely novel from Cathe. We can count on Cathe taking anything and making it her own and functional for the home exerciser.
I think I belong in the "we have enough circuits and high intensity" to last some time camp. Cathe makes it undreadworthy however, so I understand why us Cathletes would be looking forward to more of this as well (or executed in a Cathe form).

I noticed at Cathe's gym, the Four Season's website, that they offer a class called "Xtrain: Hard Strikes Live". It includes step aerobics, kickboxing, AND weight training! A little bit of everything I love in one workout!! :D It would be awesome to see Cathe put something like that on a DVD release! I'm not aware of any of her past releases that offer that combination as a main workout on a DVD..??

Class Description:
Description 20/20/20 Step, Kickbox and Weights. A high energy cardio circuit class designed to burn fat, calories and strengthen muscles. Start out with step aerobics, move onto kickbox and finish with strength training.

Cathe's Cross Train Xpress series from 2000 has two workouts similar to what you've described. Power Circuit has low and high impact, step circuits, kickbox then weights, and 10-10-10 has kickbox, hi-lo, step and weights. It is a 6 day per week series. A real gem, in my opinion.

Julie

Cathe's Cross Train Xpress series from 2000 has two workouts similar to what you've described. Power Circuit has low and high impact, step circuits, kickbox then weights, and 10-10-10 has kickbox, hi-lo, step and weights. It is a 6 day per week series. A real gem, in my opinion.

Julie

So glad you mentioned this one! Exactly what I would love for a birthday gift :)

I am also excited about her next DVD release - whenever that is. I think Cathe has produced a good mix of everything, but I find myself navigating to many of her older programs now - hardcore gym series, slow and heavy, STS, X-train, RWH, etc. because I am interested in heavier lifting. Most of her recent "weights" (imo) are more endurance (i.e. higher reps and lower weights). I would love another STS or something along those lines. There seems to be an overabundance of cardio...I'm still excited to see whatever she produces though....

I would love more step and kick boxing! I love party rocking step 1 and 2 I love the music and it makes me sweat like crazy! I love hard strikes and rockem sockem. And I love Muscle Max ! So I would love to see a series with muscle max 2 because I'd love to have a full body lifting work out.
Then the step workout is love for it to be like ICE where it is an intermediate AND advanced workout!
I love that I have an option to do an advanced or intermediate depending on how I feel. But what would be more interesting is one premix with the advanced blast put in the middle of the intermediate step that way u would tell yourself, self get up the mountain and once I go up to advanced that is over it's all down hill still somewhat hard but not as hard as it was. I hope that makes since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here --- It just feel right for me:)

That said Cathe has produced metabolic well before this recent "interest"/Craze;) for metabolic workout.

High step challenge is one of my favourite met --- Released 2005/HARDCORE series, well before the Afterburn, claimed
in one of previous post as first cathe metabolic;) --- Which by the way is incorrect!!

Always a fine line between circuit training and metabolic conditioning.

Clare

I love Step Moves and Cardio with Weights. I have plenty of strength training, metabolic training, and HIIT. I want some long slow burn cardio on the step or old fashioned aerobics. I want a Cardio Partyyyyy! I want multiple segments and chapters so that I can select a 20 minute workout all the way up to 70 minutes. and I want to have two different kinds of cool downs, one that is standing and traditional style and the other that is on the mat and is yoga style. Oh, and I want Cedie to be in it. I want upbeat fun music like CW. Cathe, you could produce two discs like that one is step, one is Boxing. I want the boxing to have an all upper body focused cardio option for the days after I did any of your leg workouts!

I love Step Moves and Cardio with Weights. I have plenty of strength training, metabolic training, and HIIT. I want some long slow burn cardio on the step or old fashioned aerobics. I want a Cardio Partyyyyy! I want multiple segments and chapters so that I can select a 20 minute workout all the way up to 70 minutes. and I want to have two different kinds of cool downs, one that is standing and traditional style and the other that is on the mat and is yoga style. Oh, and I want Cedie to be in it. I want upbeat fun music like CW. Cathe, you could produce two discs like that one is step, one is Boxing. I want the boxing to have an all upper body focused cardio option for the days after I did any of your leg workouts!
Yes yes yes yes! I agree so so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't know if that is correct. High Step Challenge is a circuit workout alternating upper & lower body exercises which will create more of a aerobic oriented workout. If I am not mistaken, Metabolic workouts are intended to be primarily anaerobic, combining upper & lower body, which is why they are generally shorter.

These above are pretty confusing --- contradictory!!
Yes met create work anaerobically --- even if workout last about an hour with short
Hiit interval alternating with short recovery drill. Aerobic circuit versus Metabolic is clear as far as
I am concerned! No grey area for me! FYI

http://cathe.com/aerobic-and-anaerobic-training-how-do-they-differ

Last edited:
These above are pretty confusing --- contradictory!!
Yes met create work anaerobically --- even if workout last about an hour with short
Hiit interval alternating with short recovery drill. Aerobic circuit versus Metabolic is clear as far as
I am concerned! No grey area for me! FYI

http://cathe.com/aerobic-and-anaerobic-training-how-do-they-differ

I would say High Step Challenge is not a metabolic workout, it's a circuit, based on the length, 68 minutes, exercises, separate upper body, lower body, & cardio, & how it is structured, alternating cardio & weights. A very good circuit I might add.

High Step Challenge breakdown

Chiseled Upper and LOVE Metabolic training....just want a traditional upper body workout if she does film again. I would love another similar to Metabolic. It is "just right" for me now!

@Denise R

A metabolic within a 6 reps range, with a minute break creatively produced by cathe similar to
this below would be different from current Cathe's collection. I would definitely be in:)
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.