3 years ago today, Cathe made announcement for new videos (from my Facebook feed) so.....

Denise R

Cathlete
So..

This is about that time of year when Cathe announces she will be filming. I wonder if she'll film this year. I would LOVE more strength workouts. I'd like a traditional all upper body workout, as I felt Chiseled Upper Body wasn't. Plus more low impact high intensity workouts! (hey a girl can dream)

If Cathe was to film, what would you like to see?

I was just going to start a new thread, just for inspiration, but I'll post here just for fun. Enjoy!

OLD WAY
take-the-first-step.jpg

NEW WAY

And I look at Cathe's total collection, 99% of which I own, and I see weights, weights, weights.

We all have different perspectives. I am glad Chiselled Upper was not traditional weight training: many others agree. Point is to not repeat ourselves constantly, but find different ways to work the body, and different ways for Cathe to be creative.

Metabolic Training: I can't get enough of this. It made a late start into the Cathe catalogue with Afterburn. I am sure she has not exhausted her creativity where these workouts are concerned. Would love more.

Clare

And I look at Cathe's total collection, 99% of which I own, and I see weights, weights, weights.

We all have different perspectives. I am glad Chiselled Upper was not traditional weight training: many others agree. Point is to not repeat ourselves constantly, but find different ways to work the body, and different ways for Cathe to be creative.

Metabolic Training: I can't get enough of this. It made a late start into the Cathe catalogue with Afterburn. I am sure she has not exhausted her creativity where these workouts are concerned. Would love more.

Clare

I really enjoy Chiseled Upper and LOVE Metabolic training....just want a traditional upper body workout if she does film again. I would love another similar to Metabolic. It is "just right" for me now!

I've been wanting more total body weight workouts modeled after the STS phases (muscle endurance, hypertrophy, strength). If she did a 7 disc series and the weight workouts were 3 of the discs, I'd also like to see a lower body metabolic workout (similar to Cardio Leg Blast), a low impact HIIT workout, a step workout with mid-range choreography & a focus on intensity, & a total body metabolic workout (like AfterBurn or SuperCuts). Now that I think about it, the additions to the weight work look a lot like X-Train 2 :) My love for Xtrain is showing...

I love you guys, you've barely gotten ice out of the box & you already want something else, god luv ya. so, rebounding off lily64, something weighted with the 3 discs TB think (HR, STSTB, & MM), and a leg day, straight up or not, meaning metabolic, and hmmm, three straight cardio of the steady state variety like the classics or hits, but tailored like party rocking' step 2? There that's 7. 1 hour a day every day. That's my take.

What if there was an app where you could pick chapters & slice & dice, assemble for a custom workout. sort of like Kayla Itsines, but Cathe style. she could add chapter updates exclusive, that don't even exist in any workouts. Workout Blender & more, for those girls going to the gym, or anywhere workouts. I might actually have to upgrade my phone for that! Can you do this with the workout blender on your phone? Anyone know?

I also would love some kickboxing and cardio. I have a lot of weights. I did IMAX 3 yesterday and it was friggin awesome! Everytime I do it....I get a bit of anxiety wondering if I can keep up! I did! I love metabolic too. Everyone's different that for sure. Cathe however knows how to be creative enough to keep us interested and we all keep coming back for more, right? Maybe some steady state, low impact and stretching too.

I'd love an STS 2. I know STS 1 was such an undertaking, so I'm not sure Cathe will do that again. I'd certainly buy, though! Short of that, I would also like a weights-oriented program which included both traditional and contrast training and metabolic weight training.

In the meantime, I'm so glad for Cathe Live. It's something new every week so I don't get nearly as antsy about new video releases anymore! (You'd think I was a paid spokeswoman for Cathe Live, don't I wish.)

Since I am on a no buying right now, I am in no rush for more workout dvd's :p I still haven't worked through all the ICE workouts. If I had a vote..... I would like to see more low impact workout. I really like ICE KB and XTrain Low Impact floor workouts, can't get enough of those two workouts.

At the risk of having rotten fruit hurled at me, I believe there is an abundance of awesome weights, high impact high intensity, step and kickboxing workouts in the Cathe dvd library. I think it's time to see something fresh and new! I would love to see Cathe come out with something she hasn't done before, such as workouts using purely bodyweight training - perhaps incorporating the use of a suspension trainer or equalizer bars. I'd also love to see more low impact low intensity - we really need more of those.
By the way, wasn't the Xtrain series supposed to be the "new" STS?

I really enjoy Chiseled Upper and LOVE Metabolic training....just want a traditional upper body workout if she does film again. I would love another similar to Metabolic. It is "just right" for me now!

Same here --- It just feel right for me:)

That said Cathe has produced metabolic well before this recent "interest"/Craze;) for metabolic workout.

High step challenge is one of my favourite met --- Released 2005/HARDCORE series, well before the Afterburn, claimed
in one of previous post as first cathe metabolic;) --- Which by the way is incorrect!!

Last edited:
I also would love some kickboxing and cardio. I have a lot of weights. I did IMAX 3 yesterday and it was friggin awesome! Everytime I do it....I get a bit of anxiety wondering if I can keep up! I did! I love metabolic too. Everyone's different that for sure. Cathe however knows how to be creative enough to keep us interested and we all keep coming back for more, right? Maybe some steady state, low impact and stretching too.

I agree with highlighted above. Sometimes I think God this is Scary!!! --- How on earth can cathe read our interests:)!!
I would like to see her creativity designing another cycle dvd --- I know there is always cathe live but some of us
want more GEMS:);)--- I want to jump on my bike LOL ---Oh working eccentrically on a bike is welcome too:):eek::p.
Please bring on those hover stance OUCH:):p

Same here --- It just feel right for me:)

That said Cathe has produced metabolic well before this recent "interest"/Craze;) for metabolic workout.

High step challenge is one of my favourite met --- Released 2005/HARDCORE series, well before the Afterburn, claimed
in one of previous post as first cathe metabolic;) --- Which by the way is incorrect!!

I don't know if that is correct. High Step Challenge is a circuit workout alternating upper & lower body exercises which will create more of a aerobic oriented workout. If I am not mistaken, Metabolic workouts are intended to be primarily anaerobic, combining upper & lower body, which is why they are generally shorter. CMIIW. There's a gray area, I'm sure, and I'm sure many probably use metabolic workouts aerobically, longer intense metabolic workouts could almost be considered steady state.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.